Large property for hire, sleeping up to 40, set in an 11 acre hillside estate along the Pennine Way
Blackton Grange is a traditional stone built farmhouse which nestles deep in the heart of the North Pennines, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and rumoured to be England's last wilderness. Enjoying unspoilt views across Teesdale, Blackton Grange is set within one of the country's best walking areas.
The property is fully equipped to welcome up to 40 guests for accommodation inside the house itself, across 10 bedrooms, with further sleeping potential in our camping field adjacent to the main property.
Facilities include disabled access, wifi, satellite tv, 10 bedrooms (two en suite), open log fire, bbq, fleet of mountain bikes as well as catering available on request
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Blackton grange is accessible from the A1, A66 and M6. Darlington is the nearest mainline railway station. Newcastle or Durham are the nearest airports. Car is essential due to the rural location of the property.
Nearest shops are located in Middleton-in-Teesdale some 9 miles away. The nearest large town is Barnard Castle which is 9 miles away. Bowes museum and the Norman Castle are in Barnard Castle. The nearest pub which serves food is in Cotherstone /Romaldkirk approx. 7 miles. Surrounding villages are home to an eclectic collection of shops and country pubs.
2 supermarkets will accept online ordering and will deliver to the property. We can arrange catering if required for a special occasion. Outdoor activities can be arranged i.e. Kayaking, abseiling, gorge walking with some of these activities only a short walk away from the farmhouse.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking form and 25% deposit required for confirmation of booking. Full payment to be made 8 weeks before arrival. Cheques/online payments accepted.
Any day for changeover Arrival times 4 pm, departure 12 noon. These times are flexible in some instances.
Notes on prices:
Above rates are for Friday-Sunday. For additional add on days Monday-Thursday an additional £350 per night. Minimum stay 2 nights.
For 1 week hire or more please enquire.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Fireplace ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 6 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 7 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to Bedroom 4 with bath/shower. En-suite to bedroom 5 with shower. Disabled WC/Shower adjacent to bedroom 3. 1 shower/WC on ground floor. 4 showers/4 WC upstairs corridor.
- 10 Bedrooms, Sleeps 40
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Bedroom 10
- Description of sleeping capacity: Large Farmhouse sleeping up to 40 persons Notes on bedrooms: BED 1 double bed, bunk bed, single. BED 2 Double, single. BED 3 Double, bunk, single. BED 4 double, single. BED 5 double, bunk, single. BED 6 2 bunks, single. BED 7 double, bunk, single. BED 8 double, bunk, single. BED 9 double, bunk, single. BED 10 twin
- Bicycles ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Max. occupancy: 40
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- Outside: Gardens with bench tables. Camping field for games with covered area ideal for barbecues. Use of BBQ. Utility Room: Washing machines and tumble driers with drying racks for outdoor wear/boots. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen included. Please bring own towels Other: Large dining room, tables can be rearranged to accommodate your party. 1 indoor meeting room with conference table and 1 outdoor meeting room.