House in Gouarec, Cotes D'Armor, Brittany, France
Our four double bedroomed house is based in the centre of Gouarec opposite a pizzeria, and a two minute walk from the canal, which has a well maintained tow-path for walking and cycling, and also a launch ramp for the canoes. Just a 20 minute cycle ride away is Bon Repos Abbey which has a Sunday market and a bar/cafe, fantastic for eating al fresco. The village has a few bakeries, a supermarket and a selection of bars. A swimming pool is available just a 5 minute walk from the house. Upon entry to the house, the hallway stores 4 adult bicycles, and to the left is a downstairs shower room and toilet. The ground floor has a large lounge with ample seating and a single bed. There is also a large dining table which seats six. Upstairs, there are four double bedrooms over two floors. In the courtyard there is a patio table/chairs and a gas BBQ, and a storage/utility room housing three canoes with life jackets.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Family of five who first visited Gouarec 16 years ago. Fell in love with the village, so when an opportunity arrived to purchase a house there we done so without hesitation. We have had many lovely holidays and have enjoyed exploring the area.
1 holidaymaker review
We had a very relaxing stay in this beautiful village. Accommodation lived up to the description, fabulous outside dining, well equipped, comfortable and clean. Stunning walks, fabulous landscapes, highly recommended. We will certainly return in the near future.
From the Owner
“We bought a property in this location as it is a very quiet and peaceful village. With the canal only a short walk away it was perfect for walking, cycling and canoeing which the whole family enjoy. Only a ten minute drive away is lac de guerledan where we spend a lot of time on the beach as it is safe for children with a designated swimming area. You can rent out fishing boats and pedal boats and they also do water skiing lessons. In June 2014 there is also a indoor swimming pool opening which is a 5 minute walk away. It is an easy 1 and a half hour drive from St Malo, which rarely sees traffic, always hassle free.”
Activity and Interests
Lac de Guerledan is 10 minute drive where there are three sandy beaches, water skiing, pedalos, fishing, swimming, restaurants etc.
Swimming pool is 5 mins walk away.
Walking down the canal and choosing a nice place to sit and have a picnic is lovely.
The port of St Malo is no more than 1 hour 45 mins away with the airport of Dinard and Brest only 1 hour 30 mins. Ryanair fly every day from Stansted and East Midlands to Dinard. With economy flights, this adds another option to perhaps fly and then hire a car.
The little village called Perret is no more than 10 mins drive, this has a small bar where you pre order your bread etc. An easy 20 minute bike ride will bring you to the Bon Repos Abbey on the Nante-Brest canal. There is a bar/cafe here. They also have a Sunday market where you can buy food and crafts.
Good for those who prefer a more active type of holiday break - canoeing, water skiing, walking, cycling, fishing etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
12 Sep 2016 - 1 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
30% of the rental charge must be paid (as non-refundable deposit) on booking and the balance will be due 6 weeks before the date of the first day of the rental period. A security deposit of £200 will also be charged and returned within 2 weeks of the end of your stay. If the booking is due to start within a 6 week period then the full rental charge is due.
Change over day is Saturday, this can be flexible. Arrival after 4pm and departure by 10am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Close to everything; bakery, supermarket, hairdressers, pizzeria, bars, swimming pool, canal for fishing and canoeing. Two families can stay with plenty of room and still have privacy. The house is right in the middle of the village.”
- Away From It All
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- bird watching
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Ground floor shower room and toilet. En suite bathroom in loft area.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 – king size bed (DVD TV in this room) Bedroom 2 - double bed Bedroom 3 - 2 single beds Bedroom 4 - situated in loft space, 1 double bed and 1 single bed with en suite bathroom facilities Single bed also located in lounge.
- Bicycles ...
- Kayak / Canoe
- 4 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: No pets, non smoking. There are electric radiators in the bedrooms and the open fire (to be replaced with wood burning stove) is ample heating for the property. Outside: Courtyard with gas BBQ, patio table and 6 chairs (umbrella). Gets the sun all afternoon. There is a local swimming pool opening in June 2014 within 5 minutes walks. Utility Room: Washing machine Tumble dryer. Fridge (for beer!) ironing board and iron 3 canoes with life jackets sun loungers beach equipment Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and bath/hand towels included. House will be cleaned before arrival. Bookings for 2 weeks will have a clean included during the stay.