4 bed Family Home From Home or Ideal For 3 Couples. Easy Access To All The Delights Of The Region.
If it is peace and quiet you are seeking, beneath cobalt Provençal skies, accompanied by birdsong and the distant bray of a donkey across the valley, then this is the villa for you. Safely within a gated, wooded hillside Domaine with tennis court, this is very much a comfortable family home from home. It offers easy living, Wi-Fi, Sky TV, a video & dvd library and a well equipped new kitchen. The master bedroom with balcony and en suite bathroom have recently been converted to create a tranquil room with a view at the top of the villa. The pool and beautiful gardens also offer complete privacy and a welcome relief from the strains and stresses of everyday life. Yet within short driving distance is the cloistered square of 14th Century Valbonne, with its buzzing cafes, restaurants and popular Friday morning market. Shopping for food in nearby Opio is a leisurely pleasure. The hilltop villages of Gourdon, St Paul de Vence and Moujins beckon, as do the perfume houses of Grasse - all within a fifteen minute or so drive from the villa. Or head south to the beaches of Cote d'Azur for water sports and chic places to eat or shop. The gardens at the villa are tended and the pool is serviced weekly in summer. Our local English house manager is to hand and, with notice, can provide ready cooked meals or catering for a special event. The swimming pool has an alarm system which can be activated when small children are staying at the villa. Children should be supervised at all times near the pool. A cot with linen and a high chair are also available for guest use.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are a professional couple who live in Hampshire, England. We have travelled for work and pleasure around the world so have a clear understanding of what we, and our guests, are looking for when renting a home from home, comfortable property. Call or email us if you have any specific queries. Our villa is overseen by an efficient English manager who is also based in Valbonne.
5 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
Pretty tranquil villa, with all the home comforts, we had a great holiday, we visited many beautiful places but always enjoyed coming back to the villa, thankyou to Georgina and family you have a lovely home. Thankyou from the Firmans.
What a relaxing week next to a beautiful pool!
Les Sangliers is exactly as it is described and we had a truly relaxing week next to its stunning pool. Family of 5 having a rare moment with all of us together in one place for a whole week it was just perfect. The covered dining/barbecue area outside was a good place to shelter from the intense heat midday and the house itself was very comfortable. Thank-you for the the lovely tastes of Provence that greeted us - felt really spoilt. Valbonne nearby wasn't even in the guide book and offered winding streets and lots of local eateries and markets to explore. The Alpes-Maritimes within 30 minutes drive were a revelation too - love to return in the cooler months for walking that stunning landscape. There was a real welcome at Les Sangliers and we had a great week - thank-you! The Jollans Family
What a superb spot you have found with Les Sangliers, and how superbly appointed in all respects-beautifully equipped kitchen, wonderfully comfortable beds, huge garden, pool and bbq area -Fantastic.
The position is perfect for whatever sort of holiday one is seeking-in the middle of the Cote D'Azur yet totally secluded in ancient woodland.
It was a real joy to eat in the garden. or to drive a short distance to one of the many picturesque villages with their infinite variety of restaurants and golf courses.
A truly magical place-many thanks.
Les Sangliers is the most perfect holiday retreat. Welcoming, comfortable and tranquil, it is the perfect antidote to the hurly burly of the modern world. The villa itself is lovingly cared for by the owners and a real home from home. The pool is gorgeous, whilst sitting outside with a glass of wine, looking over the French countryside as the sun sets, is simply heaven on earth. It is quite easy to spend a week just relaxing, recharging those batteries and not venturing out.
If you are more adventurous, the surrounding area is full of treats and surprises, from the amazing Matisse Chapel at Vence to the internationally-renowned restaurant La Colombe d'Or. The French Riviera is close by and it is worth visiting the fashionable Juan Les Pins resort, immortalised in the Peter Sarstedt song, Where Did You Go To My Lovely?
The owners love their villa and look after it impeccably. There is also an efficient management system in place, so that if anything goes wrong, it is fixed at once. Highly recommended on every level.
We've just had the most perfect holiday at Les Sangliers. With teenaged daughters working on their suntan on the most comfortable loungers at the lovely big swimming pool, a game of tennis at the end of the day just down the road, great cycling routes for those who enjoy that challenge, table tennis and even a homemade cricket bat, it's all there for the sporty guests. The house is beautiful, and the garden even more so. The photos show exactly how lovely this place is. Well secluded, situated in a beautiful domaine, shops nearby, Valbonne nearby. Thank you very much. We felt very much at home in your home from home.
