Chateau / Manor House in Le Ferre, Ille-et-Vilaine, Brittany, France - Here At Le Bourg Our Aim Is To Make Your Holiday What You Have Worked All Year For.
The Manor house is not only spacious inside it is set in over a hectare of formal walled gardens and wild pasture. This makes for a very safe environment for the children to play whilst you sit by relaxing in the summer sun. The garden has an above ground pool with a nearby BBQ, patio and children's play area. Here on site we provide many activities to make your stay more enjoyable. The rear of the property also has a sun terrace and BBQ area, make use of the sun from mid day till after the sun has set. Due to outside lighting it is a great place to enjoy the remainder of the evening talking over the day or arranging the next days activities.
About the Owner
A family run business. We have lived here in France for just over 8 years now. Back in 2005 myself, my wife, daughter and her children decided to move as one to France. We fell in love with the area after visiting family.
We looked in the local estate agents for houses in the area. Found this gem and were hooked! The overgrown gardens, locked gates we had to climb over... nothing could deter us.
We have taken the time to renovate this property, keeping as many of the original features as possible. Now we are opening it up for others to enjoy... well would be selfish not to really.
From the Owner
“With so much to do and see, we still have places even we want to visit. Here we feel we have the best of both worlds. If we are missing the hustle and bustle within the hour we can be in Rennes. Just stepping out of the front door we are met with great views, fresh air and more than our fair share of blue skies. The locality offers us so much. Except takeaways!!! Though the local restaurants more than make up for that. There is still so much we would love to do to this place and our plans are big.”
Activity and Interests
The beautiful beaches are abundant in this area some of which :-
Mt Saint Michel 16 miles
Cancale 38 miles great place for seafood fresh from the sea
Saint Malo 42 miles is a fortress beach town with nearby WW2 historical points of interest
Saint Jean le Thomas 25 miles a quiet sandy beach with views of Mt Saint Michel
Carolles 27 miles sandy beach with coast guard and beach side refreshments.
Fougeres 12 miles man made lake with a sandy beach surrounded by forest walks.
Dinard airpot - 42 miles
Rennes airport - 44 miles
Ouistreham Ferry Port - 88 miles
St Malo Ferry Port - 40 miles
Le Harve -137 miles
Dieppe -192 miles
Calais -293 miles
Bellefontaine (Enchanted villiage) - 30 miles
Cancale - 38 miles
Dinan - 43 miles
Dinard - 43 miles
Fougeres - 11 miles
Mount Saint Michel - 16 miles
Saint-Hilaire-du-Harcouët - 17 miles
Saint James - 3 miles
Saint-Martin-de-Landells - 9 miles
We are close to many tourist attractions:- Beaches, Forest walks, Lakes, Water parks, Zoos, Historical war and memorial sites, Medieval towns and much much more. There is plenty to see and do. More than enough to keep you occupied for a week or two!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Low season Part.3
25 Sep 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
High Season Part.2
18 Dec 2016 - 2 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
We do charge a small suplmentary fee of £5.00 per person, per week for the rental of bedding and towels. Beds will be made up for your arrival.
The £300 security deposit is required, this will be refunded a maximum of 1 week after your stay by bank transfer. 2 weeks if you require the payment to be made by cheque.This is providing the accommodation has been left clean and tidy and there are no breakages or damages to the property. In some cases breakages will be subtracted from your deposit. Each situation is independently assessed.
An end of stay cleaning service is available at a cost of £50. This option means you get to close and lock the door at the end of your stay knowing someone will take care of the rubbish, recycling and cleaning for you. Otherwise we respectfully request you leave the property as clean as you find it.
Changeover Times/days: Aside from the months of July/August we try to accomodate alternative arrival times or days where possible. otherwise the changeover day will be on a Sunday. Arrival is at 4pm, departure 10am. The Sunday arrival/departure usually means quieter roads and cheaper ferry crossings for your travel.
Please feel free to contact us with any queries.
Notes on prices:
Short stays are available, though not for the months of July or August.
Bookings made for the months of Oct - Mar also have a supplementary charge of £5 per day for heating. If the weather warrants it.
Minimum stay is 3 nights. Please contact us for prices.
We accept payment via bank transfer or cheque. The security deposit (refundable) is required to secure your booking along with 10% of the total cost of the stay (non-refundable).
Where possible we try to adapt our payment options in line with our clients requirements.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Nestled in the heart of the Brittany country side, Le Bourg is perfectly located for a weekend break or leisurely holiday. We have furnished the property with comfort in mind, creating a bright and restful atmosphere for you to relax and unwind. Whilst providing many of the comforts of home. Nights are quiet, it is extremely rare that we ever hear a siren. So peace reigns supreme. There is very little light pollution at night. If star gazing is your thing, weather permitting you will be in heaven. The local vicinity is a paradise for those who like to walk or cycle, with many local tracks that are all well marked, giving you plenty of beautiful areas to explore. That is if you can tear yourself away from the peace and tranquility of the pool and gardens.”
- chateau / country house
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom consists of toilet, enclosed shower cubicle and vanity unit. There is also another Separate toilet situated on the first floor too.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 1 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, This room has a set of bunkbeds instead of single beds
- There is space for a travel cot in most of the bedrooms.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: A welcome pack is provided for your arrival. Washing powder and dishwasher tablets are not provided. Outside: The mature gardens offer plenty of space. The pool is available from June - September. We cover the pool each evening from 7 pm - 10 am. We limit the access times to allow for daily purification of the pool and cleaning of the surrounding area. The children's play area consists of a swing set, covered sandpit (buckets and spades provided) a slide and trampoline. We also provide for your use during your stay a separate paddling pool and see-saw etc for any little ones in you party. It is to be noted that the trampoline does NOT have a safety net. Your children must be supervised at all times in the garden. There is a selection of outside entertainment equipment, badminton, boules, space hoppers (both adult and child), football/goals and croquet. Both patio areas have outside furniture provided. The village does have a tennis court, though please note it is communal so may not always be available. A nearby park does however have more tennis courts along with a skate park We do offer a linen/towel service for a small fee. You will still have to bring your own towels for use round the pool or at the beach though. The property is thoroughly cleaned before your arrival. Beds made if required. 2 week rentals receive a mid stay change of linen/towels