Manor House in Fouquebrune, Nr. Angouleme, Charente, Poitou-Charentes, France - Peaceful Rural Location
This tasteful Manor House is situated in the peaceful hamlet of Fouquebrune, about 18km south of Angoulême, close to the Dordogne border. The property lies in the wine-growing region around the town of Cognac (55km to the north-west) and is within easy reach of the other wine-growing regions of St Emilion, 80km to the south-west, and Bergerac, 80km to the south-east. The fine beaches of Royan – St Palais sur Mer and St George de Didonne, are about 110km to the west. Accommodation is on two floors and provides 6 bedrooms with altogether 2 double beds, 1 set of twin beds and 5 single beds, plus a folding spare bed and two cots. There are 3 bathrooms providing one bath and two showers, and three WCs. On the ground floor a very tasteful sitting room, a large living room and a well-fitted kitchen open to 2 hectares (5 acres) of grounds, including well-tended gardens and lawns, ideal for children’s leisure pursuits. The kitchen door opens onto a patio with a little ‘tivoli’ (mobile tent or gazebo) with tables and chairs seating 11 – a most delightful place to eat during the summer season. The fine 12m x 6m pool, depth 1m50, is set in a beautiful paved terrace and lawn, the whole precinct being fenced and attractively planted as a secluded pool garden, at the end of which is a pool house with changing room and shaded seating. Nearby facilities include a restaurant at Chadurie (3km) and shops and other facilities at 8km (Mouthiers) and at 12km (Montmoreau and Villebois). Golf, cycle hire and the local railway station are in Angoulême at 18km, with riding at 11km. This is a welcoming family home and an excellent holiday base.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
110km to the fabulous west coast beaches of Royan.
Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport 130km - approx 1½ hrs drive
Poitiers Airport 130km - approx 1½ hrs drive
La Rochelle Airport 170km - approx 2hrs drive
Calais 750km - approx 7 hrs drive
Le Havre 500km - approx 4¾ hrs drive
Royan (coast) 110km
Bergerac (Dordogne) 96km
Bordeaux 112km (1½ hrs drive)
La Rochelle 168km (2 hrs)
Horseriding from several locations close by.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please note that all bookings and contracts for this property are handled by Martin Sturge of Holiday in France in Bath, who has had over 30 years experience of letting houses in France.
Changeover Day is normally on a Saturday, but other days may be possible outside high season and by negotiation. Rentals normally run from 4pm on day of arrival, vacating normally by 10am on day of departure.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- chateau / country house
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground Floor - WC First Floor - Bathroom with Bath First Floor - Separate Shower First Floor - En suite to Bedroom 6 with Shower & WC First Floor - WC
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Double Bed Bedroom 2 - Single Bed Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Beds Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Beds Bedroom 5 - Twin Beds Bedroom 6 - Double Bed with En suite shower & WC
- Golf ...
- Outside: Extensive Grounds, Garden, Shade, 12m x 6m pool with Patio and Garden Furniture & Pool House. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen available on request (payable in cash locally). Cost is €130 (bed linen and house towels). NB swimming towels NOT included. NB: there is a mandatory END-OF-STAY CLEANING CHARGE of €80, payable locally.