House / Villa in Windermere, Lake District, Cumbria, England - 4 Bedroom - Up To 8 People
New House is a 4 bedroom self catering, detached holiday home located in the Lake District town of Windermere. Created in 1996 by local craftsmen, this large property is the perfect modern, boutique living for self catering groups of up to 8 people. Modern and sophisticated, the house is located on a quiet, residential road, minutes from the town centre and local attractions. Visit our location page to find out more about what there is to see and do in the local area. Externally the house sits stunningly with it's own driveway along with further parking on the roadside and it's own landscape gardens. It's obvious from the moment you see the house that the design and build is of the highest quality and done by people who care and want this to be your 'home away from home'. Inside the house, this attention to detail continues with the range of furnishings, soft and otherwise, having been carefully chosen by the owners displaying their obvious flair for interior design. Sumptuous sofas, luxurious duck and down bedding smothered in Egyptian cotton linens create an almost 'boutique accommodation' ambience throughout, all complimented by personally chosen accessories and modern day must haves. The lounge is the perfect place for couples to cosy up on one of the deep cushion leather settees in front of the open fire. The dining area is ideal for a group of people to eat together either before exploring the sights of the Lake District or simply staying in and enjoying good company. Or why not open the luxurious french doors out into the patio and enjoy the Windermere air at the garden furniture? New House is a non smoking holiday home and no pets are allowed.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Lake Windermere is perhaps the best know area in the Lake District and is in easy reach. The lake stretches over 10 miles in length and the largest lake in England. Reaching from Waterhead, near the busy village of Ambleside, to Lakeside and the Aquarium of the Lakes and Lakeland Motor Museum at its narrow southern end. One of the steamers is a great way to see this stunning Lake. Alternatively there are many walks around the area for all different levels and some of the most majestic peaks in England can be conquered.
Windermere & Bowness have good public transport links serviced by Windermere train station and local bus routes. The train station itself has a direct routes from the west coast mainline service that runs the length of the UK from Glasgow and Edinburgh to London or Manchester airport. By road, Windermere is only 20 minutes from Junction 36 on the M6.
Windermere has excellent amenities and a good selection of shops, restaurants and bars all within easy reach. Whereas Bowness has more bars and restaurants, a cinema and direct access to the Lake itself either on one of the many hire boats available or by taking a trip on one of the lake steamers.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner.
Short breaks available between November and March for a minimum of 3 nights.
Ideally Saturday especially in Peak season, but please contact me as depending on other bookings and the time of year this can be altered.
Notes on prices:
Short breaks from £450
A week from £690
Prices vary depending on time of year, please contact me for more information. Thank you.
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- The Master bedroom has a well equipped en-suite with Jacuzzi bath, separate shower and heated towel rails.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The Master bedroom has a king size bed and a well equipped en-suite with Jacuzzi bath, separate shower and heated towel rails. The other bedrooms consist of a spacious double bed, and 2 twin beds - one with separate galleried seating area.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Please note all duck n' down quilts at the cottage but hollow fibre available on request. Outside: Externally the house sits stunningly with it's own driveway along with further parking on the roadside and it's own landscape gardens. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble drier Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are provided Other: The dining area is ideal for a group of people to eat together either before exploring the sights of the Lake District or simply staying in and enjoying good company.