House in Symonds Yat West, Nr. Monmouth, - Peaceful, Safe Location With Great Views Yet Close To All Activities, Good Restaurants And Shops
Holly Tree House is a beautifully decorated and well equipped, quirky Victorian house, with accommodation arranged over three floors giving stunning views over the River Wye and up to famous Yat Rock. Eight bedrooms, six of which have ensuites, easily accommodate 20 people. There are two sitting rooms, each with an open fire and large bay window overlooking the River Wye. Or curl up in the snug, perfect for getting stuck into a good book. The fully equipped kitchen has everything you need and the dining room is light and airy with sliding doors that lead out onto the patio.The house is fully equipped (including Sky TV and WIFI) and a hot tub just adds to the fun and relaxation. Most importantly though it offers the perfect group accommodation for family get-togethers, special occasions, celebrations, reunions and fun, activity-based holidays, residing in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, close to Ross, Monmouth & the Forest of Dean. This year the range of activities and attractions situated literally on our doorstep has increased even more. You can simply enjoy the stunning scenery, local castles, golfing and great shopping - or if you're feeling more adventurous you can take to the river in a canoe, send the kids on a Go-Ape experience, cycle the forest trails or play Warfare Laser-Ops, or even have a day at the Races! There's plenty for everyone to enjoy, with a welcoming home to return to each evening where you can kick off your shoes and relax.
About the Owner
I'm Phil Smith, a local estate agent and the owner of Roscoe Rogers and Knight in Monmouth
Guestbook comments from the manager
"We had a brilliant time at Holly Tree House and will definitely be coming back" A.M. London.
"We all had a great time and the wonderful house was appreciated by all" S.B. Surrey.
"Thank you for a fabulous stay at Holly Tree House. We had a truly wonderful time, and it enabled us to all have a great catch up. All the children loved it too, and what an idyllic setting right next to the river. Perfect! We were very impressed with the facilities, space and goods at our disposal at the house." - The Robinsons party.
From the Owner
“Its just the perfect place. My parents used to take me here for Sunday lunch when I was a child. When the opportunity to buy and restore it became available I just couldn't resist”
Activity and Interests
Waitrose in Monmouth and Tesco in Hereford will deliver groceries to the door. Why not pre-order on-line for your day of arrival? Alternatively, for those special occasions, why not have someone else do all the work - we can recommend caterers. Good local restaurants close by. Individual shops and farmers markets close by at Ross and Monmouth.
Activities available nearby include Gorge Walking, Abseiling, Climbing and Caving; Canoeing, bicycle hire in the Forest of Dean, Walk through the tree-tops with Go Ape! Tree Top Adventure.
Laser Ops, 4x4 Outdoor Driving, and of course the opportunity to walk through stunning countryside and the Forest of Dean.
Butterfly World, The Maze and Miniature Golf all down the road at Symonds Yat West.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Dec 2016 - 9 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
To book please email the owner
Payment procedure is 25% upon booking with the remainder to be paid 8 weeks before due holiday date. We also require a small returnable deposit to cover breakages.
Change over days and arrival and departure times can be flexible depending on bookings.
Weekend, mid week and weekly rates are available, with children and pets welcome.
Notes on prices:
Great Special offers now on. Weekends December 6th and December 20th 2014 now reduced to £1,320 !!
Sister house now with all weekends in January at £1,400 and weekends in december at £1,500.
Contact us for more details.
25% deposit on confirmation of booking and balance 8 weeks before arrival
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“the peace, quiet, river, terrific walks from the door, the nearby pubs and restaurants and the many many activities right on the doorstep.”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 7 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 8 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- To view bedrooms and bathrooms please see floor plan.
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 24
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 24 (9 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Each bedroom is unique, six of which are en-suite (bath or shower). There are five double bedrooms, one twin room and two family rooms (twin beds and one set of children’s bunk beds). Also a sofa bed on the 2nd floor landing and two travel cots
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Outside: A hot tub for six is located in the terraced gardens. On the patio there is a charcoal fired BBQ and there is plenty of seating on the patio and wooden decking to take full advantage of the glorious views. Private parking is available adjacent to the house and can accommodate approximately 8 cars. Utility Room: Chest freezer, washing machine and dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen provided. Other: Fabulous wide entrance hall with original tiles and a grand staircase sets the tone for this exciting get-away. A house to have fun and relax in, children just love it!