Dog Friendly Cottages In The Heart Of West Wales Between Cardigan Bay And The Cambrian Mountains - WiFi, Games Room, BBQ - Sleep 4 (2 bedrooms) or 8 (4 bedrooms) + Cot
Lying at the foot of the Cambrian Mountains, yet only 15 miles from the sea at Cardigan Bay, Glandulas Uchaf is the ideal base all year round, whether you choose an activity-filled holiday or total relaxation with friends and family. Leave the city behind and escape to the cottage for a romantic getaway or enjoy relaxed country living in our family friendly farmhouse. For groups of friends, or a get together holiday with another family, the farmhouse and cottage can be rented together to sleep 12. Situated between Lampeter, the smallest university town in the UK, and Tregaron, an historic market town, you could explore the dramatic coastline in the morning, with its sandy beaches, seaside towns and villages, and the wild, mountainous ‘Green Desert of Wales’ in the afternoon.
Details for holiday cottage The Cottage Sleeps 4 + cot (2 Bedrooms) + 2 dogs, 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, 1 Bathroom, 1 Separate WC
This country cottage, for 1 or 2 couples, is also ideal for a small family.
The front door opens into a hall with flagstone floor, oak staircase and cloakroom off.
The flagstoned kitchen is fully equipped for 4 with double oven, microwave, dishwasher and fridge-freezer. The dining area seats 4, and french doors open on to the terrace.
The sitting room has comfortable sofas, perfect to cwtch up beside the fire with a book from the local interest selection provided, window seats, tv, dvd player and iPod/iPhone dock.
The oak staircase leads upstairs to 2 bedrooms with sloping ceilings, one king and one twin bedded room.
The bathroom has a large soaking bath with hand-held shower attachment, wash basin and toilet.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
The cottage was delightful - very well equipped. They had a paddock for the dogs to run, bbq area, a small garden to back and side of the cottage with a bench and table and chairs - just right for the evening glass of wine!
Activity and Interests
Glandulas Uchaf is a 30 minute drive to the sea, where the Ceredigion coast path stretches for some 60 miles around Cardigan Bay. There are fabulous sandy beaches, small seaside villages, the Georgian harbour town of Aberaeron and the Victorian resort of Aberystwyth to visit. There is an abundance of wildlife on shore and at sea, and you might spot bottle-nose dolphins, porpoises, seals and coastal birds. You can enjoy all sorts of watersports, whether you're a beginner, or more experienced.
The use of a car is essential.
Glandulas Uchaf lies between the market towns of Lampeter (6 miles) and Tregaron (5 miles).
Sheltered from the east by the Cambrian Mountains and stretching west to the shores of Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion's varied mix of coast and countryside makes it a wonderful destination for a refreshing short break or longer holiday, at any time of the year: award-winning beaches, sandy coves, sea cliffs and caves, wildlife and spectacular sunsets; wooded river valleys, mountain slopes and crags and starry dark skies. One of the most unspoilt areas of the UK, although Ceredigion is the fourth largest county in Wales, it is sparsely populated, so you will find plenty of space in which to escape the crowds, unwind and relax. Originally an independent principality, it takes it's name from Prince Ceredig, and you will hear the Welsh language spoken extensively here.
Country lovers will discover an abundance of outdoor pursuits, whether energetic or gentle, such as walking, cycling, horse riding, water sports, photography, golf and fishing. Challenge yourself and enjoy the thrills of mountain biking or paint-balling, the fun of snorkelling and dolphin watching from a boat in New Quay bay, or take it easy and discover Roman gold, steam trains or even paddle an open canoe on the River Teifi to Cilgerran Castle.
Visit ancient castles and churches, the 18th century gentleman’s estate of Llanerchaeron or Aberglasney, a garden ‘lost in time’. Roam the waterfalls, ravines and ‘wild nature’ of Hafod, one of the finest examples of a Picturesque landscape in Europe, then take a leisurely drive on the B4574, through Cwm Ystwyth, along what the AA described as one of the top ten scenic drives in the world.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Oct Half Term
21 Oct 2016 - 3 Nov 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
4 Nov 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Christmas / New Year
23 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% non-returnable deposit is required to confirm the booking; the balance should be paid 6 weeks before the start of the holiday.
The Farmhouse and Cottage will be ready for you from 4pm, and we ask that you leave no later than 10am (to allow for cleaning).
The normal changeover day is Friday for the Cottage and Saturday for the Farmhouse, although we are flexible.
Notes on prices:
- Two dogs welcome in each property at £15 each per week or £10 per short break
- Heating and electricity included
- Initial logs/coal for fires provided, thereafter at cost
- 5% discount when farmhouse and cottage are booked together
- 5% discount when you book 2 consecutive weeks
- Smaller party reductions are available in the farmhouse at certain times for a maximum of 4 guests. Only 2 bedrooms will be made up, with a choice of 2 kingsize or 1 kingsize and 1 twin bedroom
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table ...
- Stereo ...
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), handheld shower
- Toilet 1 - Toilet, ground floor
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: * Free WiFi * Bed linen provided, and beds made up ready for your arrival * Towels included, please bring your own beach towels * Shared laundry room, with washing machine and tumble dryer * Cot (please supply your own bedding) and high chair available on request * No smoking Outside: * The Farmhouse and Cottage are adjacent to, although do not overlook each other, so are great for social gatherings but ideal for those who like their privacy. * The Cottage has french doors leading from the kitchen to a private, sunny terrace with wooden garden furniture and a small garden. * The Farmhouse has a terrace with wooden garden furniture to seat 8. * The Farmhouse garden is fenced, and there is a large lawned area with plenty of room for children to run around or adults to kick back and relax. * Both properties have the shared use of a games room, with table tennis, darts and a small pool table. * The picnic and BBQ area, furnished with a permanent stone BBQ and picnic tables, has lovely countryside views. * There is also a large, securely fenced paddock to exercise dogs safely. * There is plenty of parking.