Villa in Oliva, Costa del Azahar / Valencia, Spain - Set In Beautiful Gardens, 5 Minutes Drive To Perfect Blue Flag Beach
The living accommodation is on the first floor and the entrance is via a shady Naya (arched terrace) from which you can enjoy the view of the beautiful gardens which include an aviary and fish pond. Take one of the winding paths to find a secluded spot in the garden or enjoy the private swimming pool (8 metres x 4 metres) with its shower and sun terrace with umbrellas, sunbeds/cushions, table/chairs. Entry to the property is via electric gates which leads to a long drive with a secured parking area for several cars, including a carport large enough for 2 cars.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(7 traveller reviews)
Lovely weeks break... thank you
Set back from the road at the foot of a valley, the villa is nicely appointed, with very well kept gardens. The setting is below numerous other villas, which means it is somewhat overlooked on the pool side (not close by, but you can see other people looking down from a distance). The villa itself is comfortable, the top level outside space is a very nice space to sit and enjoy drinks and meals.
There were a few things to note though.
- Access: the access driveway is very narrow and is angled in one direction. Our hire car (Nissan Quashqui) only just made it through the gates. Limited turning also as the drive is long and thin. Someone had to 'see us out' on each occasion when leaving.
- Lighting: there are quite a few external lights around the villa, driveway and pool, but none apparently accessible by guests? We contacted Ann (the owner) who had the pool man switch some on for us around the pool after a couple of days (apparently the switch/es are located inside the lower garage area, no access for guests - very strange. There are also no lights on the lower seating area or around the back of the villa by the BBQ.... we were cooking by flame lights and iphone lighting one evening.
- Kitchen fridge/freezer. The unit is old. The freezer compartment was completely frozen up and the fridge took a couple of days to really cool things down. Ann explained availability of a separate freezer in the wash room, but that was quite a treck from the kitchen, outside washroom.
All in all, we had a nice break, the nearby font and BBQ restaurant / bar was great, as was the Oliva Nova golf complex areas and beach. Just these few things to consider....
A Lovely Villa!
We really enjoyed this villa. It was equipped with everything you needed and very clean and comfortable. Ann was very helpful on our arrival. The pool was fantastic and a great place to cool off. The terrace was a lovely place to enjoy meals. Thank you!
We have just spent a very relaxing and quiet week at this lovely villa. We really enjoyed the pool and couldn't have done without it to cool down. Lovely clean house and pool with beautiful gardens. The shaded balcony was great to get out of the midday sun and we ate all of our meals out there. All amenities easily accessible with a car. The owner, a lovely Irish lady, was nearby if we we needed any help but otherwise she left us alone to enjoy our holiday. Villa extremely well equipped with everything you should need.
A wonder relaxing stay
We booked the villa for a quiet, relaxing holiday with our two children and it exceeded our expectations. The villa is spacious, light and airy with a superb open terrace where we eat most days (day and evening). The pool in ideal and perfect for our family and we didn't feel over looked at all. The BBQ is excellent which we used a lot. There was a large supermarket a shot drive away so we stocked up for our stay. I'd thoroughly recommend this villa. Anna was a pleasure to deal with too - a lovely lady.
Anna Clara house
Beautiful quiet location but walking distance to bar restaurant, stunning beach, shops and more restaurants only 10 minutes away.
Lovely gardens with a good sized pool and large sunny verander. The house is well furnished and very clean, the owner is very helpful, but leaves you in peace. We enjoyed every moment of our stay and would highly recommend this villa.
Activity and Interests
The Villa is situated 1 mile from the beautiful and unspoilt blue flag white sand beach which is perfect for families and couples alike.(5 minutes in the car - a bit too hot to walk in the height of summer). There are miles of perfect beach with one of the few areas of the Mediterranean where sand dunes are still preserved. Little beach bars (chirinquitos) can be found dotted along the beach to provide cold drinks and snacks.
Nearest Airport: Valencia or Alicante at 90 Kilometres.
Nearest Ferry : Denia at 15 Kilometres.
Nearest Train: Gandia at 15 Kilometres
Nearest Motorway : AP7 at 5 kilometres
A car is recommended.
On the Oliva Nova complex( 5 minutes drive) there is a restaurant, supermarket, bicycle hire shop, beach shop as well as an ice cream parlour and bar.
A 2 minute walk from the villa is the internationally known Font Salada thermal Spring and Bar which provides good local food. In the opposite direction is Font Salada Hotel where the Menu del Dia(menu of the day) is 15 Euros.
A short drive into Oliva (5 Kilometres) there is a choice of bars/restaurants both at the beach and in Oliva town.
Pego/Oliva Marjal Park is a wetland and bird reserve. Access is just beyond Font Salada. Throughout the year it is enjoyed by walkers, cyclists and bird watchers.
10 minutes drive away at Ondara there is a large shopping centre - Las Marinas just in case you want a change from the sun and beach.
Further south, about 35 minutes along the AP7 motorway, is the famous resort of Benidorm and close to it the Terra Mitica Theme Park (with all the usual rides and also Waterworld.
This villa is in an idyllic location for couples or families to enjoy peace and tranquillity but at the same time has all facilities one could wish for, to spend a perfect holiday, close by.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 3 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
20% Deposit ( non refundable will secure the booking.) Final payment should be made 8 weeks prior to arrival.
A refundable surety breakage deposit of £250.00 is payable with the holiday balance.
The changeover day is flexible. The villa will be available from 3 PM on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10 AM on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the Villa per week in UK pounds
A 20% deposit (non refundable will secure the booking. The final payment will be due 8 weeks prior to arrival.A refundable security deposit of £250 is payable with the final payment.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Fully fitted luxury bathroom 1 with bath, separate shower cubicle, toilet and hand basin. There is an en suite to bedroom 1 which contains a toilet and hand basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 : Double bed with fitted wardrobe and free standing wardrobe. Bedroom 2 : King size bed Bedroom 3 : 2 single beds with fitted wardrobe 2 cots are available upon request. Each bedroom has a window with balcony overlooking the pool.
- Golf ...
- Outside: The villa boasts a lovely colourful gardens which has winding paths taking you to different areas, such as the aviary, fish pond and secluded seating areas away from the main house. There are 2 covered terraces with seating/dining areas (perfect for those tranquil summer evenings listening to the birds singing. You can enjoy a glass of wine (or two) whilst waiting for your evening meal being brought to you directly from the barbecue. (Bliss). The private swimming pool (8 metres x 4 Metres) has sunbeds, brolly, chairs and a few toys for the pool. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are included. The villa will be cleaned before arrival and on departure. Towels and bed linen are changed weekly. Other: Air conditioning/heating units in all rooms. 2 large covered terraces on the ground and 1st floor. The 1st floor areas has comfortable sofa/coffee and table and full size dining table for 6 people. The ground floor area and table and chairs.