Cottage in Beaulieu, Nr. New Forest, Hampshire, England - Lovely Peaceful Location With Vast Number of New Forest Visitor Attractions at Hand
Ground floor with living room - two sofas and a cosy gas flame stove. Charming home-from-home decorative style. Dining area, table and chairs at one end. Next door, an up to date fitted kitchen with hatch to living room. Also on ground floor a bathroom with underfloor heating and a double bedroom (double bed). Upstairs, the second double bedroom which can be made up as two single beds or a double. Small veranda. Plus the third, (very) small bedroom.
About the Owner
I have owned Boundary House and Boundary House Cottage since 1988. However, I have had a much longer association with the Beaulieu neighbourhood because my grandparents came here in the 1930s. I am married with two sons in the 20s. I live in London during the week where I run my publishing business, Duncan Petersen Publishing.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'It's gone too quickly. We all had a lovely relaxed holiday. Very central location. Cottage idyllic. Beds very comfortable. Everything we needed, and so pretty. Dogs had a great time too. Thank you - we hope to come again one day.' - Julie Hopkinson, Bucks.
'We had a lovely stay. Very comfortable and a perfect location. Definitely too short - would highly recommend.' -Simon, Fabienne and Clemont, Toulouse, France.
From the Owner
“Apart from the family connection it's an area of great variety, combining the sea with country pursuits.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Stony Solent beaches three miles; sandy beaches at Highcliff and Muddeford nine miles. Bournemouth beaches 20 miles.
Eastleigh (Southampton) Airport 15 miles; Hurn airport (Bournemouth) 20 miles; the cottage is 20 miles.
Beaulieu 2 miles; East Boldre 1 mile; Lymington 6 miles; Brockenhurst 5 miles; Southampton 10 miles
There is a huge amount to see and do in the area: walking, cycling, sailing, riding and the large number of attractions that the New Forest has to offer. These include Beaulieu Abbey, the National Motor Museum and Bucklers Hard historic ship building village and Maritime Museum; Exbury Gardens; Lyndhurst (the 'capital' of the New Forest); the market towns of Lymington and Ringwood and further afield the cathedral cities of Salisbury and Winchester. Or take a ferry trip to the Isle of Wight for almost endless further exploration. Thirty minutes by car from Southampton Docks and 45 minutes by car from Portsmouth Channel ferry port. Car recommended, but cottage can be reached by train to Brockenhurst, ten minutes by car, where there is cycle hire.
- Booking Notes:
Email availability request to address given. Response within 24 hour is normal. To secure cottage, 30% rental deposit is payable on booking, the balance eight weeks before arrival.
Friday - other days by arrangement.
Notes on prices:
Prices quoted are rental only and exclude bed/change linen at £10 per room and breakage security deposit of £75. They also exclude a heating contribution October to May of typically £25 per week, depending on use.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The sea - Beaulieu River with its sailing are close by. It's peaceful and secluded, yet convenient for Lymington, 15 minutes by car.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- One ground-floor bathroom next to ground floor bedroom. WC, hand basin, bath with shower - glass partition.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Ground floor bedroom with double bed; upstairs bedroom with zip-and-split bed -i.e. two singles or one double. Third very small bedroom with single bed.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The 'central heating' is by electric radiators. Water is by combination boiler - continuous supply, no hot water tank. One dog is welcome but we ask guests to bring dog's own bedding and not allow dog in the bedrooms. Outside: The garden is secluded, almost fully enclosed. Outdoor furniture is provided. Utility Room: None. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels not provided. Laundry/bed change service with cottage's own linen is provided at £10 per room extra to the rent. Other: The bedrooms, decorated in white, have chests of drawers and hanging space. The ground floor bedroom has a dressing table and French doors to the garden. Duvets on the beds.