Apartment in Benalmadena Costa, Costa del Sol, Spain - Quiet Location Within Easy Reach Of The Beach
Apartment In Benalmadena Costa, Costa Del Sol, Spain. Air-Conditioned With Communal Pools. Quiet Location Within Easy Reach Of The Beach And Amenities. Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms).
About the Owner
About Mr Omar BARKA
Retired Swedish dentist.Have worked 15 years as dentist in Ashford,Kent.Moved back to Sweden after retirement. I have a son (dentist too) and a grandson in Sweden which was the reason of my moving back.
Speak 5 languages (Spanish,French) and will add Italian soon as I am studying it just now.
I needed to speak Spanish before buying a flat there,so I went to Granada(2 weeks) and Malaga(4 weeks) to follow some courses for improving my Spanish.I feel really confident speaking Spanish now.
Mr Omar BARKA purchased this apartment in 2014
Why Mr Omar BARKA chose Benalmadena
I decided to buy a property in Spain so I could be there in winter time as Sweden is very cold and boring at this time of the year.I wish to be in Sweden in the summer and in Spain in the winter.
The property is just 5 minutes walk from the beach.The garden with its 3 beautiful swimmings pools is just superbe.
What makes this apartment unique
The climat is very pleasant in winter time compare to the one in Sweden.It's the main reason of my staying at the property in Winter.
Benalmadena is close to Malaga which I love.I have been there(Malaga) 4 weeks last year to follow a Spanish course and it is just a marvellous city.It is very Close to Malaga Airport,a 15 minutes drive away.
The Puerto Marina,in Benalmadena, which is only 5 minutes by bus is just splendid. You really don't need to go to Malaga to have a good time.You will have it at Benalmadena for sure. There is a lot of places to visit.Just go on the internet and inquire about Benalmadena.
From the Owner
“I decided to buy a property in Spain so I could be there in winter time as Sweden is very cold and boring at this time of the year.I wish to be in Sweden in the summer and in Spain in the winter. The property is just 5 minutes walk from the beach.The garden with its 3 beautiful swimmings pools is just superbe.”
Activity and Interests
Very close to the Benalmadena beaches. The nearest beach is just across the main road and down some steps. This beach is secluded from the main road and has two beach bars and sun lounger/parasol hire facilities. At one end of the beach there is a 50m jetty popular for fishing. All Benalmadena beaches are 'Blue Flag' certified and such facilities as novelty boat rides, jet skiing, paragliding, pedalos, etc are available. Civil Protection personnel constantly patrol the beaches
Malaga Airport is 16 km away. Taxi from the airport to the apartments costs +/- 35 euros for a maximum of 4 passengers. There are other options available for getting from the airport to the apartment and these will be sent to guests. Car hire is plentiful but not essential as many amenities are close by and public transport is cheap. Bus stops with buses west to Fuengirola, Mijas and Marbella and east to Torremolinos and Malaga are close by. The nearest taxi rank is 5 minutes walk away.
There are many places of interest to visit in Andalucia. There is an office where excursions can be booked 10 minutes walk away. Excursions available include Gibraltar, Ronda, The Lakes and Antequera, Cordoba and 1/3/5 day trips to Morocco. The new high speed train (300 km/hr) from Malaga to Madrid is easily accessible gaining access to the centre of Madrid in just 2.75 hours.