We had a superb stay at Villa Les Sangliers. A beautiful and idilic property within a stunning location. A short drive from the town, beaches and shops yet the Villa feels secluded and private. The pool and outside are is perfect for a summer stay, with a great BBQ area and the ideal sunbathing spot! The Villa itself is spacious, well furnished including everything you would need for a week away.
A perfect holiday in a perfect place, thank you.
From the Owner
“We bought and helped to design our villa and garden when it was built in 1986. We wanted somewhere to escape with our family and our friends. We love the area because it is within such close reach of the fabulous Cote d'Azur beaches as well as the mountain villages and markets of Alpes Maritimes. There is a plethora of golf courses to enjoy nearby. And being within such easy reach of Valbonne means that a baguette for lunch or a cup of coffee in the Square is never more than a 5 minute drive away.”
Activity and Interests
20-30 minute drive to the Cote d'Azur - the delights of the many popular beaches at Antibes, Cannes and Nice are all within easy access.
Nice airport is a 30 minute drive from the villa. Car hire essential.
Valbonne and Opio are both a five minute drive from the villa. Grasse is a twenty minute drive away. The hilltop villages of Gourdon, St Paul de Vence and Mougins are each a 15-20 minute drive. The glass blowing centre of Biot is a 10 minute drive.
Details of local shops, restaurants, supermarkets, galleries and places of local interest and leisure activities are all available in the Guest Information File inside the villa.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Mar 2017 - 27 May 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
28 May 2017 - 1 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Jul 2017 - 16 Sep 2017
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
17 Sep 2017 - 28 Oct 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£547|
Contact owner direct for your booking requirements. A 50% non refundable deposit is requested upon confirmation of booking. 650 Euros returnable deposit is also payable on booking, which is returned within 7 days from check out. Full payment is required 28 days prior to check in.
The villa is let weekly, from Saturday to Saturday. Check in time 1600, Check out time 0930.
Notes on prices:
We are happy to rent the villa for longer than 2 week periods. If you would like to rent the villa for longer than 14 days, please contact us and we will offer you a 10% discount. Any early bird bookings for 2 weeks made before 1st April 2016 will receive a 10% discount.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The peaceful woodland setting with far reaching views to the sea, the exceptional garden and pool, and the home from home comfortable atmosphere in the villa is what we love best about being there. We can either curl up with a good book or go out to our favourite restaurants and we are happy.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- golf pass optional
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Spacious en suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with basin, double ended bath & walk in shower. Separate wc. En suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with bath/hand held shower, 2 basins, bidet & wc. En suite shower room & basin to twin bedroom 3. Separate wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (2 ensuite doubles, 1 twin, 1 single) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, en-suite bathroom with double bath, shower, separate wc & private balcony. Bedroom 2 with double bed and en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 3 with twin beds and shower room. Bedroom 4 small single room with separate wc & basin.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is well presented and recently decorated throughout. The villa has been our family home in France since it was built over 25 years ago. It has interiors lovingly created with a professional eye, which we are delighted to share with guests. Fresh Provençal style fabrics and restored antique furniture, retrieved from local markets, feature in most rooms. If you are looking for a comfortable, peaceful haven in a fabulous garden with a pool in which you can swim lengths or simply splash around with the children, this is the villa for you. But if you are looking for something post modern and uber-smart, where the décor and furnishings are so perfect that you are afraid to relax and simply put your feet up, then this is not the villa for you. What we offer is home from home comfort, in beautiful surroundings, with easy access to all the pleasures of the region. Outside: The 3,000 sq metres of gardens at the villa are one of its greatest features, including a roomy lower lawn where football can be played. There is a well equipped BBQ with table & chairs (for 8), tiled terraces surround the house and the 12 metre private swimming pool, which can be heated outside the summer season at extra cost. The pool has a security alarm system which can be activated when children are staying at the villa. There are sun loungers (for 6/7) as well as table tennis available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included, plus swimming pool towels. The property is cleaned at the start/end of each 7-day rental. If you are staying for longer than one week, additional cleaning and a weekly linen change can also be arranged at extra cost. Other: Covered outdoor BBQ with chimney & utility sink, dining table & chairs to seat 8, overlooking the swimming pool and garden, ideal for long lazy lunches and memorable dinners. Spot light for evening use of BBQ & chandelier above table with dimmer switch.