Peaceful Location, Ideally Situated To Explore Beautiful North Norfolk
Traditional 2 bed brick and flint cottage set within a small quiet square of former farm workers cottages, located on the edge of the village. Bodham is a small rural village located half way between the historic Georgian market town of Holt & the traditional seaside resorts of Sheringham & Cromer. The village benefits from a friendly local Pub serving good food and real ales, large playing field with children's playground and football pitch, regular bus links to all areas and direct access to the A148. The nearest beaches are about 1 mile away at Weybourne, Sheringham (2.5 miles) or Cromer (6 miles) boasts blue flag status, proof of their water quality and ample facilities. Over 96% of Norfolk is rural, with miles of well marked paths offering excellent opportunities for walking & cycling. The North Norfolk coastline stretches for 43 miles of picturesque and ever changing scenery from long sandy beaches, high cliffs, salt marshes, sand dunes and pebble banks.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
This is a family owned cottage that has undergone full refurbishment since ownership in 2005.
We have worked hard to achieve a good standard of accommodation and hope to further improve things year on year.
Many of our guests return, Spring and Autumn appear to be favourites as well as Christmas. It is particularly well situated for the Summer holiday period, as its quiet location means its far enough away from the busy bustle, but close enough to easily travel anywhere.
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is at Weybourne, approx 1.5 miles.
The nearby beaches at Sheringham (2.5 miles) & Cromer (6 miles) have blue flag status.
World famous coastal bird watching marches between Cley and Weybourne are approximately 3 miles away.
The North Norfolk coastline stretches for 43 miles of picturesque and ever changing scenery from long sandy beaches, high cliffs, salt marches, sand dunes and pebble banks.
Sheringham has a railway station and good bus links to Cromer and Holt.
The use of a car is recommended but not essential.
Once at the cottage, walking, cycling or public transport will take you to most local attractions.
Holt, historic Georgian market town is 2.5 miles.
Sheringham, traditional seaside resort with many amenities is 2.5 miles.
Cromer, seaside town with pier and local amenities is 6 miles.
National trust properties at Sheringham Park, Felbrigg Hall and Blickling Hall close by.
Fully equipped indoor leisure centres at Pinewoods (0.5 miles) & Sheringham (2.5miles)
Miles of rural and coastal footpaths and cycle trails to suit your legs, many starting at the doorstep!
There is a folder in the cottage that contains a wealth of information on all local facilities, shops, supermarkets, restaurant's, pubs, take aways, galleries, museums, things to do & places to go, maps, walking guides, taxi services, bus times, activities, etc, etc.
Please visit www.visitnorthnorfolk.com for an in depth guide to the vast array of attractions, amenities and activities the areas has to offer.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact us via email with your dates. We will then confirm if these are available. Once confirmed we will send you a booking form and further information. Please return this completed with your deposit.
For last minute and update availability please call Paul on 07990 641875
The change over day is flexible dependant upon the day of arrival.
You can access the property from 2pm on the day of arrival and must vacate by 10am on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
We offer a 10% discount on the standard nightly rate for bookings of 7 nights or more.
Due to the high laundry/change over costs, we change an additional one off supplement of £25 on stays of 1 & 2 nights.
Please email for exact costs.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Refurbished spacious ground floor bathroom with large shower cubicle, separate bath, sink, W/C, heated towel rail & storage cupboard.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main bedroom with double bed, wardrobe, dressing table with mirror & drawers, feature period fireplace & wall mounted TV. Bedroom 2 with 1 double bed & 1 single bed. The bedrooms are linked and access to the second bedroom is via the main bedroom
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The cottage is available all year round for short or long breaks. We ask for a minimum of 3 nights stay during peak times (school holidays, bank holidays and July/August). Due to high change over & laundry costs, stays of 1 and 2 nights will carry a supplement of £25. Please email for a quote. Well behaved dogs are allowed, but please observe our separate rules on pets (available on request). Outside: At the rear of the cottage is a small patio area with a bench and parking for one car. The property benefits from a large lawned 80 X 40 ft enclosed garden. This is detached from the property & is located approx 20 meters to the rear of the property and is accessed via a small footpath. There is a patio with table and 6 chairs. Utility Room: N/A Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, tea towels, bath mat and all bed linen are provided. Please bring your own beach towels.The cottage will be fully cleaned before and after your stay.