House in Underbarrow, Kendal, Lake District, Cumbria, England - Peaceful Country Village Location, Conveniently Located For Exploring The Lake District
The Old School is the perfect holiday let for a family get-away. Located in the Lyth Valley, famous for its damsons and beautiful scenery, the Old School is situated in a broad grassy garden sloping down to Chapel Beck which runs along the boundary. The Old School is the school which served the village from 1859 until closure and conversion in the 1980s. We used it exclusively for family holidays from 2000 until we let it on holiday lets in 2007. We hope that it retains something of that family home atmosphere.Well situated for shops, restaurants and entertainment in both Kendal and Windermere. There are good walks to be had local but routes to the further lakes and peaks can be easily accessed from the Old School for those who want to tackle the classic walks and climbs or just indulge in the best which the Lake District has to offer.
About the Owner
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
20 Nov 2016 - 21 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
22 Dec 2016 - 29 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Although prices quoted are for full week lettings, ask us about short breaks.
Pets are welcome but do mean we incur extra cleaning costs. We ask for £50 in advance and will return £25 if our cleaner has not had to deal with anything too awful.
When we receive your deposit we will reserve the house for you. When we ask for the balance we will send you our terms and you can either accept by paying the balance, or reject our terms in which event we will return your deposit.
Changeover day is usually Saturday, but enquire about short breaks.
Notes on prices:
Short breaks are available.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Family bathroom with bath/shower, Bedroom 2 has a basin and shower in the room, Separate wc off the entrance lobby.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1- Antique french double bedstead, Bedroom 2 - King sized bed , Bedroom 3- bunk beds, Bedroom 4 - twin single beds (Additional beds can be provided.)
- Notes on accommodation: The house is set up for four adults and four children ( 2 doubles and 4 single beds), however with the double sofa bed and two 'z' beds the house can accommodate up-to twelve people, we need advance notice to provide these beds. Outside: The house is situated in half an acre of garden which runs down to Chapel Beck . There is a paved patio with table and chairs provided, as well as a free standing tree house. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels ( 1 bath sheet and 1 face towel per guest) and linen are provided. If you stay for more than one week, your linen/towels will be changed at the end of the 1st week (free of charge). Other: Upstairs there is a 'play room' which can be used as an extra bedroom as well as a reading room.