Birch Cottage in Falmouth, near Beaches,Golf Course and Falmouth,s Foodie Heaven! Cornwall - Quite Rural Location - 2 Mins Drive To Beach, Falmouth Town 3 Mins Drive
This tranquil location, adjacent to Falmouth Golf Course and with easy, direct access to the beaches and the coastal footpath, is a destination in its own right but is also the ideal base from which to explore all the many and varied attractions of this beautiful part of Cornwall.
Every type of watersport is locally available.
Falmouth has many, many restaurants, bars and eateries ! We even have a Rick Stein Chippy on the Events Square where you will also find the National Marime Museum.
There are several ferries that will take you to Truro, St. Mawes , and the famous Helford River.
On a balmy summer evening take a stroll to the Seafront of Falmouth then return to your private decked patio where we have evening sun , maybe BBQ some fresh fish too!
About the Owner
Jan and Leigh Heppell. 10 Years providing self catering property's. We only let accommodation of the highest standards.
Every enquiry or booking receives our personal attention.
We are a husband and wife team with a small number of properties.
We offer superb customer care.
Guestbook comments from the manager
The Stroo Family :The fabulously clean beaches at Swanpool and Maenporth are nearby as too are a host of smaller coves. Just a few miles away is the town of Falmouth with its great choice of shops, cafés, restaurants, bars and visitor attractions, including the magnificent Pendennis Castle (with its sister across the harbour at St. Mawes) and the excellent National Maritime Museum. Also close by is the scenic and tranquil Helford River with endless opportunities to relax both on and off the water. Thankyou! an amazing stay in a great place!
Thank you Jan for a lovely week. The House was very clean, comfortable, well equipped and an excellent location for exploring cornwall, would certainly recommend Birch to any one looking for somewhere to stay in Falmouth.
Paul, Susan and family.
Everything was great, thank you!
The country views from the House were just lovely, didn't want to leave.
Thanks for all your help. Cheers, Natalie
From the Owner
“Close to Beach and Golf Club - Falmouth just 3 mins by car.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Walking holidays are suitable here due to the easy access onto the coastal footpath. The South West Coast Path leads in either direction from Birch and you can do many circular walks by coming back in land or by local Bus.
Swanpool beach , our nearest beach offers all water sports and has classes for holidaying children. It also has a beach cafe and a fantastic, mainly fish, restaurant where you can eat outside or under the canopy enjoying the Sea views and the activities going on there.
The lake at Swanpool is an Area of Natural Beauty, therefore the wildlife are protected. We also have a Crazy Golf Course there. During the day you will see lots of families feeding the many birds that live on the lake and on most Sundays you can see our Model Boat Club demonstrating their craft.
Sailing courses are offered in Falmouth Sailing Club or Mylor Sailing School, a week on the water around here would be fantastic!
The nearest Beach is Swanpool, its a 2 minute drive, Maenporth beach is a 4 minute drive. Also the main beaches of Falmouth are within a 5 minute drive. The largest beach is Gyllyngvase where we have Life guards, Kayak hire and a fantastic Cafe . Behind the Beach are Public Gardens with sub-tropical plants and many seating areas. These are very attractive and worth a walk through or take a picnic to enjoy.
The Seafront is a long promenade where you can have a gentle stroll to the Castle.
The nearest airport is Newquay , a 45 minute drive and flies to London , Birmingham, Ireland, Edinburgh, Manchester and a selection of European destinations.
We do recommend a car as there are many lovely places to visit , off the beaten track, that buses cannot access.
Falmouth does have 3 railway stations which link to Truro so you could hire a car locally and use the train from your home.
Falmouth town centre is 2 miles, Trebah Garden , a famous sub-tropical valley garden is just a 10 minute drive from Birch. The World renowned Eden project is 40 minutes drive away. Our capital city of Truro is 10 miles drive , but really everything in Cornwall is not very far, the North to South Coasts are only 13 miles apart!
Within 3 miles there are the following Supermarkets: Asda, Tesco, Lidl, Sainsburys, plus Falmouth Town Centre has many individual food/ Deli shops, a huge range of top quality Restaurants and all Major Banks are present. We have many Galleries and individual shops rather than the ' usual' chain stores. The Main Street and the High Street are one-way to Traffic and there is parking in the centre or use our Park and Ride scheme where we even have a park and Float which will take you through the Harbour to the Centre.
There are take-aways from all Nationalities and many will deliver to Birch for free if you fancy a night in and no cooking!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 20% deposit is required on booking, the balance is due 6 weeks before and the changeover day is Saturday, out of season we are flexible and can offer short breaks, minimum of 3 nights, prices on application.
Saturdays in season, may be flexible otherwise
Notes on prices:
Prices are shown as "from" - Please visit Owners website to see up to date prices and availability.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Convenient for: Private - Beaches - Coastal Footpath - Golf Club - Private off road parking. Central heating and free WiFi included.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Games
- Video Library
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- The master bedroom is complete with an en-suite double shower, wc and wash basin. Also on the first floor is the family bathroom with bath, shower over, wc and wash basin. There is also a wc and wash basin on the ground floor. All are roomy and stylish.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) plus a cot if needed. Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom, a double bed, plus an en-suite shower / and WC - Country views. Second Double Bedroom , under bed storage - Country views. Twin bedroom - front entrance views, with 2 singles, wardrobe and dressing table.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Please note prices are from stated price, this will be our lowest price week, please visit owners website for more information. This property is superb, it offers roomy, comfy accommodation and is central to all Falmouth beaches, Falmouth Golf Club is adjacent and there is a private foot path crossing the course to which Birch has a gate key. Nearby is Swanpool Beach and Maenporth Beach, both have cafes, fantastic restaurants and activities for all of the family. The coastal footpath is also nearby and you can walk many miles with beautiful views. A family of 6 will be very comfortable here, dogs are welcome on the ground floor only and walks are various and from your door. Outside: On arriving at Pennance Barns there is a large car park area, from there we have a footpath to the front door , its only a few meters so not far to carry your luggage. To the rear we have a large private decked patio with glass table, 5 chairs, Weber BBQ, also a side gate to parking area. Countryside views from the patio , its very quiet and private, perfect for outside dining. Occasionally the fields will be full of sheep which are fascinating to watch. Cleaning / / Linen / Property is cleaned before and after every booking so its always pristine. The linen is supplied, all beds are made so you can just settle in without any work!We also supply , bath mats and tea towels. Other: Patio doors lead to private decked patio where there is a glass table, 6 chairs, Weber BBQ and countryside field views. There is also a parasol if its too hot! there is a side gate leading to the footpath to your vehicle parking area.Walks from the door.