Cottage in Ballygown, Isle of Mull, Scottish Highlands, Scotland - Peaceful Shoreside Location, Guided Tours, Wildlife Expeditions And Cruises Available Nearby
The Bothy was recently converted from stables and now offers 4 star accommodation credited by Visit Scotland. It is located in the north west of the Isle of Mull and enjoys panoramic and uninterupted south westerly views over Loch Tuath to the Isle of Ulva. It takes in Ben More (966m) and the Treshnish Isles with the Isle of Coll and Tiree beyond for glorious sunsets. It is perfect for those who enjoy wildlife, birdwatching, kyaking, walking and exploring. Children can enjoy swimming in the safe sheltered bay below the house and if lucky will see seals and otters.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Our 2nd visit and the best yet. Saw hen harrier, peregrine, falcon, sea eagles, and a young golden eagle. Enjoyed watching red deer and family of buzzards hunting from the cottage. Mr and Mrs R. - Herefordshire
An absolutely fantastic week, we enjoyed a coastal walk round Treshnish/Haun, mountain biking on Ulva, and the Livingston walk on Ulva, climbing Ben More, seeing amazing birds and flowers. Mr and Mrs S. - Northampton
The Bothy has been a perfect base, providing for all our needs, with remarkable views. We hope to return to this beautiful place. Mrs W. Coventry
From the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Guided tours, wildlife expeditions and cruises available nearby.
Locally caught and landed sea food is available by arrangement.
A short walk through the field adjoining the property is a sheltered bay for safe swimming.
Caledonian MacBrayne run 2 ferries to the Isle of Mull from the main land. The most popular is from Oban to Craignure (25 miles) and it takes about 40 minutes and The Bothy is an hours drive from Craignure. A car is essential for travel to and from the ferry and use during your stay.
Tobermory, the main town, is approximately 13 miles.
Dervaig (6 miles) has good village store for all visitors needs.
Salen (12 miles)
- Booking Notes:
We require a non refundable £200.00 deposit within 7 days of booking and the full balance to be paid 4 weeks before arrival date.
The Bothy is rented weekly, begins 4pm Saturday and ends 10am Saturday of departure date.
Notes on prices:
Christmas and New Year Prices on request
From the Owner
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom with wash hand basin, WC, bath with shower and upstairs WC and wash hand basin
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 bedrooms, (one double and one twin) both with sea views.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The Bothy offers 4 star accommodation for easy and comfortable living space. Outside: South and west facing decking with table and benches overlooking fields and panoramic sea and mountain views. Utility Room: Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer and ample space for coats and boots. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen is provided, but no towels are provided. The property is cleaned weekly.