House in St Buryan, near Penzance, Cornwall, England
Lissadell is a spacious Edwardian Family House with 4 bedrooms near Lands End. It can comfortably accommodate 8 people (and well behaved pets by arrangement). This is an attractive property, with big views over Lands End and out to the Scillies. It sits on the edge of the popular village of St Buryan. The village itself is compact with a fourteenth century church at its centre, and it has all necessary amenities including post office, well stocked shop, petrol station, and a pub serving meals. It is close to West Cornwall's beautiful beaches at Porthcurno and Sennen along with several hidden coves with clear, blue sea for swimming and stunning, scenic coastal paths. The whole area is peppered with evidence of Neolithic Activity. Penzance, with a wide selection of amenities, is a 10 minute drive. Lissadell has a large sun room, whilst outside there is an extensive sub tropical garden with lawns, child safe pond, outdoor furniture, play equipment, BBQ and fire facilities.
About the Owner
The owners Su and Darren are both secondary school teachers in Penzance. They have lived at Lissadell since 2002 and have two children aged 7 and 11 years old. The whole family enjoys the outdoor lifestyle with hobbies such as Running, Walking, Swimming, Cycling, Camping and of course making the most of the beautiful beaches with their kayaks and surfboards. They are also creative through music, art and photo.
From the Owner
“This is an amazing area of the country, especially for families. Beautiful golden beaches, lovely tracks, interesting historical sites, glorious views, high quality food and drink, great walking and cycling and huge skies. Add in the small Cornish traditional towns and villages and the lack of traffic jams there are few nicer places to be.”
Activity and Interests
The property is close to all beaches on the West Cornwall peninsula, some examples (and approximate driving times) are Porthcurno beach 12 mins, Sennen Cove 10 mins, Porthchapel 15 mins, Porthgwarra 16 mins, Mousehole harbour beach 15 mins and Gwenver beach 12 mins.
A footpath leads directly from St Buryan property to the coastal path (approx 45 minute walk).
St Buryan is 5 minutes off the A30, in between Penzance and Lands End.
Newquay airport is 43 miles away and Lands End airport (for flights to the Isles of Scilly) is 5 miles away.
The nearest mainline railway station is 6 miles from the property in Penzance
Penzance 6 miles (10 minutes)
Mousehole 5 miles.
Marazion for St Michaels Mount 9 miles.
St.Ives and the Tate gallery 14 miles
St Buryan is in a prime position for a Cornish beach and outdoor holiday. It is surrounded on all sides by golden beaches. You can learn to surf at Sennen. There is a sustrans cycle route which passes through the village. If you choose, an open top bus will transport you to Sennen, Porthcurno and Lands End. There are footpaths to the coast and out in to the hills. The area is abundant with ancient Neolithic sites, there are two major stone circles and the remains of a settlement, all just a short walk from Lissadell. The hills towards St Just are Heritage Listed due to the scenic tin mine remains, whilst the coast line at Lands End offers amazing sea sculptured cliffs. Villages such as Marazion, Lamorna and Mousehole offer a view of a simple Cornish life. Penzance, St Ives and St Michaels Mount are all just a short drive away.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
50% deposit payable on booking. Full balance to be paid a minimum of six weeks before visit.
Contact and bookings can be made via email at or call us.
Changeover Saturday. Arrive after 3.00pm and depart by 10am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Fresh air, space, beauty and exercise.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- live theatre
- naturist beach
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs Bathroom. Very light, large room with dual aspect views. Roll top bath, shower cubicle, toilet, basin, shaver point and heated towel rail. Downstairs Shower Room: Shower Cubicle, Toilet and Hand Basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1. Double bed with Bay Window and walk-in wardrobe. Bedroom 2. Double Bed. Bedroom 3. Twin Beds and Bay Window. Bedroom 4. Double Bed and Dual Aspect View.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The front of the house has off road parking for up to two cars. The owners have 2 children and so the garden has abundant play equipment. Please supervise your children on this equipment as we cannot be held responsible for accident or injury. There is a smaller holiday property attached to the house, though they have a separate entrance and garden. Outside: The front has a gravelled parking area. To the rear of the property is over half an acre of sub tropical gardens with various shrubs, trees and lawns. There is a wooded area and various play equipment including Trampoline, Slide, See Saw, Tree House and Rope Swings. Utility Room: Contains Washing Machine, Tumble Drier, Butler Sink, Freezer, airing and ironing equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, bath and hand towels and tea towels provided. Property cleaned weekly on change over day and all linen/towels changed. Other: Sun Room (Conservatory). All windows making a very warm place to relax, looks out at front rear gardens. Contains chaise lounge and a double futon. Study: Large room used primarily as an office and music room, contains 2 desks, book shelves and a piano.