Remote 3 Bedroom Detached Cottage - Peaceful Location close to Beach Village
Luxury cottage in the Northern Highlands with a Remote feel, Detached, Conservatory, (Hot Tub £80 supplement) Jacuzzi bath, Sauna, Full Central Heating, Open fire and WIFI. This restored former Croft Cottage has a good sized enclosed garden lawned to the front. Access is free and easy just 1/4 mile off the main A9 trunk road, the access road to the cottage is truncated so no through traffic only local access. Sea View has spectacular elevated views of the North Sea, Mountains and Night skies, great for beautiful early morning sun rises and its remote location makes it great for Sky Watching in particular the Northern Lights. Centrally placed Sea View forms the perfect base for exploring all the Northern Highlands including the Black Isle, Loch Ness Caithness and an Orkney day trip.
About the Owner
I arrived at this accommodation totally by accident backand simply fell in love with the area and views.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Please also see the real photos from our guest book !
After many stays in Sea View Cottage no one do better, I have stayed in winter and in summer and always had a warm reception, the local people welcome you every time. Brian Roberts Manchester February 2013
What a lovely place to come on Holiday the Views and surrounding areas are amazing! Lots of nice walks. Very rainy weather but that is to be expected. The cottage is absolutely perfect very relaxing. Time really does stand still here. We will definitely be back. Thank you Bev and Dougie, Dundee 2012
Arrived to pouring rain but rest of week was beautiful. Even had some meals outside it was that warm. Cottage fantastic with Sea Views and Mountain views Spectacular. Sunrises and Sunsets are unbelievable - never seen the Lights ! Everything you could want and more - Even Towels and Sheets for the Dogs ! Conservatory great with a bottle of wine !! Definitely be back
Doug and Jenny, Carnoustie
From the Owner
“Originally intended to move into the cottage with my partner fell in love with the Countryside and Beaches, stunning and unspoilt and had been Looking at Sea View for 12 months prior to Buying. The off putting factor been the substantial costing required to restore to the current condition. Eventually the cottages appeal location and Views got the better so went for it, price agreed and after 6 months of hard work and the budget well exceeded, moved in only for work circumstances to change. The cottage has been very popular with many repeat bookings ever since”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Sea View is also set high in the hills amongst wild Highland Scenery - there are many local walks from the cottage either into the surrounding Mountains via single tarmac road or down to the Shore side - Navidale bay most local and world famous for it's Dinosaur Fossil finds. If you have an interest in railways the Far North railway line has a station 1 mile away with local trains to Wick, Thurso, Dunrobin Castle and Forsinard for the (RSPB reserve)
This property is also specially featured on the popular thenorthernlightsinscotland.co.uk website with many great sightings over the years
Navidale, Helmsdale and the North East Coast provides some of the finest beaches in the UK and all within 20 minutes drive are a number of record-breaking beaches, awarded the "Rural Seaside Award" by the body Keep Scotland Beautiful (KSB). Among them are Brora Beach, Golspie North Beach, and Golspie South Beach pictured above and Embo.
The nearest airports are Inverness 60 miles and Wick 48 Miles
The nearest Village with Shops, Restaurants, Pubs and facilities is Helmsdale 1 mile. There is also a railway station in Helmsdale with a direct train service from Inverness and Wick
The village of itself offers a great choice of local restaurants and Inns particularly The Wayfarer Restaurant La Mirage Restaurant a fine Fifty seater establishment.
Lists sample menus and dining facilities. There is also the Bunillidh Restaurant - Seafood restaurant with a fantastic vegetarian menu. There is also Gilberts traditional tea-rooms open daily.
Helmsdale also boasts the fantastic Timespan Heritage Centre. The museum here gives an insight into the colourful history of Helmsdale and the surrounding area. There is also a gallery showcasing the work of international, national and local artists; an excellent cafe overlooking the riverside community garden; and a shop. The Timespan Heritage Centre also contains information about the gold rush of 1869, which focused on two tributaries of the Helmsdale River in Strath Kildonan. It is still possible to pan for gold. There is also a gallery showcasing the work of international, national and local artists. There are various art and craft shops offering a range of animal stoneware sculptures, specialising in wildlife and birds, designed and made by hand. Wild Tiles Mosaics, plus craft courses in mosaic, batik, and textile embroidery.
The nearest Inn / Hotel is the fantastic Navidale House Hotel a former hunting lodge built by the Duke of Sutherland. The recently Refurbished Hotel enjoys some of the most spectacular views of any hotel in Sutherland and there is also easy access to the beach.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
19 Nov 2016 - 3 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Jul 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Saturday changeovers only - unless last minute availability
2 Person 10% discounts available June, July, August and September
A deposit of 25% is needed to secure a booking immediately. Full booking confirmation will be emailed to you the same working day, or posted in printed form the next working day. The Final settlement is due 6 weeks before the due holiday date.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs family bathroom - with Jacuzzi bath, Wash Basin and W.C (can be also en-suite) Upstairs Shower cubicle in the Double Bedroom. Independent W.C and Wash Basin room serving both upstairs Bedrooms.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Downstairs master bedroom with Kingsize Double Bed. Upstairs Twin Bedroom with 2 Single Beds. Upstairs Double bedroom with Double Bed. All 3 Bedrooms have TV / DVD and ample having and Drawer spacer
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The Cottage has a generous front garden with maintained grassed area and Garden Furniture. There is a single farm style gate at the bottom of the drive way to make the garden enclosed. Utility Room: The property also benefits from an Infrared Sauna - Infrared Saunas have many health benefits, including Detoxification, Pain Relief, Relaxation, Anti-Aging & Skin Purification, Lower Blood Pressure, Cell Health, Weight Loss and Improved Circulation. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The Lets run from Saturday to Saturday, a full house clean, change of Bedding, Fresh towels, toilet rolls and cleaning materials are provided with every let. Other: The Conservatory has 2 relaxing armchairs and enjoys amazing Sea and Landscape Views. Its North Westerly outlook makes it a great sun trap often dawn to dusk sun light and beautiful sun rises - one of the best places to see the Northern Lights.