Cottage in Chard, Somerset, England - Peaceful Location, Nr To Jurassic Coast
Situated in idyllic countryside nr the Devon, Dorset, Somerset border, The Annexe at Mistletoe Farm provides a spacious living area, comprising of 1 double bedroom, 1 twin, wc/ wet room, kitchen, lounge/3rd bedroom (with 2 double sofa beds). Immaculately decorated, it has a modern, country feel, with solid oak doors and flooring. The high beamed ceilings make it light and airy.
There is also additional accommodation in the studio, which has twin beds and is ensuite.
You can relax in the sun on your own patio with table and chairs. With views over the garden and the stables it is a real pleasure to stay in.
We are near to the Jurassic Coast and many beauty spots, such as the Blackdown hills and The Levels. We own a smallholding, with many horses, sheep and rare breed chickens. Children can help collect the eggs and you can buy some for your breakfast. There is a children's play area for guests and a heated pool and hot tub in the summer months. (May-Sept).
Dogs are accepted at £5 per dog per night..
About the Owner
Sandra and Paul live in the farm house next to the property. Paul is a farrier and Sandra is an ex show jumper Their son loves to show guests round and to show off his prize winning rare breed chickens and ducks.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Your farm was a wonderful place to stay. You, Paul & Sam provided1st class facilities & entertainment' Lynette
Perfect surroundings a welcomed arrival & we hope to visit again Hazel and Daniel
'Thanks for a very relaxing long weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay
& loved spending time with the animals. ' Helen and Ian
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
You can bring your horse to stay with us too as we offer livery. There are lots of wonderful walks from our door or nearby. Visit wonderful places locally, such as Ham Hill, Herne Hill or the coast. You can bring your dog too, so he/she can enjoy the walks with you.
We are approx 25 mins drive from Lyme Regis and Charmouth on the Jurassic Coast. Or you can visit the North Somerset coastline in under an hour
Mistletoe Farm is easily reached by car or public transport. There are frequent good rail links via Axminster, Taunton and Crewkerne (a pick up service can be arranged).The nearest airport is Exeter at 27 miles away (a 35 min drive).
Chard is 3 miles away. Taunton is approx. 12 miles away. We are 25 min drive to the Jurassic Coast.
We can cater for you for lunches, evening meals and barbecues. there are many lovely pubs nearby (nearest 3 miles away) or a restaurant only 1/2 mile away.
Chard has all the amenities you need and is only 3 miles away.
Taunton, the County town, is approx. 12 miles away, where you can find a wide range of shopping. Honiton, approx. 20 min drive is a wonderful town, full of independent shops and cafes. It is full of antiques shops, for all tastes and pockets.
Axminster, home of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is approx. 20 min drive away. He has his canteen there and there are a few other independent shops.
Lyme Regis and Charmouth on the stunning Jurassic Coast are only 25 mins away.
Additional pricing information
We require 50% deposit (cheque only) to confirm your booking. The balance is due on arrival-by cash or cheque only. We can only confirm your booking once we have received the 50% deposit.
We can offer short breaks. Please contact us for pricing.
Saturday but this is flexible. Arrival- after 12pm, departure, 10am
Notes on prices:
Prices are for weekly stays. Please contact us for pricing on short breaks.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Heated Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Wet room-shower and wc Ensuite in the studio, shower and wc
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Sofa bed/Futon, These are in the lounge as extra sleeping capacity
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, This is opposite the annexe, across the yard in the studio.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (2 Bedrooms plus sofa beds in lounge) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with twin beds, lounge with 2 double sofa beds There is additional sleeping capacity in the studio, opposite the annexe across the yard. It has twin beds and is ensuite.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We can provide a cot. Outside: We have extensive gardens and areas for the animals. We have a large area for our rare breed chickens that you can explore. We have a heated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub (available May-Sept). These are shared with our guests. We can provide barbecue meals. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included but please bring your own towels for swimming/hot tub