House in Newton Ferrers, South Devon, England Near the Harbour, Village & Coastal Walking, Use Of Indoor Swimming Pool
Colonial villa overlooking the harbour in the picturesque village of Newton Ferrers in the South Hams Devon (an undiscovered gem between Salcombe and Plymouth on the south coast) Fanatsic water views from all rooms with an amazing south facing verandah you will not want to leave. Wifi throughout. Large living room for entertaining in with open fire. Large kitchen and conservatory. Use of private shared heated swimming pool. South facing beautiful garden and patio to relax in or play games in. Ideally located you can walk to the harbour, wonderful pubs and quaint shops selling all you need. Located on the coastal footpath and close to wonderful beaches, sailing, riding or visit Dartmoor or National Trust properties. This property is ideal for large families or friends getting together to celebrate. Quiet but with everything on your doorstep.It is all there to be enjoyed.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We have spent the last 18 years holidaying in Newton Ferrers and hope to move down a live here eventually as it is such a beautiful area of the country. Our children have enjoyed crabbing, swimming and sailing in the village. We have enjoyed the pubs, great walks and beaches and the slightly slower pace of life. We visit whenever we can there is always plenty of things happening in the village, ragatta to craft fairs. Our children like to catch the local bus into Plymouth for shopping or visit the harbour or national maritime museum.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a wonderful stay here and just did not want to leave the beautiful view and that is saying something as we are from New Zealand "
"Everything is so convenient, from walking to beaches and an great pub food. The house was very spacious and light "
"Thank you for everything it was an amazing place to celebrate my birthday, we cannot wait to come back again ......"
5 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
Great ,Amazing , Stunning Views
We had such a great experience and loved our weekend break. Wished we could stayed a bit longer .
Definitely coming back next time 5 stars
Brilliant Holiday at Bright Waters Meet!
We were a large group of friends meeting up, and we found that Bright Waters Meet met all our needs and more! It was comfortable, well equipped, lots of space for little ones to play and well connected in terms of getting to some lovely places. It felt very homely and it was so lovely to sit out on the decking and enjoy the February sunshine in the bay. Relaxing, refreshing and enjoyable, we would recommend this holiday home to anyone!
EXCELLENT HOLIDAY LOCATION IN ALL RESPECTS
SUPERB RIVER VIEW, WELL EQUIPPED, LOVELY HOUSE AND VERY COMFORTABLE BEDS. SHORT WALK TO THE LITTLE HARBOUR AND FERRY.
EASY ACCESS TO NATIONAL TRUST PROPERTIES AND THE CITY OF PLYMOUTH. THE PROPERTY WAS CLEAN AND WELL MAINTAINED AND THE OWNER PROVIDED AN EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE WE WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY TO ANYONE WHO REQUIRES A CAREFREE HOLIDAY
Had a great few days here mostly because of the view, weather and comfortable house. The architecture and mood of the village is amazing and interesting. It's a great place to escape for a few days to retreat after uni. Mothercombe beach is also now one of my favourite beaches.
Such an amazing house, place, stay week
We were so blessed with this house for February Half Term - there was quite a big group of us, and the size off the house made it very comfortable with 10 of us being there. It was particularly lovely being able to sit out on the Verandah in February eating a roast dinner in the sun! The view means you could just sit at home all day and just watch what is going on in the harbor - also beautiful walks right from the house. highly recommend staying here,
From the Owner
“We just fell in love with Newton Ferrers We cannot wait to move down here permanently I miss the sea air and fantastic view”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Private shared heated indoor swimming pool is loa tend 5 minutes drive away
Sailing is available in the village from Newton Ferrers yacht club also motor boat cruise up the rive or to Plymouth
Horse riding stables located in the village where you can arrange beach or coastal hacks.
Noss Mayo (10 minutes walk if tide out 5 minutes drive ) has tennis courts and an amazing children's playground.
You are on the coastal footpath for amazing walking and also woodland walking or venture further afield to Dartmoor
There are many National Trust properties with Saltram ( Sense and Sensibility) being only 20 minutes drive away
Plymouth with the National Aquarium, Docks etc is less than 30 minutes away and Multiscreen cinema only 20 minutes at the Barbican
Pop to Cornwall it is only 25 minutes away over the Tamar
I minute walk away is Newton Ferrers harbour where you can go crabbing and the locals swim.
Cellar beach you can get a ride to from the ferry man. He will also give you a lift across the estuary to walk to the National trust Wembury beach which as a good tea shop and is about a mile to walk there
10 minutes drive away is Stoke Beach, Mothercombe and Warren Cove and National trust car park. Bigbury is 30 minutes away
Under 2 hours from Bristol down the M5 and A38 all motorway or dual carriage way apart from the last 15 minutes
Detailed instructions will be sent on booking
It is all on your doorstep
Pubs,beaches, shops,coastal walking, national trust,
Lots of information is all in our holiday folder at the property
Just ask me for any information you need absurd will try and help
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
7 Nov 2016 - 20 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
CHRISTMAS &NEW YEAR
21 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please email us or phone 07970746343 to reserve the beautiful holiday property
We take a 25% deposit and the remainder is paid 8 weeks prior to arrival
We also request a £200 security deposit cheque which is returned to you after your stay
An extra charge is made for pets by special arrangements and a small extra charge is made for heating during the colder months
We are usually a Friday to Friday let but will take short breaks and try to be as flexible as possible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are based on 8 people sharing there may be a small reduction if there are less people
We charge an extra £25 for dogs and this is only by special arrangement and also a small extra charge for heating in October to May
All linen T towels cleaning, swimming pool is included. Bath towels are not included but can be ordered at a cost of £3 each to covet the laundry charge
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Relaxing relaxing relaxing .... Everything is so convenient The problem is you will not want to go home”
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Family bathroom with toilet, bath with shower, sink. Ensuite bathroom which can also be used as a main bathroom with bath, separate shower, sink and toilet, Downstairs toilet and washbasin
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, this is a small twin room
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed can have ensuite bathroom, Bedroom 2 kingsize bed, Bedroom 3 with 2 twin beds that can be zipped to large double, bedroom 4 twin beds, Bedroom 5 twin beds ( bed1 & 5 & bathroom can form separate suite if required)
- Boat ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Veranda ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Notes on accommodation: All very comfortable aimed at providing a great holidays or large family or with friends Note all the bedrooms are large except bedroom 5 and there is a good single camp bed with separate mattress that can be pug in any room Bedroom 2 also has a single sofa bed and the sitting room has a double sofa bed Outside: South facing colonial verandah ideal for entertaining on with views over the harbour. Separate south facing patio with barbecue slap. Tables and chairs provide for seating 12 Lovely south facing garden with palms and views over the water Top flat lawn for games on on. The garden is terraced so there is plenty of places to escape from everyone and find your own quiet space and think you are in the middle of nowhere but still minutes walk from the pub, shops, harbour, water and coastal footpath Utility Room: With washing machine and second fridge Hot water tank cupboard for drying Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning and bed linen, tea towels bath mats etc are include Bath towels are not included but can be ordered separately The property is cleaned before and after your stay If you require further cleaning this can be arranged at extra charge Other: Sunny conservatory which gets the morning sun and opens on to the garden Hall way with plenty of room to hang all your coats