Villa near Binisafuller, Sant Lluis, Menorca, Balearic Islands - Privileged Location, Enviably Private Yet Close To All Amenities
This property's outstanding features are its location, its views, its privacy and spaciousness. The house has been a private home for many years and is generously equipped and appointed. Spacious inside, it is equally accommodating outside with terraces, a huge covered outdoor barbecue and dining area and a charming dining/cocktails porch. The large garden, professionally designed more than thirty years ago incorporates many mature indigenous plants and trees. The shaped swimming pool incorporated later into the original design blends well into the landscape. The property is located down a short private driveway and is surrounded by unspoilt countryside. It is a unique place, built in an idyllic spot in an area now closely protected against further development. A private oasis, yet the local hamlet with its classy supermarket and restaurants is only a few minutes walk down the road. Excellent rock swimming and sandy beaches are within a few moments drive.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
This property is new to the letting market so we have no guest comments. However, none of our family who have been visiting for years will hear a bad word about it!!!!!
From the Owner
Activity and Interests
The property enjoys unspoiled views across countryside to the Mediterranean about a mile distant. There is excellent rock swimming and clean sandy beaches within a very short drive. Menorca boasts 120 beaches along its 125 mile coastline ranging from sheltered inlets along its southerly coast to the beautiful rugged shores in the North.
Menorca is served by the airport at Mahon which is about a twenty minute drive from the villa. There are regular ferries from Barcelona and Mallorca docking in the impressive port of Mahon.
Car hire is highly recommended as although the property is within walking distance of a supermarket and a couple of restaurants, in our view, a car is necessary to explore and take full advantage of the island.
We are happy to assist with finding car hire for you.
The nearest pueblo, Sant Lluis is a couple of miles away. Binibeca, the popular holiday village and Binissafuller, both with their golden beaches are just five minutes away. Mahon, the capital, with its magnificent harbour is a fifteen minute drive - so too is the cute harbourside at Calas Fons. Ciudadella the picturesque old capital is 45 minutes away at the far end of the island. Several other golden beaches are within a 10/15 minute ride. The island is small so nothing is very far away!!
The hamlet with it's large local supermarket and restaurants is 300 yards down the road to the right and an ancient prehistoric Talyot lies a similar distance to your left! The supermarket supplies just about everything and has a butchery, bakery and greengrocers. There is even a cafe/bar alongside.
The nearby village of Sant Lluis has banks, ATMs, a post office, a chemist, several restaurants and cafes, and most other types of shops.
The island offers many sports opportunities especially for all types of watersports. Maybe a pre-booked diving or windsurfing course. There are tennis courts, horse riding clubs and even the MCC (Menorcan Cricket Club). The now-famous Menorcan fiestas showcasing the magnificent world famous local breed of horses take place throughout the summer months.
The island has some lovely countryside with scattered working farms, rustic stone farmhouses and a host of sites of prehistoric interest.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We look forward to hearing from you. Please e-mail to confirm availability before booking flights.
Preference is given to stays of 2 weeks during the High Season.
We'll try not to be specific about preferred arrival 'days', so tell us what day is best for you and we will try to accommodate. We ask that arrival is after 2.30pm and departure by 10am.
During high season 14 day bookings are preferred.
We ask for a 25% deposit at the time of booking with the balance due 6 weeks before arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- New generously proportioned wetroom-style with large walk-in shower, en-suite to Bedroom 2. Recently installed family bathroom with bath/shower. Both attractively designed incorporating Mediterranean materials of terracotta and marble.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms have air conditioning. Bedroom 1 with super king size bed and double doors leading to patio. Bedroom 2 with super king size or twin beds with double doors leading to covered terrace. Bedroom 3 - Single/bunk beds and southerly views.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property has air conditioning in all bedrooms. Children are most welcome and will love the space. However, being responsible, we must draw your attention to the fact that the garden has a few spiky plants. Also the garden gives direct access to the swimming pool. Pets not allowed. Outside: The property is set in a lovely native garden with mature trees and pretty views. There are large covered terraces to the South and West of the property with chairs and tables for al fresco dining. Barbecue facilities are available for outdoor cooking. The private swimming pool is kidney shaped and has sun loungers and umbrellas for relaxing in the sunshine. If you need a shady place by the pool to read or doze, you can relax under the shady covered pergola near the water's edge. There is an outdoor pool shower, garden lighting and the pool is floodlit for night time bathing. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels (excluding beach/pool towels) are included. The house receives attention and the linen is changed weekly. Other: To the West of the villa is a huge roofed natural stone terrace with barbecue, Mediterranean style dining table with built-in seating and lovely views. Outside the southern door of the salon is a 'breakfast' porch with breathtaking views to the sea.