Cottage in Otley, Ipswich area, Suffolk, England - Luxurious Barn Conversion, Sleeps 6, Three Double En-suite Bedrooms
One bedroom, on the ground floor, overlooks the lawns. It has a super king bed, its own en-suite and dressing room. The second ground floor bedroom has twin beds and an en-suite bathroom. The third bedroom, the Penthouse, is on the first floor. It has a large private terrace/balcony with seating area overlooking the valley. This Suffolk holiday let will surprise you with all it can offer for a very relaxed stay, for small and grown ups! This Holiday let is located in Otley, the "Suffolk Coastal Village of the Year 2012".
About the Owner
My wife and I live in the adjacent cottage and our separate barn conversion has been completed with all home comforts and luxury.
Large comfortable en-suite bedrooms, one with a roof terrace, powerful showers.
The enormous lounge/diner overlooks the 2 acres of lawns.
Big screen FreeSat TV`s, DVD and Internet access.
As ex hoteliers we know what to create to ensure our guest comfort.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Oct 14.Enjoyable stay. Lots to do. Lovely barn, very homely. Children loved playroom and the outside space. Owners most welcoming.
Oct 14. A great holiday in a lovely cottage. Spacious, warm and very well equipped. Thanks for the fine Welcome Pack.
July 14.Super location, Super holiday cottage, never short of things to do with toys room, snooker room and huge garden. Had such a fab time our kids want to stay forever!!
From the Owner
“We like the village location, with an excellent General stores and post office in walking distance. A good pub at the end of the village serving tasty food and a good range of wines and beers. Otley is a very central location for touring the Suffolk Coast and inland towns. There are many quality restaurants in the area within easy reach, and we are happy to pass on our local knowledge of these.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Suffolk is also home to a large number of English Heritage and National Trust Historic sites, like Orford Castle, Framlingham Castle, Leiston Abbey, and Sutton Hoo.
Why not walk along the beautiful beaches of Aldeburgh and Southwold, a delight for children too. Or walk for miles in the countryside, visiting market towns and enjoying home-made meals in award winning local pubs.
Stansted Airport 70 mins by road. Rail at Ipswich and Woodbridge.
A short drive to join the A14 Birmingham or the A12 London.
From magnificent beaches to beautiful unspoilt countryside, fine English Heritage sites and numerous Family Fun Days out for children, Suffolk offers a great variety of attractions for all audience and budgets.
Ipswich 7 miles
Woodbridge 6 miles
Excellent village shop/Post Office
The White Hart Pub for good food, closed Sunday eve and on Monday
Next village is the Moon and Mushroom, excellent - hours as above
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please look at our website
or contact owner.
NO AVAILABILITY FROM EARLY OCTOBER UNTIL APRIL 2017. DATE AND RATE TBA
Preferably Friday but for other start days please ask.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Fireplace ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- The first bedroom has a bathroom with walk-in shower, bath and a dressing room. The second ground floor bedroom has an en suite bathroom. The third bedroom has with en suite bathroom has a large bath and separate walk-in shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 + 1 cot (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The first bedroom is on the ground floor with super king bed and a cot in adjoining small room. The second ground floor bedroom has twin beds The third bedroom, the Penthouse, is on the first floor.
- Balcony ...
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Veranda ...
- 3 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: One well behaved dog is accepted. Outside: Large deck area with garden furniture, sunshade, and gas barbeque. Across the garden is a full size Snooker Table in a separate building. Gym and Playroom, see above. Suffolk, with its miles of coast and beautiful beaches, stunning countryside and villages, National Heritage places and numerous activities for children, is the ideal holiday destination for families. Utility Room: washing machine, tumble drying and ironing facility. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels: One hand and one bath are supplied per person. All beds are made up with fresh linen and Duvets with covers. Kitchen tea towels and a hand towel are supplied. The property is cleaned before your arrival. No maid service. Other: Off the lounge area is a Playroom and Gym, with toys for children, and for the adults modern gym equipment. Across the lawn is a building containing a full size Snooker Table for guests use.A travel cot and high chair are available on request.