Cottage in St Michel de Montjoie, Nr. Vire, Manche, Normandy, France - Beautiful Countryside, Walking Distance To Village With Shop And Bar, Outdoor Pool
We look forward to welcoming you to Les Bourdonnieres, a very comfortable two bedroom, two bathroom stone cottage with its own garden and parking and use of our large above ground shared pool. Our family live just across the garden so you have nearly an acre of private land around the gite to explore, but we are within reach if you should need anything! We are within walking distance of our village which has a small shop, bar, church and museum. There is a local market in one of the nearby towns or villages on most days of the week and the surrounding countryside is very beautiful with many walks and cycle paths. We are within easy distance of larger towns which provide large supermarkets and other shops for all your needs. There are many historic places to visit (Mont St Michel, D-Day Beaches, St Laurent du Cuves (Papillion du Nuit Festival), Falaise, Bayeux, Caen, Avranches, Granville and St Malo) and numerous family activities (accrobranches, ice-skating, aquapark, tennis, luge, beaches, bowling, karting, laser games, skateboard park etc) nearby. We welcome children and well-behaved pets, and are happy to help with any necessary vet appointments. We have children ourselves so are always willing to give advice as to suitable attractions nearby. Please do ask if you have any specific requirements or questions to help you make your holiday choice. Elly and Duncan
Top Traveller Review
A beautiful stone cottage in the heart of Normandy
About the Owner
(2 traveller reviews)
A beautiful stone cottage in the heart of Normandy
We have just returned from a lovely relaxing stay in this beautifully refurbished stone cottage which is within easy access of both the Normandy countryside and coast. The lovely, friendly owners Elly and Duncan live in the adjacent property with their two children and are always on hand should you need any advice on what to visit, places to eat etc but are respectful of your privacy and go out of their way to ensure that your stay is as enjoyable as possible. We would highly recommend this cottage to both families and couples. Our dog also had a wonderful stay, as we took full advantage of the garden space and woodland beyond for walks.
Great gite, fabulous location
We have just spent the most fabulous time at this gite. The owners, Elly and Duncan, were right next door if we needed them but otherwise left us to our own devices.They were incredibly friendly and more than happy to assist with any questions we had about the local area. And what a fabulous area! Les Bourdonnières is in the middle of nowhere, with no mobile connection, but close enough to local villages and larger towns, and only 40 minutes to the beach at Carolles, which was beautiful, safe and with a lifeguard. There were mostly French people there the day we went, which is endorsement enough for us! The gite itself is excellent and offered us plenty of space. The bedrooms were large and comfortable. The whole place was spotlessly clean. The children were particularly pleased that they could watch British TV in the evenings. The supermarket is just a short drive away at Brécey and is well-stocked! This place comes highly recommended by us!
Activity and Interests
We are about 40 minutes to the coast (Granville) Mont St Michel etc
A car is recommended as we are in the countryside, but once here the village has a shop and bar within walking distance (less than a km). Dinard airport is an hour's drive away, while Caen ferry port is just over an hour away, with Cherbourg about 1.5 hours drive away
Vire - 10 km
Brecey - 6 km
Normandy Beaches, Caen Memorial, Bayeux Tapestry, Lisieux, Mont St Michel, St Malo, Granville, Golf, Fishing, Ice-skating, horse-riding, zoo, boating lakes
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2017 - 31 May 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We require a 15% deposit at the time of booking and then full payment 2 weeks before arrival
Changeover day is usually Saturday although we will aim to be flexible if at all possible.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to Bedroom 1 (with bath, WC and basin), En-suite shower room to Bedroom 2 (with shower cubicle, WC and basin)
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with twin beds, room in both bedrooms for a further single bed if required, or cot
- Notes on accommodation: We look forward to welcoming you to Les Bourdonnieres. Children and pets are welcome. Outside: We have a 16ft above ground swimming pool in the grounds for you to enjoy and there is a private barbecue area with sun furniture for your sole use. The property is surrounded by lovely countryside and is private for your holiday, but within very easy access of our family home should you need anything! Utility Room: iron and ironing board, all cleaning equipment, use of washing machine in main house, all cooking/dining equipment Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and bedlinen are included and are changed weekly, evening meals available on request