Studio in Towednack, Nr. St Ives, Cornwall, England - Excellent For Walking, Birdwatching,painting, St Ives Beaches, Surfing, Restaurants, The Tate
Zennor Studio is situated in Cornwall's West Penwith in the hamlet of Towednack. West Penwith is the South West tip of England leading to Land's End and The Isles of Scilly. We are surrounded by sea and moorland, rugged cliffs and beaches. We are 2 miles from Zennor and 3 miles from St Ives. The South West coast path runs around the entire peninsula. There are magnificent walks, birdwatching, surfing, activities for children including swimming, horse riding and rock climbing. Once a sculptor's Studio the accommodation has been converted with imagination. It is peaceful, light, and open plan, in the midst of moorland, close to the sea and yet close to all the amenities of St Ives. A major prehistoric site, Zennor Quoit is 20 minutes walk from the Studio with stunning sea views. A place to paint, read, relax and enjoy.
About the Owner
We are Sue Sprent and Sue Robertson and we have owned and lived at Beagletodn for 20 years. Previously, we lived at Higher Tregarthen, 2 miles on the road to Zennor, in The Tower House where D. H. Lawrence lived during the war.
Sue Sprent is now retired and looks after The Studio and guests. Her son Robin is often involved in making initial contact and giving information to guests.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
St Ives offers many art workshops and courses. The Tate runs family days with art activities for children. Below The Tate is Porthmeor beach which runs a surf school and hires equipment for children and adults. Pothmeor is a prime beach for surfing and body boarding with lifeguard attendance. During September St Ives runs a Music, Art and Literature Festival. The Barbara Hepworth Gallery and Gardens in St Ives is stunning for children and adults alike. Zennor Village is much visited with its pub, the Tinners Arms, its church with medieval mermaid carving and stunning walks to the headland and south west coast path beyond. There are many famous National Trust gardens and properties in Cornwall eg The Lost Gardens of Heligan , St Michael's Mount ( Nr Penzance ). The famous Eden project can be visited ( I hour from St Ives ); or Rich Stein's restaurants in Padstow.
Beaches in St Ives are 5 minutes (3 miles) by car. Gwithian and Hayle beaches are 15 minutes by car. The coast path can be accessed from Zennor and St Ives ; many beaches can be discovered along the North and South Cornwall coastlines
Newquay Airport is an hour and a half away.
Local buses only run in summer/autumn and are infrequent so a car is recommended.
St Ives is 3 miles, Penzance is 6 miles. The biggest town is Truro (30 miles ).
Heartlands in Camborne ( tin mine heritage, 17 miles ) is a free tourist site.
Supermarkets and banks are available in St Ives and Penzance. (There are no shops in Zennor or Towednack ). The nearest pubs are at Zennor and Halsetown.
There is also a leisure centre in St Ives.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 30 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
31 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We require a deposit of £75 ( non refundable ), per week booked, to confirm your booking; the balance is due 6 weeks before your holiday commences.
Cancellation Policy: regrettably, if you have to cancel your booking we will only be able to refund your payment if the Studio is rebooked for those dates.
Short breaks ( min 2 nights ) may be available out of peak school holiday periods between October and Easter ( £65 per night for 2 , £50 single ); longer breaks may also be discussed.
Usually Saturday ( arrival after 2pm , departure by 10am ).
Flexibility re changeover day if short breaks or out of season.
Notes on prices:
Prices include electricity / heating.
Prices for dogs (£15 per dog per week ).
Short breaks ( min 2 nights ) out of season , October - Easter ( £65 per night for 2+ people; £50 per night, single ).
Prices may be negotiated ( late discounts, out of season, long lets )
discounts maybe available out of season depending on number of people
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Beagletodn moors is a uniquely peaceful and beautiful place to live whether walking, birdwatching, painting or relaxing. Whilst secluded its also close to all the variety that St Ives offers.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Large bathroom with bath/shower, washing machine, ironing board/ iron and large cupboard providing hanging space. A tumble drier is available in a separate laundry.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: One mezzanine double upstairs, velux window to sky and gorse; one cabin style twin downstairs.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The Studio is behind the owners house ( on site ), private with its own garden, and accessed by 8 granite steps with a handrail. Car parking is on site. You arrive at The Studio up a long lane; in spring and early summer there is a profusion of wild flowers with views across the fields to Towednack church. Immediately behind the house and studio there is a half hour walk up heathland to Zennor Quoit ( a prehistoric site ) and beyond there are superb sea views over the village of Zennor and across the Atlantic Ocean. Outside: A large private sheltered ( and sunny ) garden with fuschia hedges, granite rocks, garden furniture and BBQ , views across fields to Towednack Church; ideal also for dogs. There are many path and field walks from the house and stunning sea view walks from Zennor. The site is excellent for spotting buzzards and owls, a snowy owl was once seen on the path from the house towards Zennor Quoit. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen provided, changed and cleaned weekly (Saturday changeover), unless short breaks. Other: Cover for bikes under outdoor shed, outdoor furniture, BBQ.