Apartment in Palomares, Almeria Andalucia, Spain - Peaceful Location, 10 Minutes Walk To The Beach, 5 Minutes Walk To The Village
Delightful 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment with private patio area to the rear in a small gated community. Apartment is finished to a high standard and stylishly furnished with all "mod cons" TV, DVD player and Wii gaming console. To the side is a communal pool with plenty of sunbathing space. There is underground parking which is secure with a key fob. Walking distance from a quiet sandy beach with beach bars during the summer. The village centre is a 5 minute walk with everything you need from friendly Spanish/English bars, cafes, restaurants, mini supermarket, Bakery and pharmacy. Nearby attractions include, Vera Water Park and beautiful blue flag beaches. Golfers can enjoy 4 excellent golf courses including the famous Desert Springs resort course which is a 5 minute drive away. Garrucha is nearby to stroll along the prom where at night there is a small market selling leather goods and gifts. A must visit is the Sunday market and Villaricos, a quaint fishing village just a 15 minute walk away. The Resort of Mojacar and its ancient white hilltop village is nearby. Our apartment is ideally located for exploring this beautiful unspoilt area and is ideal for a relaxing holiday for families/couples or as a golfing holiday.
About the Owner
About Craig Gee
We are a family, self employed Builder in the UK and Deputy Headteacher - we use this apartment as our own holiday home 4 weeks of the year. The rest of the year is available and needs to be enjoyed and used - we have had many happy holidays here.
Craig Gee purchased this apartment in 2008
Why Craig Gee chose
Lovely and quiet, Spanish village, traditional without the hussle and bustle of the main resorts. family holiday destination. near excellent golf courses. Lots to do and see. Superb weather.
From the Owner
“Lovely and quiet, Spanish village, traditional without the hussle and bustle of the main resorts. family holiday destination. near excellent golf courses. Lots to do and see. Superb weather.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Scuba diving - It is also possible to scuba diving in Villaricos / Carbonares. We can recommend several dive shops nearby who are able to help plan your dives. Mountain biking, there are a number of bike hire shops in the area where you can hire a bike for the day. Horse riding - there are several riding schools nearby who can cater for all abilities. Hill walking - there are a number of walks with varying degrees of difficulty nearby covering this historic region. Skiing - although the Sierra Nevada mountains are 2.5 hour drive away, they are accessible during the winter for skiing. Why not try a 2 centre holiday?
The nearest sandy beach is 10-15 minutes walk with with 2 beach bars. Mojacar Sandy beach with water sports is 15km drive. Villaricos is also walkable at 1.2km away, with beautiful Sandy beaches great for snorkeling and a beach bar. Continue on the road to San Juan and there are some lovely safe cove's including "Cala Panizo", which is very quiet with crystal clear waters, with a a gentle shelving beach great for children and snorkeling.
Almeria Airport 50 miles (45 min) served by Easyjet, First Choice and Monarch. Murcia 115 miles (1hr 15 min) served by BMI Baby, Easyjet, Monarch, Ryanair. Alicante 130 miles (2hrs) served by Monarch, BMI Baby, EasyJet, Jet2, Ryanair.
Our apartment is within a 5 minute walk of the village centre and is only a 5 minute walk from the nearest bar/restaurant. Vera Water Park is a 5 minute drive and open from May to September
Mojacar Pueblo - 15km Historical & scenic hilltop town with narrow streets, restaurants, bars, souvenir shops & excellent views.
Garrucha 6km - Fishing town with large street market every Friday, variety of shops, restaurants & banks & evening market on promenade in summer and Go Karting on the outskirts.
Within the village there are a number of English and Spanish bars/restaurants offering excellent "Menu Del Dia" (menu of the day) typically with 3 course for between 8-10 euro per person. We would recommend 1) Tapas 102 in the village square for authentic tapas and pizza's, 2) Oasis Bar where you will receive a warm welcome with great food and Sky Sports (if you are missing a big match) - 5 minutes from the apartment. 3) Dolce Casa in Palomares - fantastic food, Sky TV 4) In total there are 12 different bars in Palomares where beer can be bought at 1Euro a bottle! There is also a pharmacy, 3 x small supermarkets, patisserie, 2 banks, butchers, fresh fish shop in the village. A large Consum supermarket is only a 5 minute drive which is next to the waterpark. The waterpark in Vera is great for children both small and older children, offering fantastic rides as well as a water fountain area with smaller slides for toddlers. A car is not essential but is recommended if you wish to explore the many secluded coves and surrounding area. We have found that in this region the prices for eating out and drinking are lower than the more traditional locations.
- Booking Notes:
7 days minimum booking
Meet and Greet on arrival.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath/shower over, sink, wc, bidet. Bathroom 2 with shower, sink and wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with bunk beds and a single bed (sleeps 3) with adjoining bathroom Ceiling Fans Sofa bed in lounge
- Golf ...
- Outside: There is a South facing rear private patio with a round table and 4 chairs. where you can enjoy all day sunshine. 2 sun loungers are provided. There is a shared pool that is open early April until late October that can also be used for a quiet evening swim. There is also a toddler's pool which is separately gated. Outside shower facilities are available x 3 and a wc and changing area by the pool. It is very quiet and you will certainly be on your own at times in the pool. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are included. Apartment is cleaned before arrival. The towels provided are for use in the apartment only. Please take your own towels for the pool and beach. Other: The outside rear patio has a table and 4 chairs and 2 sun loungers. There is also a water tap and hose. Outside lighting Car park underground (secure) accessed from steps at the side of the pool Secure, gated complex