Benalmadena is a popular coastal tourist resort. There are numerous bars, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. The nearest supermarket is just 3 minutes walk away as is the Casino in the opposite direction. There are many interesting things do do around the area. To familiarise yourself with the area there is an open-top bus tour available; tickets are valid for 24 hours. Tivoli amusement park is fairly close +/- 7 euros for a taxi for 4 people. There is a cable car going to the top of the mountain backing the resort. At the top there are displays of birds of prey and on a clear day you can view the Atlas Mountains in North Africa. Just 20/25 minutes walk away is Paloma Park with chickens, ducks, rabbits and peacocks running wild. In the park is a lake with fish, terrapins, swans, etc. There are children's play facilities, a large cacti garden and bars. Dog are strictly controlled in the park area. In Torremolinos there is a water theme park. Aqualand, access by local bus or taxi. Benalmadena Marina is 30 minutes walk. There are numerous shops, bars and restaurants. Boat trips are also available. The city of Malaga is accessible by local bus or train. It is famous as the birthplace of the artist Pablo Picasso and you are able to visit his birthplace and the Picasso museum. In Malaga there is also a cathedral, castle and large shopping centre. In the other direction, the next resort of Fuengirola has a very good zoo. The typical Spanish village of Mijas, nestled into the side of a mountain, is a popular place for tourists to visit and also has a small British run chocolate factory! Mijas offers spectacular views of the whole of the western Costa del Sol. On a clear day you are able to see the Rock of Gibraltar, some 100 km away. Further down the coast, in a westerly direction,there is a safari park near the town of Estepona. Buses run daily from Benalmadena.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
First check availability by clicking on 'CHECK AVAILABILITY' button. This will take you to a calendar showing when the apartment is free/booked. If you wish to make a booking a deposit of 20% will be required to be paid into a UK bank account. You will be allowed 2 weeks to pay this deposit. The balance is payable to the same bank account one month before the start of your holiday. In addition there is a refundable security deposit of £100 to cover any major damages.
Changeover days are flexible but please note if outgoing and incoming guests depart/arrive the same day we have to insist departures are by 10am and arrivals after 4pm. This is for the cleaning and laundry to take place.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in Pounds Sterling. Discount given for long winter lets.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The climat is very pleasant in winter time compare to the one in Sweden.It's the main reason of my staying at the property in Winter. Benalmadena is close to Malaga which I love.I have been there(Malaga) 4 weeks last year to follow a Spanish course and it is just a marvellous city.It is very Close to Malaga Airport,a 15 minutes drive away. The Puerto Marina,in Benalmadena, which is only 5 minutes by bus is just splendid. You really don't need to go to Malaga to have a good time.You will have it at Benalmadena for sure. There is a lot of places to visit.Just go on the internet and inquire about Benalmadena.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 has 2 separate wash basins, bath/shower over, toilet and bidet. A second bathroom with access from the lounge area also has wash basin, bath/shower over, toilet and bidet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has 2 twin beds, fitted wardrobes and en-suite bathroom plus bedroom furnishings. Doors open onto the terrace area. Bedroom 2 has 2 twin beds, fitted wardrobes plus bedroom furnishings. Both have air-conditioning vents and ceiling fans
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is air-conditioned which can be switched over to heating in the winter.Cooling fans are also fitted in the lounge and bedrooms.The apartment has higher than normal ceilings which make it very light and airy.Located on the first floor it has easy access up 2 flights of stairs although there are 3 lifts serving the building.On entering the building there is a reception area which is manned during the busy periods.Security staff patrol the inside and outside areas.For small children,a cot,buggy and high chair can be hired for a small rental charge. Outside: There are 3 swimming pools. 2 of them have depths ranging from 1.2 to 2.4m, the third is a children's pool of 0.5m depth. The pools are open during the summer months from 11am to 8pm. There is a qualified lifeguard on duty when the pools are open. Sun lounger beds are available for hire around the pool; 2013 cost is 1 euro per bed per day. The pools are set in well maintained attractive gardens with numerous flower beds and a pond stocked with fish. Passes are required to gain access to the pool area; 6 passes have been allocated to the apartment. In the pool area there is a small thatched roof bar surrounded by tables, chairs and parasols. It is open from mid June to mid September serving hot and cold snack meals and a full range of drinks. There is ample car parking outside the building. All places are unreserved so guests hiring a car will be able to find a space for overnight parking. Waste bins, including facilities for recyclable waste, are also located in the car park. Utility Room: There is a small utility cupboard for storage of cleaning equipment, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are provided although guests are asked to bring beach towels. The property will be cleaned before guests arrive, the cost of cleaning is included in the rental price. Spare bed linen is available. There is no maid service. Other: The lounge has double sliding doors leading to a large open air terrace equipped with patio table and chairs and two sun loungers. There is also a collapsible clothes drying frame.