Barn in Fairlight, Nr. Hastings and Rye, Sussex, England - Peaceful Location 5 Minutes Drive From The Beach
Shepherds Cottage is a lovely 18 century single story barn which has just been transformed into a romantic hideaway. It sits in a courtyard setting that is part of working stables. We are located on the fringe of the village which has two pubs that both serve food, and are within walking distance. The village has a farm shop, butcher and post office.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a wonderful time, beautiful cottage, very relaxing. Refreshing walks in the countryside. Lovely homemade bread waiting for us when we returned.(thank you.) Joey and Marc are very friendly and welcoming, we would
definitely recommend to our family and friends."
Janine and Andy, March 2014
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Open gardens such as Great Dixter, Sissinghurst, Sarah Raven and Pashley Manor. Spring/summer Open Gardens in local area (National Garden Scheme).
Bird watching on Pett Level sanctuary and Rye Nature Reserve.
Wine tours such as Carr Taylor, Chapel Down and Sedlescombe
Beach 1 mile away with fossil remains
1066 walking country, South/north downs AONB
Historic cinque ports towns of Hastings Winchelsea and Rye
Horse holidays can be catered for at our livery stables.
Incredible fireworks pageants in October and November
Pett Level 5 mins drive.
Winchelsea beach 12 mins drive
Camber Sands 35 mins drive (nominated as one of England's most beautiful beaches).
Gatwick nearest airport.
Dover ferry port/Ashford International Station 40 mins drive.
Edge of Pett village. Historic fishing port Hasting 3 miles; traditional fish & chips, Jerwood Gallery, numerous restaurants, and plenty of independent shops. Winchelsea, 5 miles and Rye, 8 miles, have lots of interesting things to do including wine cellars tours, Rye scallop festival and open gardens.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner.
No smoking. No pets
Normally Saturday but can be flexible. Check out 10.00 am, check in 3.00 pm
Notes on prices:
Please enquire for 2015, and for short breaks.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suit bathroom, wc, power shower and heated towel rail
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: One bedroom with double bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: A brand new conversion with oak floors, underfloor heating, and new fittings throughout. Outside: Enclosed garden, outdoor table, chairs, parasol and barbecue. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels, hand towels, flannels, bathmat and bed linen provided. Bed linen, towels and cottage cleaned before arrival. Other: Pretty bedroom with original oak beams. Hair dryer and extra blanket provided.