Barn in Plumpton, Nr Ulverston, Lake District, Cumbria, England - Enjoy a Lakeland holiday in a coastal setting, just 10 minutes from Lake Windermere
Ideally suited for couples, large families or two families holidaying together, The Old Barn offers comfortable accommodation for exploring the southern Lake District either on foot, car or mountain bike. Popular Lake District tourist areas, attractions and mountain ascents are all within easy reach.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you so much for your great accommodation! We had an amazing time at your beautiful house, everyone loved the charm, cosiness and comfort of the enchanting spaces you have created inside and out. I will be sure to recommend it to other people, and we will definitely book if again when we go to that part of the UK.
1 holidaymaker review
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Many activities are available locally from:
Rowing, sailing, fishing, motor boat hire and other waterspouts at Coniston or Windermere.
Mountain biking (bike hire available), Go Ape! and Segway at Grizedale Forest. Horseriding at Crook Barn Stables.
Golf: Ulverston, Grange Fell (for a challenging 9 holes!), Windermere.
Via Ferrata at Honister Slate Mine (extreme sport).
Indoor Karting at Cumbria Karting, Barrow
Liverpool airport 2 hours drive
Manchester airport 1 hour 45mins drive
The nearby town of Ulverston offers all the facilities you may require. The local supermarket is 7 minutes away and the town has many restaurants, banks, local shops and doctors surgery if required. Market days are Thursday and Saturday.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
27 Aug 2016 - 21 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
22 Oct 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please note that a £100 deposit will be required at the time of booking and will be confirmed in writing once payment has cleared. The remaining balance will be due 8 weeks prior to the start date of your holiday. If your holiday start date is within 8 weeks of booking, then full payment will be required at the time of booking. Preferred method of payment is electronic bank transfer.
Notes on prices:
One well behaved dog welcome. A one-off charge for a pet is £50.00.
Please contact us directly for late availability offers or short break prices.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Main bathroom with bath, WC and basin En suite shower room to main bedroom comprising of WC, basin and shower
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - Super king size bed (6’) with shower room
- Bedroom 2 - Family bedroom, two sets of bunk beds
- Bedroom 3 - Two single beds
- Bedroom 4 - Single bedroom, one single bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: Super king size bed (6’) with shower room Bedroom 2: Family bedroom, two sets of bunk beds Bedroom 3: Two single beds Bedroom 4: Single bedroom, one single bed
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The kitchen leads out to an attractive garden which backs on to fields. It features a patio with barbecue, garden table and chairs and a small grass area. You will be surprised at just how quiet and peaceful it is. And the sky at night is so clear, star-gazing is a must! The beach is just 30 seconds from The Old Barn. Utility Room: Garage which can used to store bikes etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All prices include linen and towels. Property cleaned on transfer day. Bedding & towels changed once a week (transfer day).