Villa in Watamu, Kenya Coast, Kenya - Modern And Chic Design Plus Loads Of Activities
(For video, in the photo gallery above, click the left arrow button.) Heavenly is regarded as the most spectacular private beach front home in Watamu. Styled top to bottom by a sought-after & celebrated South African interior design firm featured frequently in SA's House & Garden, Heavenly fresh & modern feel sets it apart from other (usually more rustic) holiday homes in Watamu. If you are looking for a chic retreat, look no further. Heavenly sits on a quiet beach and enjoys full ocean views from every floor. Watamu is prized for its 5 km long powdery white sand beach (named the 2nd best beach in Africa by CNN Travel in 2012), warm coral-reefed lagoon exploding in a million shades of aqua, a rich tidal inlet rife with diversions, and its residential & relaxed atmosphere. Watamu has remained so pristine because it's actually a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and a 229 square km National Marine Park—designated as a place of "natural excellence", and we couldn't agree more. At low tide Heavenly has access to the full length of Turtle Bay beach, and at high tide a headland magically turns Heavenly into its own private beach cove. It doesn't get much better than this. Local activities include golf; snorkelling; scuba; deep-sea fishing (catch & release); kite surfing; stand-up paddle boarding; turtle, dolphin & whale watching; water skiing and wake boarding; wind surfing; kayaking; cycling; cultural tours; forest tours; tours of local ruins; and much more. The staff includes a cook, a housekeeper, a "do-everything" guy and a night watchman.
About the Owner
About Cindi Crain
13 years ago when living in Nairobi, I rented a little house next door to Heavenly and fell in love with the plot. In 2004 the owners decided to sell the adjacent lot and I jumped. Heavenly was designed as my weekend home, and I wanted it to be stupendous. So I enlisted a widely published interior design firm in Johannesburg, South Africa to design the finishes and all the furniture in the home. It's unlike any home in Watamu, and it's very me! I now live between the US and Watamu and so I don't get to Heavenly as often as I like. So I am finally opening up the house to holiday renters, who I hope love the home as much as I do. I have one young son who I take to Heavenly as often as I can, though he calls the house "The Monkey House" thanks to all our morning monkey visitors!
Cindi Crain purchased this villa in 2004
Why Cindi Crain chose Kenya Coast
To me, Watamu is the best beach in Kenya because it's a national marine park and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Which means it's heavily protected and pristine. I love our end of Turtle Bay (the name of our beach) because it's away from the big hotels at the north end of the beach and has 2 kite surfing schools nearby. Which means we get to enjoy the kites passing by any breezy afternoon! Watamu is also SO easy to get to: a quick 1 hour flight from Nairobi served by 4 airlines, and just a 25 minute drive to the house. Also there are 2 grocery stores, a new green grocer, and my favourite thing is the fish monger who delivers fresh fish & seafood right to the house!
What makes this villa unique
The benefits of staying at Heavenly include:
1) Is the most spectacular, stylish and chic house in Watamu;
2) It's beach front;
3) It's at a quiet end of Turtle Bay;
4) Its pool has a shallow, shady area for children;
5) It's large and accommodates many people comfortably, yet if only 2 people stay they don't feel lost in the house;
6) It has sensational sea views
From the Owner
“To me, Watamu is the best beach in Kenya because it's a national marine park and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Which means it's heavily protected and pristine. I love our end of Turtle Bay (the name of our beach) because it's away from the big hotels at the north end of the beach and has 2 kite surfing schools nearby. Which means we get to enjoy the kites passing by any breezy afternoon! Watamu is also SO easy to get to: a quick 1 hour flight from Nairobi served by 4 airlines, and just a 25 minute drive to the house. Also there are 2 grocery stores, a new green grocer, and my favourite thing is the fish monger who delivers fresh fish & seafood right to the house!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
If you are considering tacking Heavenly on at the end of a safari, then you've come to the right place. Heavenly's owner is the director of VirginBush Safaris, a luxury boutique safari operator in Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda that was named among the "World's Savviest Tour Guides" by CNN. With VB's frequent vetting of exclusive, off the beaten track camps, VB has cultivated its own "little black book" and has insider access to rare and special safari experiences that other tour companies just don't offer. We pride ourselves on chorographing safaris with a beautiful flow and just the right pace, dipping into tribal culture often and authentically, along with spectacular wildlife encounters. No two camps will feel the same—in fact every day will be a new adventure. http://www.virginbushsafaris.com
The house is beach front on Kenya's most pristine beach, Watamu. A national marine park and UNESCO World Heritage Site, Watamu is free of "beach boys" and fishermen. Has blinding white sand, lovely sand bars and tide pools that emerge at low tide. The best!
25 mins drive from Malindi airport, which is a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, Kenya. (Nairobi - Malindi served by 4 airlines.) Car hire recommended, but local taxis and "tuk tuks" are also available.
5 minutes' drive to Watamu village, where there are grocery stores, Snake Farm, golf, ATMs/banks, etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
From the Owner
“The benefits of staying at Heavenly include: 1) Is the most spectacular, stylish and chic house in Watamu; 2) It's beach front; 3) It's at a quiet end of Turtle Bay; 4) Its pool has a shallow, shady area for children; 5) It's large and accommodates many people comfortably, yet if only 2 people stay they don't feel lost in the house; 6) It has sensational sea views”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Stereo ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- rain forests
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Master Bath - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Also has bathtub with hand-held shower
- North Bedroom's Bathroom - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- South Bedroom's Bathroom - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- West Bedroom's Bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bunk Room's Bathroom - Toilet, Outdoor Shower
- Each bedroom is en suite. Master bedroom: shower, bathtub, 2 basins, separate W/C North bedroom: shower, 1 basin, toilet South bedroom: shower, 1 basin, toilet West bedroom: shower/bathtub combo, 1 basin, toilet Bunk: outdoor shower, 1 basin, toilet
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Master Bedroom - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- North Bedroom - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- South Bedroom - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- West Bedroom - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Bunk Room - 4 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 13 (5 Bedrooms), all are ensuite and have A/C Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom: 1 double bed North Bedroom: 1 double bed South Bedroom: 1 double bed + 1 daybed West Bedroom: 1 double bed + 1 single bed Bunk Room: 4 single beds
- Boat ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Max. occupancy: 13
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: 3 bedrooms are sea facing and have private verandahs. The Bunk Room has a huge, beautiful private outdoor shower. Outside: Lovely mature tropical gardens on all sides of the house. One lounge area & dining area under a shady tree. There is a barbecue off the kitchen. The pool area has 4 sun loungers. Private, 3 level swimming pool, including a shallow, shaded area for children. Big yard between house & beach. Stairs down to blinding white sand beach. Utility Room: washing machine Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Daily maid service. Towels & linens are included, changed as needed (though we do ask to conserve water and go light on towel changes when possible) Other: The studio/office is surrounded by glass French doors & has sea views. There is a small yoga room and another art/reading room.