Villa Nr. Agios Stephanos - Located Within Its Own Olive Grove, Footpath To The Beach.
The villa is of a traditional build although only 12 years old and is situated on the exclusive North East coast of Corfu, above the beach of Kerasia and Agios Stephanos. It has several terraced and shaded areas for outside eating, barbecue and a kiln for roasting. The main terraced areas by the house can be gated off from the private pool, which guests with younger children have found very useful. The pool has wide steps leading into the shallow end, making it ideal for beginners of all ages! The well maintained olive grove, provides outstanding dramatic views of the sea and Albania: previous guests regularly comment that the views from the villa surpass any pictures.
About the Owner
I am the father of 6 sons who range in age from post graduate, off the payroll types to a couple in prep school. We have had many spectacular holidays in the house as a family and it remains our favourite holiday destination! In order to keep the show on the road (and also because I love it), I work as a consultant specialist surgeon. The work is very demanding and I find the villa in Corfu the perfect place to unwind and spend as much time in the year as I can at the villa each year - often short breaks of under a week can "recharge my batteries"!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Its been the BEST holiday! Beautiful house in beautiful location. Could not find enough words to describe it!! PERFECTION!!
From the Owner
“The story of VILLA ELAIA... I love the island of Corfu and rented villas on the NE coast for several years before deciding to acquire my own. The initial plan was to buy a small house in the hills with a good view and develop it. In the event I couldn't find a suitable property and a friend told me of an olive grove of approximately 8000sq metres suitable for building. I bought the land in the late 1990's and 3 years later completed the house. Since then, I have undertaken numerous projects to improve the property for the comfort of all who stay there. It is constantly being updated to avoid the "tiredness" that can be felt in houses that are kept unchanged a decade or more after construction. Last year I installed a wifi system and this year I redecorated and renewed soft furnishings.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Corfu is perfect for walking and cycling, although this is preferable out of the hottest summer months. The Corfiot celebration of the Greek Orthodox Easter is renowned throughout Greece for its tradition and spectacle.
The nearest beach is the pretty bay of Kerasia, which has a local taverna specialising in traditional Greek food, locally produced and caught. It is about 10 minutes' walk through the olive grove, or about 10 minutes by car. Other nearby beaches are Agios Stephanos, Kalami, Kouloura, Kaminaki, Agni (which has fabulous tavernas) and Nissaki (the furthest away taking about 30 minutes by car). The best way to visit any of these is by hiring a 30 horse power boat from Agios Stephanos.
Corfu airport is about 35km from the villa. Car hire is a must to really make the most of your holiday, and enjoy all that Corfu has to offer.
The closest village is Agios (San) Stephanos, about 5km away. The larger town of Kassiopi is 6km, and has a larger choice of supermarket and eateries.
Old Perithia is worth a visit, and from Pantokrator, the highest point on the island with an ancient monastery at the summit, there are wonderful views of the whole island. Ferries can be taken from Corfu port to mainland Greece, Paxos, anti Paxos, and Venice (24 hours away!) A fast ferry can also be taken to Brindisi.
The local supermarket is at the top of the road leading to the villa, about 2 minutes' drive or 10 minutes walk. Restaurants we recommend are Toulas at Agni Bay, Taverna Kerasia, and Mytsos Taverna at Nissaki, where you can eat simply made food on the patio, whilst watching the children play in the sea. Water sports are widely available, and hiring a small boat from Agios Stephanos to enjoy the coastline is highly recommended. A fast boat trip from Kerasia, captained by Dinos, is a must for those wanting to get to Corfu town in a hurry! Diving is available in nearby Kassiopi, and hosted boat trips around the island highly favoured by teenagers.
A boat trip to Albania is a must for explorers, and ferries can be taken to the Greek mainland, for visits to Ioannina.
If you would like Caroline to arrange for home cooked food to be delivered to you, or for a chef to cook for you during your stay, please contact her on the telephone number provided in the information leaflet we will send to you on receipt of your deposit.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
5 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
30 Oct 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
A non-refundable 25% deposit is required at the time of booking, with the full and final payment no less than 8 weeks before your holiday. We do request a £500 deposit to cover damage and breakages. This will be fully refunded on your return.
Preferred changeover day is Monday, especially during the busy summer period, although we can be flexible depending on other bookings. Weekend breaks are also available.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property, per week, in UK Pounds. We offer reduced rates for parties of fewer than 8 people OUTSIDE of peak holiday times.
25% deposit on booking. Balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival. Direct bank transfer.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Location,location,location! In my opinion, this part of the island is the most appealing for families who want a restful holiday away from the bustle of some of the noisier tourist destinations. Yet it's close enough to local towns and amenities if those are needed and the picturesque harbour of Agios Stefanos is close enough for teenagers to safely pop into for a game of pool and a "lemonade" of an evening should they desire it. The views from the terraces are amongst the best on the island and it is an easy walk through the olive groves to the beach. The house is spacious and designed to take full advantage of the views, maximise privacy and facilitate outdoor living. There is a spectacular pool area with outdoor kitchen facilities. I have only ever had positive feedback from guests.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- There is a large bathroom off the main bedroom upstairs, with shower, bath and toilet. The twin rooms are both en-suite. The downstairs double bedroom has an en-suite shower, bath and toilet. All bathrooms/toilets have stunning sea views to enjoy!
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: There are 2 double bedrooms, and 2 twin bedrooms, each with their own shower/bathing facilities, and private balconies with spectacular sea views. Each room is comfortably furnished, with plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. All rooms are air-conditioned.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is managed by an Englishwoman who has lived in Corfu for 30 years. She will ensure all is well on your arrival, and is available during your holiday to help with any issues that may arise. She can also provide home cooked food on request, or arrange for a chef to come to the villa to cook for you, a new initiative that has proved to be very successful this summer. Each room has air-conditioning, and winter visitors can keep warm as each room is fitted with wall mounted radiators. The private pool can be gated off from the main patio eating areas, although we emphasise that children should be supervised at all times. There are 2 travel cots and 2 highchairs available, but bedding for the cots is not provided. Outside: The villa is situated within approximately 2 acres of its own olive grove. There is a rough path through the grove to the nearby beach of Kerasia, the walk taking about 10 mins. Closer to the house, and surrounding the private 11 x 7m infinity pool, there are gardens of mature shrubs and flowers. In particular, the spectacular bougainvillea, which provides a wonderful shade over the terrace off the kitchen. As well as a barbecue, there is a newly built kiln, adjacent "outdoor kitchen" and covered seating area, perfect for watching the ships go by. Immediately off the sitting room, is the main terraced area, where breakfast can be taken watching the sunrise over Albania. From every part of the house, guests can enjoy what have been described as the best sea views in Corfu. Utility Room: There is a washing machine, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels except pool/beach towels are included, please provide your OWN TOWELS for the beach/pool area. There is alternate daily maid service, and bed linen is changed twice weekly. Our house manager is available at any time as needed. Other: All rooms have air-conditioning, and wall mounted radiators for use during the winter months.