Large Country House Near Chepstow, South Wales - Close to Many Attractions; Wye Valley, Forest of Dean, Brecon Beacons, Welsh Castles
The house is a beautiful, spacious property, parts of it dating from the 17th century. It has been modernised to a very high standard, whilst retaining the country cottage feel!!
It is the perfect place and location for a family/friends gathering. Only 15 minutes drive from M4/M5 yet set in a very peaceful countryside location, in 13 acres of pasture and woodland, with stunning views over the Usk Valley to the Black Mountains, known as 'Uskany'!
It has a large south west facing, terraced garden, with lawned areas and a patio for eating 'al fresco'.
The local attractions offer something for all ages, from City life in Bristol, 20 minutes away to Forest trails and adventure playgrounds for children.
Close by are magical days out in the Forest of Dean, 30mins drive including Puzzlewood, The Sculpture Trail, Offas Dyke Path, The Speech House, Taurus Crafts, Welsh Castles. The list is endless and suitable for all ages and weathers!!
It is ideally located to visit the Wye valley, Forest of Dean, Chepstow Racecourse, Tintern Abbey, Brecon Beacons, market towns of Chepstow and Monmouth, and local Welsh castles.
Bristol 20 mins by car.
Bath 40 mins by car.
Cardiff 40 mins by car.
All have many tourist attractions, please double check google maps for a more accurate journey plan.
We offer Bed and Breakfast, catering options for special occasions and a hot tub is available at an extra cost.
Further information can be found in the house. There is an adjacent house which can sleep up to 16 which is also available to rent for larger parties.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(2 traveller reviews)
Our large family took over both the house and the cottage, and had a wonderful week in this most beautiful of locations. Spacious, clean, warm and friendly - we felt at home straight away, and every morning the amazing view was different, and something to be enjoyed and commented on. We visited Monmouth and Chepstow (impressive castle), rode on a steam railway in the Forest of Dean and even marvelled at Tintern Abbey in the rain. A very special week.
Excellent accommodation in all areas. All in perfectly clean condition. Beautiful views and much to keep busy with on grounds or only a short driving distance away. Big thanks to Helen and her family and Molly and Maisy (dogs) of the next door cottage for making our stay so welcoming. Always ready and willing to help in any possible way and always with a smile. Greatly recommend this cottage
Activity and Interests
beaches of south Wales and south west coast ( Weston- super- mare, Clevedon ) nearest is approximately 40 minutes drive.
Bristol airport is approximately 1 hours drive, access to M4 and M5 is approximately 15mins drive away. A car is recommended although the house is on a local cycle and bus route. There are several local taxi companies too.
Chepstow is a market town with a beautiful river and a lovely castle just 10mins drive, it has great pubs, restaurants and supermarkets. Monmouth is another ancient market town, approximately 30mins drive.
Bristol, Bath and Cardiff all all aprox 35 min drive
There are several supermarkets in Chepstow. There is a small local village shop 2 mins drive away that provides the very basics. Budgens is the next closest shop about 5 mins drive from the house by the racecourse roundabout which sells most things.
There are several banks, chemists, cafes, restaurants, clothes shops in Chepstow. More information can be found in the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
August Bank Holiday
25 Aug 2017 - 28 Aug 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
22 Dec 2017 - 7 Jan 2018
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We are flexible with dates so if you have any questions please get in touch.
30% deposit is required at time of booking and remaining balance is due 6 weeks before your arrival date.
There will be a refundable damage deposit payable before arrival.
Friday is the most common changeover day but this is flexible according to bookings so do get in touch.
Normally arrival time is after 3.30 pm and departure 10.30 am
Notes on prices:
£500 for a 2 night week-end
£800 for a 7 night stay
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Studio, Sleeps 20
- Room 1- 1 king size + 1 single or 3 singles Room2 - 1 double Room 3 - 1 double Room 4 - 1 king size + 1 single Room 5 - 1 double or 2 singles Room 6 - 1 double Room 7 - 3 singles Room 8 - 1 kingsize +1single or 3 singles All the bedrooms are accessed by stairs.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The garden has extensive views to the Black Mountains. There is a circular lawn area on one level and another lawn on the lower level. There are small stone walls and pathways along the stacked flower and shrub borders. The bird life is very rich and pairs of buzzards often circle the valley. It is a perfect spot for eating alfresco while enjoying the view, the scents and the sounds ! Hot tub is available at additional cost £100, this needs to be requested at time of booking in order to avoid disapointment. Utility Room: there is a washing machine Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels are provide and beds are prepared