house in Whitstable, Kent, England - 10 Mins Walk To Tankerton Or Whitstable Beach/5 Mins To Whitstable Station/10 To High St. Or £3 Cab
Bluecat house is a spacious 4 bedroom detached home on a hill about a mile from and overlooking the sea at whitstable, it is furnished in a relaxed eclectic style and makes a great base to explore whitstable, Canterbury and the lovely kent countryside.
Top Traveller Review
Home away from home
About the Owner
2 holidaymaker reviews
Home away from home
I stayed at Blue Cat with 3 work collegues while working in Seasalter for two days. The house was perfect for our needs. Being 4 adults who all needed separate bedrooms, finding a suitable house was difficult but Blue Cat was ideal. A short walk from the town in a quite residential location, Blue Cat is a very beautiful family home that is equipped with everything you will need plus a very friendly cat to keep you company! Matt was friendly and helpful and even waited while I was nearly an hour late having got a bit lost on my way to Whitstable! Thanks for a lovely stay Matt!
Gorgeous character-full house,great for 2 families
Just returned from a wonderful stay at Blue Cat House in Whitstable. It was perfectly set up for 2 families of 4, with the most comfortable beds I've stayed in at a holiday let. The House was an easy walk to the beach & town, and perfectly situated for other stuff near by. We had total house envy spending time at this place, it was full of interesting stuff and very well equipped - the photos really don't do it justice. A total bonus to have the cat to make us at home too. Matt and Mary were super welcoming and helpful. Would definitely come again.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Whitstable is popular with windsurfers, kite-surfers and sailors as well as walkers and bird-watchers as well as being a popular gastro destination.
Whitstable and Tankerton beaches are both 8-10 minutes walk from the house, both are pebbly with good swimming at high tide. Both beaches are privately owned which allows you to light barbecues on the beach and have small fires.
Driving from london takes an hour upwards depending on your start point and traffic, the house is approximately 10 mins off the A299.
The train service to whitstable is good with trains from 3 london stations stopping here, victoria, london bridge and the high speed from St.Pancras, the fastest journey from london is 1hr 15mins
Gatwick airport is around 1hr 30 mins away.
Dover and folkestone ferry ports are both around 45 mins away
Canterbury is 7 miles away(15 mins drive), faversham is a market town around 20 mins away by car and is the next stop on the train. Margate, Ramsgate and broadstairs are approx 20 mins away on the train - all three have good restaurants and of course the turner gallery in margate, there are some good places to visit on the way along the coast also.
Whitstable is famous for its long association with locally caught seafood and in particular oysters, it has one of very few remaining working harbours with a small fleet of fishing boats, that catch fish daily for sale in the harbour fish market.
Many of the towns very good restaurants serve excellent fish dishes, but also cater for meat fans and vegetarians.
The countryside nearby is great for walking and cycling with very little to interrupt you between Whitstable and Canterbury except woodland - there is a great ride which takes you to canterbury on the Crab and Winkle Way - once upon a time the railway line which took fish and oysters to london for sale at market, now set up for walkers and riders to enjoy themselves free from the hassle of traffic. The high street has pretty much all you could possibly need with a great array of butchers,greengrocers and bakers
- Booking Notes:
Contact Matt to check availability and price and once all is agreed he will send a letter of confirmation with all the details of the booking - a deposit is required to secure the booking and the balance is due 8 weeks before the booking commences.
The deposit for your stay is payable upon confirmation and the balance due 8 weeks before the booking commences. If you cancel before the balance payment is due, deposit will be refunded minus £100 handling fee, after 8 weeks all monies are forfeit
Weekend bookings commence on Friday at 4pm and check-out is at 11am on Sunday morning.
longer bookings may begin on other days by arrangement.
Notes on prices:
The house sleeps up to 9 but can also be rented by smaller groups - please enquire with Matt for confirmation of pricing.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Family bathroom with WC basin and shower over Bath En suite to bedroom 2 has WC Basin and bath
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - super king iron bed Bedroom 2 - King-size sleigh bed and en suite Bedroom 3 - King-size bed Bedroom 4 - double bed and sea views All beds fitted with mattress toppers for comfort and have good quality down duvets
- Golf ...
- Outside: The Garden is mostly laid to lawn but with beautiful borders(no ball games I'm afraid - there is plenty of parkspace nearby + the beach of course), there is a large outside table under an arbour covered in grapevine which seats ten, a second table on the raised decking next to the house which sets 6 and various other places to sit around the garden. There is a weber gas barbecue making outside cooking easy on sunny days. Utility Room: The larder/utility has a washing machine, tumble dryer, wine fridge, microwave and a further fridge freezer and also a second sink and drainer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are supplied at an extra charge (£10 per room) A cleaner can be arranged for bookings over a week. Other: The Dining room is a part of the kitchen and has a long refectory table which seats unto ten with distant views over the sea, there is a 60's swinging chair in the corner of the room.