Guest House / B&B in Beruwala, Western Province, Sri Lanka - Peaceful Location Nestled Among Paddy Fields - Yet 10 Minutes From The Beach By Tuk Tuk
An ideal position to explore the West and South coast within easy reach of Colombo. Our Guest House/ villa is close to the rural village of Kalavila and a few minutes away from Beruwala, Aluthgama and Bentota. Set in beautiful countryside with lovely views across the paddy fields and the jungle beyond the villa is built on three levels to blend into the landscape. The villa has four guest rooms. The balcony/dining area has spectacular views. The upper pool has a seat where you can sit, sip a drink. This pool cascades over into a larger pool where you can enjoy a swim. We have an internationally trained chef and offer lunchtime and evening meals as well as breakfast.We have maintained some traditional features and have an ambalama where you can sit and enjoy a drink or a meal. We have recently added a massage hut where you can relax and enjoy an Ayurvedic massage from our trained masseur. We have our own tuk tuk for short trips to the beaches and local tours and an a/c minibus to take you anywhere you might want to go on the island. We also do airport pick ups any time day or night.
Details for holiday villa Nisalavila , 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, 4 Bathrooms
Boutique 4 bedroom guest house/ B&B (Can sleep up to 11 guests) with two infinity pools, set in lush countryside overlooking paddy fields yet close to the beautiful beaches of Bentota & Beruwala.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful peaceful garden setting
About the Owner
I moved to Sri Lanka from Cornwall,England after spending some time here as a volunteer in 2004 and falling in love with the island. I now live here with my Sri Lankan wife, who is a nurse, and our son. I also teach English in the local area.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a wonderful time at this beautiful villa. The warm pool was footsteps from our own door."
" A little bit of paradise - surrounded by the landscaped gardens with paddy fields and the trees beyond chilling out in (one of two!) pools was bliss"
"Everyone was friendly and helpful and eating there was a sheer delight - the best rice and curry on the island"
"tranquility at its best!"
2 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful peaceful garden setting
We enjoyed the fabulous gardens of the villa which were a lovely haven to return to after being out and about in the crazy SriLankan traffic. The owner, Chris was very friendly and helpful, arranging trips for a river cruise, a visit to a tea plantation , a turtle sanctuary and ( the highlight of the holiday) a ride on the local temple elephant which we would have missed if Chris had not been on the case. The staff were attentive and the breakfasts were particularly good. Man versus Sri Lankan breakfast was a regular sight ( my husband ) though the rest of our party settled for fabulous platters of exotic fruit. All the staff were friendly, but Shan in particular was very attentive, bringing pots of tea before we even asked for them ! The chef took great care to accommodate my food allergies. We did not want to leave !
Greatly enjoyed our stay at Nisalavila. Accurate description of house and facilities, understated if anything. Comfortable rooms, lovely garden, stunning pools and verdant surroundings. Owners and staff all very helpful and friendly. Good choice of food,delightful balcony.
Local lanes and tracks ideal for walking and exploring, with the beach and town near bye for more hedonist activities. Resident tuk tuk and a/c van useful for journeys there and elsewhere.
From the Owner
“I designed and built the villa (not with my own hands) in 2011. I love this area of Sri Lanka and enjoy running in the early morning on the beautiful beach of nearby Bentota or seeing the early morning heat haze rising from the paddy fields below the villa We are right in the countryside surrounded by paddy fields and jungle yet close to several small bustling towns and also within easy reach of Colombo to the North and Hikkaduwa, Galle and other beach resorts to the South.The new Express-way now makes us very accessible from Bandaranaike Airport.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The villa is ideal for bird watching with over fifty different species of bird having been recognised by our visitors. The large natural pond is a particular draw for kingfishers, waders etc.
Within three miles of several beaches including the beautiful beach of Bentota which has several miles of golden sand and is one of the most beautiful beaches in Sri Lanka. It takes about ten/ fifteen minutes to get here by tuk tuk.
Nisalavila is within easy reach of the new highway and about 40 miles from the airport. It takes about an hour on the new highway to reach the airport and less to Colombo or to go to Hikkaduwa or Galle to the South. We have our own A/C minibus available for pick ups from the airport or for other trips.
Nisalavila is an ideal base for local trips and those further afield. Bentota beach 3 miles, Aluthgama two miles, Beruwala two miles.
Local visits include turtle hatchery, a trip on the Madu Ganga, a trip to a tea plantation and waterfall. The Kanda Vihara Temple is within a mile.
In Aluthgama which is the local town there is a very good supermarket, banks, ATM's, railway station etc and an excellent local market on a Monday.
There are several temples close to the villa with the famous Kandavihara temple which has one of the largest sitting Buddha statues in Asia just five minutes tuk tuk ride away.
The Bentota River is very well known for its water sports.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
PLEASE NOTE: The quote shown is based on one double room per night for the number of nights required for your booking.
As Nisalavila is a Guest House / Boutique Villa we charge per room (£49 per room for two people bed & breakfast; £45 for a single person). We now have an apartment with lounge area & SMART T.V. (£60 per night). Daily housekeeping is included in the room rate and there is daily onsite management.
Contact Chris Whetter for more information or to make a booking on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact the owner regarding availability.
We have no specific changeover day and can arrange airport transfers at any time, day or night.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Nisalavila is ideal as a centre where you can enjoy short trips -to the waterfall, Brief gardens, a boat trip on the Madu Ganga river ,a visit to the turtle sanctuary to release baby turtles into the Indian Ocean to name a few. We can also offer trips further afield with our own transport. Then you can return to beautiful tranquil grounds, great homemade food from our internationally trained chef, lovely views from the upstairs dining area and relax in either swimming pool at the end of the day.The local wildlife that visit the garden is a real treat with over 50 varieties of birds spotted by former guests. With just four rooms we offer you a personalised service and are there to enable you to get the most from your holiday.We have recently added a traditional massage hut where you can relax and enjoy Ayurvedic massage from a trained masseur and the views from here are beautiful.”
- Guest House
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning ...
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Television ...
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Outdoor Pool
- children welcome ...
- pets considered
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- All the bathrooms have hot & cold water.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- All bedrooms are en suite with hot water,AC, fan, safe and fridge. Each has a small patio area with coffee table and chairs. The two bedrooms on the lower patio area lead out to the lower pool and both have superking size beds. An extra single bed can be added to one of these rooms. A third bedroom has twin beds (can be a double) & overlooks the garden and paddy field. We have recently added a fourth room - a large family room/ apartment which leads out to the top pool and down towards the ambalama. This room has a SMART TV and is a little more expensive than the other rooms. All the bedrooms have AC & Fan.
- Bicycles ...
- Garden ...
- Included in Price
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Catering available
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: PLEASE NOTE: Each double room is £49 per room per night based on two people sharing. The family room is £60 per night. This price includes a full English/Sri Lankan breakfast. Upstairs there is large open sitting and dining area with fantastic views across the valley. All the rooms have private access, a fridge and a safe for valuables. The two downstairs rooms have a shared area with tea/ coffee making facilities. Outside: Two pools with a shared patio with sun loungers and parasols. The upper (infinity) pool is a smaller pool with a seat where you can sit, sip a drink and look out at the view across the acre of beautiful gardens with banana trees, coconut trees and large natural pond to the paddy fields. The water flows over into a larger pool where you can enjoy a swim or laze in one of the loungers alongside. There is also a table tennis table and traditional Sri Lankan outside eating area(ambalama). The pool is naturally heated, often being cool in the early morning but like a bath by the afternoon.