Blue Lagoon, situated in "The Garden", one of the most exclusive areas of the prestigious west coast. Private and quiet, yet only five minutes walk from beach bars and the Lone Star Restaurant (one of the Island's most popular). Minutes away from Holetown and its lively shops and bars, and close to the Islands golf courses.
The Villa is a traditional Bajan beachfront house, quaint in style with the most unbelievable views across the beach and the Caribbean, creating your own personal piece of paradise.
Drive through the gates, walk through the fabulously imposing double height front door and you arrive at Blue Lagoon, Barbados, your private bit of paradise, just metres in front of you are the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. On arrival we were met by 3 lovely people who for our whole stay couldn't do enough for us, Gleniss the Housekeeper and Ingrid & Terry who also work at the property, they were all brilliant, we were extremely well looked after! We firstly walked out onto the decking, it was amazing, it overhangs the sea it is that close and very private with steps leading down to what feels like your own little bit of beach. We then had a stroll around the property that we were going to call home for the next 10 days, the present owners have totally refurbished it and the quality of the furnishings is exquisite, they have done it beautifully! Fairly tired after the journey we sat down on the decking, rum punch in hand and the smell of freshly cooked fish with Bajan seasoning and Gleniss' fantastic Macaroni pie, what more could you want...
As well as a wonderful place to stay we found Blue Lagoon a great platform from which to adventure around the Island, it's just North of Holetown making it the perfect location to head north or south up the Caribbean coast or to head inland eventually after many hills (as we found out riding our bikes!) to the rather more rugged feeling and spectacular looking Atlantic Coast.
During the days we relaxed on the decking and beach at the house, strolling to the beach bar nearby for cocktails and headed to a few of the sites to see. We would recommend St Nicholas Abbey, an old plantation house where they now make and sell their own rum We spent a day on a Catamaran seeing the reefs and turtles and would definitely recommend this as well as Sunday Jazz lunch at Lobster Alive in Bridgetown which is good fun. Also for those who like to shop, Lime Grove shopping mall is a 10 minute drive away.
In the evenings when we dragged ourselves off the decking away from the sight of the sun setting over the Caribbean we were never short of a place to eat, we were spoilt for choice with many wonderful and different restaurants all close by. Two of our favourites were "Fish Pot" & "Lone Star".
Waving goodbye to the beautiful Bajan Blue Lagoon and to Gleniss, Ingrid and Terry the 3 friendliest and most helpful people we have met for ages we knew we would have to be back sometime soon. Thank you so much to you all.
Jen & Pete
Our second time in Barbados and we arrived at Blue Lagoon late afternoon to be greeted by a very friendly housekeeper Glennis, a rum punch and a view to die for! I knew straight away we were going to have an incredible week. That we did. The house and setting is absolutely stunning, the decking overhangs the turquoise waters and our own private beach for the week. The coral stone walls and spacious rooms provide a really light, bright and airy atmosphere in villa which was kept immaculate throughout our stay. The beds were extremely comfortable and bedrooms air-conditioned. Glennis could not have been more helpful…..the food was delicious and recommendations of places to go were thoroughly enjoyed including the scenic coast along the eastern side of the Island and a catamaran trip to swim with the turtles!! We rented a car, which I would highly recommend, as there is a lot to see on the island. I can not do justice to what a beautiful place this is….we really hope to return to Blue Lagoon and would like to thank the owners and Glennis for a such a magical week in a truly special place!!
West Sussex, UK
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
You will need to send a deposit of 25% of the total rental fee to confirm the reservation and payment of the remaining 75% together with a refundable deposit of £500 must be paid 6 weeks prior to arrival. If you are booking within 30 days or less then full payment must be made to secure the booking.
Saturday is our normal changeover day and we would prefer a minimum stay of 7 days but this is negotiable and we are prepared to be flexible depending on the time of year you are staying.
Notes on prices:
Prices are stated in GBP for the property per night. Last minute bookings will get 25% discount i.e. 2 weeks before arrival date.