House in Vernoux en Gatine, Deux Sevres, Poitou Charentes, France - Set In Rolling Farmland, Close To Small Towns And Amenities Of Le Beugnon And L’Absie
Recently renovated spacious gite provides you with a large comfortable airy living room with UK/French TV and wireless internet access. It has a fully equipped kitchen/dining room, a toilet/shower room, a toilet/bathroom and a utility room. There is a large family bedroom (can accommodate 2 adults and 2 young children/babies), a double bedroom and 2 single bedrooms. The living space has a large wood burning stove and directly opens to a private terrace and garden for alfresco dining with an above ground splash pool and lounging areas offering a cosy and relaxing holiday. The gite is on a recognised walking/cycling route with easy access to nearby Le Beugnon (10min walk) which hosts a fine restaurant and beautiful church. There are two supermarkets with fuel stations, close by, in L’Absie and in Secondigny (both 10mins by car). These towns also provide a general store, post office, newsagent, bank with cashpoint, hairdressers, restaurants/bars, pharmacies, doctors and dentists.
Top Traveller Review
House With Private Garden And Pool In A Semi-rural
Thank you for your kind comments. It was very nice to meet you and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our Gite and would be happy for you to stay again anytime.
James & Sandra.
About the Owner
4.3 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
House With Private Garden And Pool In A Semi-rural
My family and I booked a 2 week break in La Faziliere, France in July/August 2015. Staying in this beautiful gite was a new experience for us as a family. We didn't know what to expect but I can honestly say it has been one of the most enjoyable, relaxing breaks we have had. The gite was spotless, the owners left you alone but there in a flash if you needed them. We learnt some of the village history from them and the people were so friendly. We love ile de re near La Rochelle and De Mervent which has a beautiful lake and restaurants. The only downside to this holiday was that it went too fast. We recommend this holiday to anyone wishing for a relaxing break and be in the heart of the French environment. We are sure to stay with this wonderful couple in the not too near future. Wayne, Kim & Matthew
We had one week holiday in July and we enjoyed it very much. Everything was as written in description in advertise. The property was clean and well-maintained. We liked the good location for the property as well privacy. The owners where extremely friendly and our kids had good time. I definitely recommend this property to my friends and relatives.
Our stay in the small village of La Fazilliere France ,was enjoyable and
relaxing . The village location and layout is as described. A car is required for sightseeing and shopping .
The owners of the property, were friendly and approachable. The village is lovely and the French people very nice.
The house is well maintained ,spacious and clean. Surrounding gardens nice and well maintained. Lovely walking areas . For families looking for a typical French relaxing holiday ,This property and village is a must . I would recommend this holiday home .
Activity and Interests
The impressive coastal town of La Rochelle is about one and half hour's drive as are the beautiful beaches of St Vincent sur Jard or Tranche sur Mer on the Vendée coast which are easily visited for the day.
Spectacular stretches of Atlantic coastline, from the family-friendly resorts of Châtelaillon, and Royan, to the quieter beaches on the Île de Ré and the Île d'Oléron are also within easy reach.
There is also a man-made beach by a lake only 20 minutes away, near Fontenay La Compte.
By air - There are many airports within easy driving distance – Poitiers, La Rochelle and Nantes (1-1½ hrs) and Bordeaux (2½ hrs). Flights can be found from many UK airports to these destinations, via the low cost airlines.
By road - Regular ferries go to Calais, Boulogne, Caen, Le Havre, Dieppe and St Malo, from various UK ports. Alternatively take the Euro Tunnel Dover to Calais.
By train - Eurostar departs from London St Pancras or Ashford in Kent to Paris, then connecting by TGV to Niort
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Oct 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
18 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£71|
Prices are for the rental of the property per week (not per person) and is inclusive of gas, electricity, bed linen, towels, tea towels. A non-refundable deposit of 30% secures booking with final payment to be made 8 weeks before arrival date. A returnable deposit against damages of 100€ is required on arrival and is returned at end of stay, less any damages. If booking less than 8 weeks before then full payment is required at time of booking.
If you wish to pay in Euros please contact owners
Changeover day normally Saturday, with outgoing guests asked to vacate by 10.00am. Incoming guests to arrive after 4.00pm (to allow time for cleaning etc). Alternative changeover, arrival and departure days may be available on request if feasible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. Outside of the high season shorter periods are possible subject to discussion with the owners. We offer reduced occupancy discounts outside of high season. Do please contact us for more information.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- smoking allowed ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- autumn foliage
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor bathroom comprises bath (with shower over), WC, wash-hand basin and panel heating below towel rail. First floor shower room with multi head cabinet, WC, double wash hand basin, vanity unit and heated towel rail.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/ 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - ground floor family bedroom (can accommodate 2 adults and 2 young children). Bedroom 2 - ground floor single bedroom. Bedroom 3 - first floor double bedroom. Bedroom 4 –first floor single bedroom. All with ample hanging and storage sp
- Notes on accommodation: The property is ideal for a family holiday, with plenty of safe and private garden space, however, access to the wider garden area must be supervised. The gite has a large log fire and also has electric heating throughout but also benefits from being stone-built which help to keep it cool in the summer. The property is only suitable for very young children with careful supervision on account of the pool and access at the rear of the property onto the road We operate a non-smoking policy inside the house. Sorry, but no pets are allowed. We are happy to provide, on request, an infant bed guard, baby travel cot and high chair at no extra cost. In addition a ‘welcome pack’ will be waiting for you upon your arrival. The owner’s live next door and a telephone may be made available, if required, for emergency use. Outside: Set in 2½ acres of land the gite enjoys a smaller privately enclosed garden directly accessed from both the road and the rear terrace. Outdoor dining facilities, terrace seating and occasional table, parasols and a barbecue are available, with loungers in the garden next to the pool for sunbathing. The above ground pool, with outdoor shower facilities, is adjacent to the terrace for easy supervision of children. A gate to the road provides easy access to the popular walking / cycling route (bicycles may be available for use at the guests request). The secluded garden provides privacy for sunbathing and a tranquil setting to relax in and enjoy your peaceful french holiday. There is ample parking at the front of the gite for up to 3 cars. Utility Room: Dishwasher and washing machine with drying screen, iron and ironing board, cleaning equipment etc. are provided in this separate room. There is a removable outdoor clothes hanger also available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Freshly laundered/pressed bed linen and towels (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel per person) are provided and are included in the rental price. These will be changed weekly. Pool/ beach towels are not provided. Please leave the gite clean upon leaving.