Villa in St Georges, Grenada, Caribbean - Villa With Beach At The Bottom Of The Garden, Opening Onto Very Pretty Bay Facing Due South
5 of the double bedrooms open out onto the horizon pool sun deck,the 6th is in a closely located separate cottage within the same premise. 4 double beds, 2 twin. Large comprehensively equipped kitchen breakfast room adjacent to dining room leading into atrium lounge. This in turn opens out to the pool deck and sun lounge area. 2 gazebos with outside dining area for 12. Full time maid and manager. Gardener, pool attendant. Regular guide and taxi driver available. Situated next to a small beach overlooking a very attractive bay facing due South.
About the Owner
The owner, a retired surgeon and Royal Navy officer sailed across the Atlantic to Grenada in 1984. He need to repair his yacht so spent may years travelling back across the ocean,eventually falling in love with the island and it's charming people,and built Nutmegbay Villa.
He maintains the property to the highest standards,and is greatly concerned with the welfare and happiness of the staff,which in turn reflects upon their efforts to ensure that all guests thoroughly relax and enjoy the time spent in Grenada and in Nutmegbay in particular
Guestbook comments from the owner
A guest comment book---now so quickly filled that we are on our 5th----is kept at the villa,all reports being glowing with praise and satisfaction,the only complaint being the desire to stay longer and not go home!
From the Owner
“Having been virtually shipwrecked upon Grenada after a stormy Atlantic crossing,it was necessary to spend years working to repair the vessel, so a small cottage was bought, and lived in, on the then isolated site . Nutmegbay Villa now stands on the same location but a much larger site The site is peaceful, isolated, private, and yet with easy access to all facilities, restaurants, bars and social life.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Grenada is a very special Caribbean island with an enormous variety of interesting things to do.
It has tropical rain forests,fantastic white sand beaches, sailing, diving, scuba,cycling exploring---and very friendly smiling people!
There is a small beach at the bottom of the garden facing out onto a small but attractive bay. Within 1.5 miles is Grande Anse bay which has one of the most beautiful, and often deserted, white sand beaches in the Caribbean
Airport 10 minutes drive away. Local taxi's are easily available and the villa employs as one of it's gardeners, a full time driver with his own large taxi.
car hire is also easy to arrange and can be done through the villa manager
Local shopping centre at Grande Anse is approximately 1.5 miles away, and St. George, the capital of Grenada ,5 miles
A list of recommended restaurants and places of interest is kept at the villa,but as these evolve all the time the manager will discuss with guests their individual preferences and make recommendations. The taxi driver will also do guided tours of the island (well recommended), which can be "tailor made" to suite each guest group
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £276 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Reservations can be made direct with the owner,or through the manager
Details of the rental charges,and calendar giving availability are also on the site
The minimum duration of stay is 1 week, but thereafter additional days can be requested subject to availability
Notes on prices:
Prices are in US$ per 7 days, and are based upon the number of guests and the bedrooms used.
1 June to 30 Nov. 1st Dec, to 31st May
1-2 guests 1 room. 2500 3000
3-4 " 2 rooms. 3250 3750
5-6 " 3 rooms. 4000 4500
7-8 " 4 rooms. 4500 5000
9-10 " 5 rooms. 5000 5500
11-12 " 6 rooms. 6000 6500
From 19 Dec to 9 Jan US$ 7000 for up to 10 guests, US$ 7500 for up to 12 guests
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“To have the use of a facility which allows gathering of large groups of family and friends is a real privilege, and to be able to wander down to the beach ,plunge into the pool or go for a local walk in peace and safety a remarkable way of enjoying a perfect holiday”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Car Available
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- All bathrooms have showers. Bathroom 5 has a bath All bathrooms have own WC
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1. Double bed en-suite bathroom, cloakroom Bedroom 2. Double bed plus bathroom. Bedroom 3. Twin beds plus bathroom. Bedroom 4. Twin beds plus bathroom. Bedroom 5. Double bed. En-suite bathroom Bedroom 6 Double bed Separate Building
- Golf ...
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Catering available
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Each of the bedrooms 1 to 5 open out onto the pool sun deck by their individual doors. There are showers on the pool deck also. A/c is individual room controlled The rooms are individually decorated each being different with matching bed covers and wall colours and paintings Outside: Approached by flower and tree bordered driveway,the property is surrounded by shrubs,trees and lawns sloping down to the beach in the Southerly direction and across a large lawn to the North. It is in a cul-de-sac so no passing traffic The pool is semi-circular, with horizon aspect looking over the bay, 40feet by 14feet, depth 5 ft 6 inches to 2 feet. Professionally maintained. Utility Room: Separate laundry room with washing machine,tumble drier and drying and ironing facilities Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels--both bathroom and pool provided. All linen provided. Full time maid service,and manager. Personal laundry provided upon request. Property cleaned very week day Other: Separate visitors toilet room in the entrance hall. Stairs up to veranda above pool sun deck 2 gazebos, one at each end of the pool. Storage room under the pool