Chalet in Le Biot, Morzine, Rhone-Alpes, France - Providing Everything You Need For Your Winter Or Summer Break
Just over an hour's drive from Geneva airport. Nestled in a stunning mountainside location in a tiny hamlet close to Morzine, Chalet des Etoiles is an idyllic luxury chalet providing everything you need from your winter or summer holiday base.
In winter, the expansive ski area of the Portes du Soleil is a short drive away with its 650 km of pistes, outstanding off-piste skiing and numerous snow parks. The Ardent ski lift is 20 minutes away and will take you right into the centre of the ski area that includes the renowned resorts of Avoriaz, Chatel, Morzine, Les Gets, Morgon, Champery and more. Local skiing is also available at St. Jean D'Aulps and L'Abondance.
In the summer, Chalet des Etoiles is the ideal location for all alpine activities with cycle routes, mountain walks and climbing literally on the doorstep. Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty with spectacular views, the southwest facing garden has a large deck and outdoor dining area perfectly suited for barbecues, sunbathing or for you to just relax. Facilities include: 5 bedrooms sleeping 10 adults - all en-suite, Huge loft TV and games room, Hot tub & garden annex for up to 4 additional guests (annex at additional cost).
About the Owner
Hello, we are Fiona and Trevor Brown.
We have 2 daughters, Jessica and Charlie, and a son Greg.
Chalet des Etoiles is a family home as well as a rental property and we treasure every day we spend here.
We will do everything we can to make you welcome and to ensure you enjoy your holiday in this beautiful alpine location.
From the Owner
“We bought Chalet des Etoiles due to our family's love of the mountains and of skiing in particular. The Portes du Soleil ski area is outstanding for all skiing abilities and the summer possibilities are endless.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Walking and Hiking: There are numerous paths and circular walks directly from the chalet. It is also a great base to explore higher mountain routes.
Cycling and Mountain Biking:
Morzine and its surrounding area is a renowned mountain and road biking centre offering riders of all abilities the chance to explore the mountains on two wheels. Chhalet des Etolies is located on a cycle route between Morzine and Chatel and an ideal base from which to explore the area and relax after a hard day's touring.
There are numerous of other amenities close by catering for all requirements, including: Ballooning, Cross Country Skiing, Climbing, Fishing, Golf, Health Centres & Spas, Horse & Husky Sleigh Rides, Horse Riding, Ice Skating, Motorcycle Tours, Nature Reserves, Paint-balling, Parapenting, Pot-holing, Quad Biking, Skiing, Ski Touring, Snow Mobile Riding, Snow Shoeing, Tennis, Tobogganing & Luge, Zip Wires & Go Ape.
Lac de Montriond is the local sunbathing beach. You can swim, fish and relax against the lake’s dramatic mountain backdrop.
The French side of Lake Geneva, with its Mediterranean climate, beaches, and the spa towns of Thonon and Evian, is only 30 minutes away.
There are extensive opportunities for white water rafting, canyoning, canoeing and other means of negotiating the rapids of the Dranse River.
A car is recommended.
Geneva Airport (60 km) is a little over an hour away. Calais is 540 miles.
The chalet is situated 50 meters from the D32, on the local village bus route, and is therefore always kept clear of snow.
Car hire from Geneva airport is a cost effective and offers great flexibility in avoiding bottlenecks at ski lifts in the morning.
Le Biot (bakery, ski hire, cafe bar & restaurant, essential provisions) is a 5-minute drive.
Saint Jean D'Aulps (bank, bakeries, butchers, pharmacy, restaurants, supermarket, sports shop, ski hire, tourism office, nearest skiing) is a 10-minute drive.
Morzine (Every normal amenity including medical) is a 20-minute drive.
Les Gets (every normal amenity including medical) is a 25-minute drive.
The medieval centres of 700 year old Yvoire, and Annecy with its stunning lake as well as the historic towns of Montreaux and Evian are all within an hours drive.
Chamonix at the foot of Mont Blanc is also only an hours drive away where ther world's highest cable car ride takes you to some of the most spectacular views and a funicular railway takes you over the Mer de Glace, an incredible glacier.
The beautiful Italian Aosta Valley is also in reach via the Mont Blanc tunnel.
Vineyards are in abundance beside Lake Geneva and there are many sights right on the doorstep such as the Devil's Gorge at Le Jotty, the old abbey ruins at St-Jean-d'Aulps, the well-preserved abbey at Abondance, the goats village at Lindaret, museums, chateaux, cheese dairies, slate mines and more.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 10 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£400|
Bookings are secured by returning a booking form and 30% deposit. Payment in full is required 12 weeks prior to scheduled arrival. Refundable damage deposit of £400 is required.
Changeover is normally on Sunday but may be adjusted by prior arrangement.
Check-in is normally after 16:00 and check-out is before 10:00 but we will try and accommodate particular wishes as best we can.
Notes on prices:
Prices are weekly rental rates for the main chalet based on occupancy of up to 10 people sharing. Linen and towels are charged at Euro 15 per person per week.
Daily rate = £60 ppm.
Prices on request for the Garden Annex.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We enjoy the tranquillity, beauty and sheer power of the mountains in both summer and winter. Chalet des Etoiles is our base from which we can explore the thrills of the Porte du Soleil ski and adventure area, the nightlife of Morzine, the Lake at Montiond and the beaches of Lake Geneva, whilst being able to get away from it all.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Fireplace ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Table Football
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Sauna ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- water skiing
- whitewater rafting
- En-Suite: Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- En-Suite: Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-Suite: Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-Suite: Shower room 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite: Shower room 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Shower is located next to Steam Room
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Each bedroom has its own en-suite shower or bath & WC. Ground floor shower room, WC & basin.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, En-suite bath with incorporated shower
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, En-suite shower
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, En-suite shower
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed, En-suite shower
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Large Double Bed, En-suite shower
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon, Sofa bed sleeps 2. Not included in headline price.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Main Chalet Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) & Garden Annex Sleeps 4 (1 Bedroom & 1 Sofa Bed) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Double bed, en-suite shower & WC. Bedroom 2 - Double bed, en-suite shower & WC. Bedroom 3 - Twin beds, en-suite shower & WC. Bedroom 4 - Double bed, en-suite shower & WC. Bedroom 5 - Double bed, en-suite, bath with integral shower & WC. Bedroom 6 - Double bed, en-suite bath with integral shower & WC
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Linen Pack: Bed Linen, Bath Sheets, Hand Towels & Bath Mats can be provided on request (£12.50 per person per week). Cleaning: We can organise for the chalet to be cleaned during your stay (additional charges apply). Other: Boot Room - Spacious room for overnight ski equipment, coats etc. Utility/Room Room - Washing machine, dryer, clothes line, ironing board, iron, hoover and brushes etc. The Garden Annex is not included in the headline price which includes the Main Chalet only to sleep up to 10 persons. Prices on request to include the Annex or to rent the Annex on its own.