Cottage in Sardis, Nr. Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire, Wales - Rural Setting Within Easy Reach Of Towns, Beaches And Other Local Attractions
Upper Thurston is no longer a working farm and today comprises the main house, around 4 acres of land & outbuildings. The Cottage is a recently completed and strikingly attractive renovation of an old stable block. Access is down a lane designated as a bridle path serving us and 3 other properties. There is no through route, so it is the epitome of the quiet, peaceful rural retreat. That doesn’t mean complete isolation; all the facilities required for modern living are either on site or within easy reach by car and the activities for which Pembrokeshire is famous (beaches, water sports, horse riding, walking, cycling, fishing, diving etc.) are likewise accessible.
Top Traveller Review
Immaculate rural retreat
About the Owner
Phil, Steve and Lyn are the owners of The Cottage and have lived at Upper Thurston since 1991. We are a family concern and all live on site. We are available to provide helpful, friendly advice and information, should it be needed during your stay.
1 holidaymaker review
From the Owner
“The Cottage is a modern property, sympathetically converted from a stable in 2012. Pembrokeshire exerts a strong pull. Move away, as we did and you feel the urge to return. An opportunity to do so and buy a characterful property with land in a pleasant rural setting, down a quiet private lane was not to be resisted. Our location in the centre of the county gives easy access to all the facilities and activities for which the area is famed (beaches, walking, cycling, birdwatching, fishing etc.). We love it; you will too.”
Activity and Interests
Our central position makes all the stunning beaches and rugged coastline of Pembrokeshire open to our visitors – most of the key beaches in the county are within 20 miles and many a lot closer. The Milford Haven waterway where the activities of a large port give way upstream to the tranquillity of the two branches of the river Cleddau is no more than an hour’s walk away.
We are around 1 ½ hours west of Cardiff and 2 hours from the Severn bridge (via M4). We are approximately 1 ½ hours south from Aberystwyth and 3 or 4 hours from most of the Midlands. We recommend you bring a car, but, if you intend spending all your time in the immediate area, you might consider taking the train to Haverfordwest station (6 miles) or Pembroke Dock (5 miles) where taxis are readily available. A 2-hourly bus service (Mon-Sat) runs during the day from Sardis Cross (½ mile).
3 miles from Neyland (marina, pubs, small-scale shopping), Burton (riverside pub) and Llangwm.
6 miles by road to Haverfordwest (county town with usual amenities) and Milford Haven (town amenities, docks and marina area with numbers of pubs and restaurants).
15 miles from the resort towns of Tenby and Saundersfoot, and Narberth (good range of independent shops and cafés specializing in artisan food).
Haverfordwest has a range of amenities including banks, post office, library with internet facilities, supermarkets, M&S, pubs, restaurants, filling stations, chemists, doctors. A Farmers’ Market is held every Friday beside the river offering excellent local produce.
Pembrokeshire offers the visitor a range of quality activities, many in the immediate locality; walking, birdwatching, surfing, kayaking, diving, coasteering, sailing, fishing, climbing, horse riding, mountain biking and others are all available amongst superb coastal, river and rural scenery. You don’t have to be busy; just relaxing is permissible, even encouraged.
The rich cultural heritage of the area affords opportunities for visiting ancient sites, some dating from prehistoric times. The large number of mediaeval castles (Pembroke, Carew, Manorbier, Llawhaden and many more) are well worth visiting and there are plenty of activities for younger people with some of Wales’ top attractions close by.
There are cinemas and/or theatres in Milford Haven, Haverfordwest, Narberth, Tenby and Fishguard for arts entertainment.
There are pubs, bars and restaurants in Pembrokeshire to suit all tastes and pockets, and some takeaways offer a delivery service. The Cottage is located near a number of licensed premises & there are local taxi services should they be required.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Nov 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Christmas & New Year
23 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
1. All prices are approximate. Contact us & let us know the dates you require . We will confirm availability, give you a firm quotation & make a provisional booking.
2. The minimum stay is 3 nights.
3. Ignore the minimum price displayed; this has been miscalculated by Owners Direct & we have no control over it. Please contact us for an accurate tariff for short stays.
4. Send us £200 (cheque/BACS transfer) within 7 days & your booking is secure. The deposit is returnable on request up to 4 weeks before arrival.
5. The balance is due 4 weeks in advance of of arrival.
6. Receipt of all payments will be acknowledged.
7. Last minute bookings can be paid in full on arrival.
This is normally Friday, but we will try to be flexible; ask if you want something different. Guests will be able arrive after 16:00 and be required to leave by 10:00 on the day of departure.
Remember that we're flexible. If our standard periods don't suit your requirements let us know & we'll try to work something out.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Even though we’re in a remote location with all the peace and quiet that implies, we’re only 6 miles away from the county town of Haverfordwest. We also have a 10Mbit/sec broadband connection, much faster than is usual for rural properties, so you can be simultaneously ‘away from it all’ and ‘in touch’. There’s a courtyard in front of the cottage with plenty of parking space; towing a boat? – we can accommodate you. Trailer loaded with bikes? – no problem. There’s excellent walking and cycling on our doorstep; you won’t need to drive anywhere first and, for the wildlife enthusiast, a wide variety can be found within easy reach.”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- Ground Floor Wet Room - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower Room for Bedroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Toilet & Washbasin for Bedroom 1 - Toilet
- Both bedrooms have en-suite facilities. Bedroom 1 has a shower, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail, bedroom 2 has a wash basin, WC and heated towel rail. There is a wet room on the ground floor with a large, walk-in shower, wash basin and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Both upstairs bedrooms carpeted, tastefully decorated and furnished. Bedroom 1 is a double featuring exposed stonework on the wall shared with the main house. Bedroom 2 has twin beds.
- Notes on accommodation: 1. The Cottage has gas-fired underfloor central heating. Heating costs are included in the price. 2. The Cottage is a ‘No Smoking’ property. 3. Children are welcome, but we make no particular provision. If you need a cot, high chair or other equipment, please bring your own. 4. Pets are not permitted. 5. In view of our rural location and limited public transport links, a car is considered necessary. Outside: There is a gravel courtyard directly outside the cottage, accessed through a gate, with plenty of space for up to 4 cars and/or trailers. A paved patio area with bench furniture is provided. Guests are able to use the paddock opposite for supervised play. There is a rotary washing line for guests’ use. Utility Room: There is a utility area leading off the kitchen with a washing machine and Belfast sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen: The cottage is cleaned on changeover. All linen and towels are provided with the exception of beach towels. Beds will be made up ready for your arrival. Other: There is free Wi-Fi/Internet access. Child stair gates are available. There is a vacuum cleaner.