Villa in Brna, Island of Korcula, Dalmatian Coast, Croatia - Huge Balcony thing 5 Minutes Walk To Seafront
A large house with huge open plan lounge/dining area providing a perfect base for families or groups of friends. Great attention has been paid to the comfort inside the villa. All furnishings are clean, comfortable and modern. The kitchen has been professionally fitted with a complete range of units and equipment making it a pleasure to use. Airconditioning is fitted in all rooms. 3 bathroom/shower rooms. Surrounded by a terraced garden plenty of areas for sitting, barbequing and sunbathing. Green, tree shaded location. Village shops and supermarket just a short walk away.
About the Owner
Mike and Mary Beardwood are the owners of Villa Marguerita. Mike's hobby has always been sailing, and so we were looking for a place where he could keep a boat and enjoy the water when we discovered Croatia. We bought Villa Marguerita in 2006, and spent the next year renovating her to a modern, open plan standard. During this time we got to know the island, and appreciate its beauty. In all weathers the light changes over the landscape with sunsets and rainbows regular sights from the balcony.
Mary enjoys painting and writing so this peaceful spot is just right for her.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Beautiful home with views to die for. Very modern with good swimming nearby.
Well appointed house over looking stunning bay. We enjoyed the fish van coming round and barbequing the day's catch.
A charming, spacious villa.
From the Owner
“Beautiful location. Sailing and swimming, nice restaurants. Away from the discos and crowds.”
Activity and Interests
Brna bay is five minutes walking distance from the property with swimming in clear blue waters. The waterfront has been landscaped into swimming areas, and a small sandy beach is suitable for small children. At the nearby village of Prizba there is a long, pebble beach with safe bathing (10 minutes drive.)
There are two airports that serve Brna. Dubrovnik is approx 100 kilometres, which takes 2 1/2 hours to drive and includes a short ferry crossing over to the island.
Split airport provides an interesting alternative, as ferries and catamarans leave from the port of Split to Vela Luka (the port on the island of Korcula.) Car ferry takes three hours, catamaran for pedestrians only, takes 2 hours. Car hire essential from either the airport, or on arrival at the island.
The villa is in the village of Brna, with restaurants and shopping. The nearby village of Smokvica has further facilities with a fresh butcher, bank, and doctor/dentists surgeries. (5 kilometres) The medieval town of Korcula, with a huge selection of restaurants and old town is 25 kilometres.
A fishing picnic goes from ~Brna Bay to the nearby Island of Laskovo on a daily basis.Wind surfing is available in the bay. At the port of Vela Luka there are many restaurants, and boat/bike/car hire. From Korcula town various day trips can be organised to other islands, scuba diving, sailing and quad bike hire.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
When making a reservation a 10% deposit is required. Full payment for the holiday is required two months before arrival at the villa. Payment can be made by paypal or by bank transfer. A security deposit of £50 is required, which is returned immediately on the return of keys and no damage to the property is reported.
Please contact owner
Notes on prices:
Mid season May, June £1,100 per week
High season July, August £1,300 per week
Mid season September £1,100 per week
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“High standard of renovation.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- winery tours
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower, sink, wc; Family bathroom for Bedrooms 2 and 3, with bath, shower, sink and wc; Separate shower for bedroom 4 with shower, sink and wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, double bed, Bedroom 2 Double bed, Bedroom 3 double bed, Bedroom 4 twin beds. Large sofa in lounge for child. Cot.
- Boat ...
- Outside: Property stands in a terraced garden, with fig trees. It is green and shady, with a patio for barbequing. Wooden table with bench seats for 8 people. Plenty of loungers. The large balconies at the front of the house also are set out for al fresco dining with a dining table, swing seat and loungers. Table tennis available. Utility Room: Laundry room with washing machine, ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen included. The property is prepared for guests arrival with beds made up ready for sleeping. Spotlessly clean before and after each let.