House in Camber, Sussex, England - Great For Family Holidays Near The Beach In Stunning Camber
New-build eco house minutes walk from Camber Sands' famous dunes and ancient Rye. House sleeps 6 - 8 foot wide double bed with en-suite - kids' room with twin beds and truckle bed - family bathroom. Ping Pong table and TV room with sofa bed.
About the Owner
I am a documentary film maker living near Brighton. I have three children, and two dogs. Camber is where I go to escape with the kids and the dogs too.
From the Owner
“My husband and I met over twenty years ago and renovated a property near Rye together. Now, three kids later we've bought this bolt-hole near the best beach in Britain. It can be windy, it can be cold - but when the sun is shining it's heaven. Having the house so near the beach means we can be up and on the sand before breakfast and then again in the evening be barbecuing as the sun goes down avoiding the crowds in the middle of the day.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Rye is an ancient Cinque Ports Town with an array of great antiques shops and shopping/eating opportunities. The Romney Marshes are very flat and good for those interested in cycling. There is a slip-way at Rye Harbour for those who want access to the sea.
Camber Beach is a magnet for Kite-surfers.
The beach at Camber is adjacent to the house - and a short walk over the dunes.
Rye is the nearest train station - St Pancras via Ashford International 60 mins.
Hastings is 20 minutes
Gatwick Airport 1h30.
Rye 5 miles
Ashford 15 miles
Hastings 10 miles
The house makes a quiet haven in the winter months when the tourists keep away - great for long walks on the beach - tea and cake in Rye, browsing 1066 country. IN summer its a great spot for those who love to paddle and make sand-castles.
- Booking Notes:
Happy to talk bookings by email - at peak times we may only take bookings of a week minimum - but can be flexible in non-peak times - Minimum stay 2 nights.
Our preferred change-over day is Friday or Saturday - but we can be flexible.
Notes on prices:
In off peak seasons we can be flexible.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“With kids you can find your holiday over run by domestic chores - but the kitchen is small and with a dishwasher and tumble dryer and washing machine - all domestic life is taken care of swiftly leaving lots of time for fun. the Salts Farm Shop does a great line in ready-to-cook meals so dinner doesn't have to be a chore either.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with bath and shower. En-suite shower room. Outside shower with cold water for the very brave.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master suite with 8ft wide bed and en-suite shower room. Children's room with twin beds, truckle bed and travel cot. Sofa bed in sitting room for two.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This is a new house and decorated in a contemporary and modern style. There are toys, books and DVDs. Outside: There is a balcony from the main bedroom and another from the kitchen/diner which has a picnic table and barbecue and access to the communal gardens. The house gets the sun from lunch time onwards so balconies are great for evening barbecues. Utility Room: Table-tennis/utility room - with full size ping-pong table - lots of hanging room and space for muddy boots, or sandy/wet wet-suits. Washing Machine and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The beds will be freshly made, there will be bath towels - the property is cleaned on change over when the bedding and towels are changed. There are not beach towels at the property. Other: The house is a newly built eco-house with balconies overlooking communal "dune garden" and views to the dunes of Camber Sands. Walking distance to cafes, pubs etc. and a short drive to historic town of Rye.