Chateau / Manor House in Aubry Le Panthou, Orne, Normandy, France - Set in Some 60 Acres of Wonderfully Tranquil and Beautiful Normandy Countryside
Escape the bustle of life and enjoy this spacious, beautifully restored 15th century Manor House set in the magnificent Normandy countryside. Constructed in the typical colombages Normandy style, it is set in beautiful, peaceful countryside, with 60 acres of fields and woods for you to enjoy. The Manoir has a spacious French style kitchen complete with Aga, an elegant dining room with a large table able to seat 12 people and a 40ft long drawing room with the original huge inglenook fireplace. Only 3 hours drive from Calais via motorway A28 Calais direct to Gace, the Manoir is ideal for a week or even a long weekend getaway. Suitable for a large family or group of friends to rent. In the Manoir, boasting a Buddist Monastery across the valley, you will find peace, privacy and the perfect combination of informality and tradition. The Manoir comes complete with Sky TV and wifi for those who need to be in touch with metropolitan life at all times. Dogs are welcome.
Top Traveller Review
Idyllic restored Manor
About the Owner
The current owners stumbled across the Manoir in the 1990's, immediately falling in love with its rustic charm. Over a number of years we have painstakingly restored the Manoir, completely refurbishing the property adding many home comforts including necessities.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Idyllic restored Manor
This house is just delightful, a gently restored much loved old manor surrounded by unspoilt countryside and much as it would have been a few hundred years ago, yet with all the things you hope to find (cupboard full of the things you might have forgotten,comfortable beds, huge baths, boiler that can easily cope). Our extended family gathering had space to spread out, wifi for the kids, acres for the dogs to run in, no lists of rules and regulations, we were totally charmed and would go back in an instant.
Lovely charming shabby chic hideaway !
We stayed for 5 nights in May and the house was delightful. Just as we had expected. The description Michael gave was very accurate and we were thrilled. The house is very large and suits a large family or group of friends. We loved the shabby chic rustic feel. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the pillows and linen were of excellent quality. The fireplace is enormous and the drawing room a delight to cosy up in front of in the chilly evenings. All in all its a magical place. Very clean and we would recommend to anyone. There is a very useful guardian on hand promptly to fix any problems which may occur in an old house such as this. We loved it all and we covered all ages from 8yrs to 95yrs and all were happy ! Well done
From the Owner
“We stumbled across the Manoir in the 1990's, immediately falling in love with its rustic charm. Over a number of years we have painstakingly restored the Manoir, completely refurbishing the property adding many home comforts including necessities.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The Manoir is within the boundary of the Appellation Calvados Controlee, in the Pays D’Auge, who control the production of Calvados. One of the barns still has the original apple press used for the production of local Cidre and Calvados.
Additionally Manoir de la Baudriere is right in the main horse stud area with the French national stud of Haras du pin only 20 mins drive away. Incidentally this is where the 2014 World Equestrian Championships are being held.
The Manoir is only 1 hours drive from the long sandy beaches at Cabourg, Villers sur Mer and Deaville.
It is in the centre of cheese making and Calvados country. Visits can be made to the cheese factories at Camembert and Livarot, and Calvados can be tasted at many local small producers.
Nearby is the museum and memorial at Mont-Ormel which overlooks the valley where the Battle of Normandy took place in 1944.
1 hours drive from the long sandy beaches at Cabourg, Villers sur Mer and Deaville.
1. Château Saint-Germain de Livet. Drive: 30 mins
2. Le Haras National du Pin. Drive: 35 mins
3. The Second World War Museum and Memorial de Montormel. Drive: 15 mins.
4. Manoir de Bellou. Drive: 30 mins
5. Camembert village. Drive: 5 mins
6. Parc Festyland. Drive: Over 1 hour
7. Towns of Vimoutier, Orbec. Drive: 5 mins
8. Honfleur. Drive: 50mins
- Booking Notes:
Payment must be made for the total length of your stay, no later than 6 weeks prior to your stay
Saturday but we can be flexible if possible
Notes on prices:
£1,200 per week
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Manoir de la Baudriere’s original out-buildings and barns are still standing and are a wonderful snapshot of French rural history. The Manoir is within the boundary of the Appellation Calvados Controlee, in the Pays D’Auge, who control the production of Calvados. Additionally Manoir de la Baudriere is right in the main horse stud area with the French national stud of Haras du pin only 20 mins drive away. The Manoir is only 1 hours drive from the long sandy beaches at Cabourg, Villers sur Mer and Deaville. It is in the centre of cheese making and Calvados country. Visits can be made to the cheese factories at Camembert and Livarot, and Calvados can be tasted. Nearby is the memorial at Mont-Ormel overlooking the valley where the Battle of Normandy took place in 1944”
- chateau / country house
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with bath En-suite to bedroom 2 with bath En-suite to bedroom 3 with bath Bathroom to children's room with bath Wet-room to bedrooms 5 and 6 with shower
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 15 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1st Floor Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite 1st Floor Bedroom 2 with double bed and en-suite 1st Floor Bedroom 3 with double bed and en-suite 1st Floor Bedroom 4 with up to 4 children single beds 2nd Floor Bedrooms 5 and 6 with shared wet-room
- Outside: Set in some 60 acres of private land, Manoir de la Baudriere is the perfect setting for you to unwind in the wonderfully tranquil and beautiful Normandy countryside. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Manoir Baudriere is professionally cleaned prior to your arrival. You have the building to yourself for the duration of your stay so it is not cleaned during the week. Please bring your your towels and linen.