House in Highcliffe, Christchurch, Dorset, England - Lovely Accommodation Within Only 8 Minutes Walk To The Beach Through A Nature Reserve Walk
Ideal for week long or more holidays or weekend and midweek breaks. Great location with a short walk to shops, cafe bars and pubs. Good base for local beaches, historic Highcliffe Castle, Christchurch town, explore the New Forest or take the Lymington ferry to Isle of Wight. This 4 bedroomed house is designed to be versatile so you can choose 4 double bedrooms or any variation of one double and 2-6 single beds. Downstairs has a large comfortable lounge, with kitchen dining area for easy/relaxed living. The garden is private with a patio furniture area in sun or shade. Local amenities are Highcliffe golf club, beaches, surfing or sailing, Dudmoor Farm horse riding, cycling, walking or simply sipping a cool drink at the beach cafe watching the sun go down. Down the road is Chewton Glen Country House & Christchurch town has an historic Priory plus Monday market for local produce, clothing and other stalls. Walk the 2.5 coastal path from the cliff top to the castle, through Steamer point nature reserve to Mudeford Quay. (View other prop ref E6604 Sleeps 6)
Top Traveller Review
beautiful, well equipped house near the sea
About the Owner
About Ken Walton
As a retired sports person, I was looking for a place to take the family. The New Forest and South Coast has always been our favourite holiday destination for the family and our dogs. We started with a lovely Lymington Cottage (sleeps 6: ref e6604), but being presented with an expanding family, through weddings and new grandchildren we have recently bought a property just along the road in Highcliffe (sleeps 8: ref e13577). Both properties enjoy a similar, close proximity to the New Forest National Park, and South Coast. We can now choose from walks along the beach, paddling and sunbathing, or Forest walks and market town shopping. We love the diversity on offer in the area but most of all we love eating good food and enjoying each others company. We hope you will too.
Ken Walton purchased this house in 2013
Why Ken Walton chose New Forest
After enjoying a few years in our lovely Lymington cottage, we found a new project to delve into. Our larger property in Highcliffe was a much harder task, but now completed we are really pleased with the renovation.
We can now look forward to simply enjoying our holidays without being covered in paint and dust... Let's see how long that lasts!
What makes this house unique
(5 traveller reviews)
beautiful, well equipped house near the sea
We were a group of 6 with a large dog and found our stay to be very comfortable. The ample bedrooms were made up as requested and the kitchen, dining area and living room were very well equipped for us all to use. Our dog enjoyed the large garden. The beach is a ten minute walk away through a nature area, and there are many places to visit within a half hour drive. We went to burley villa horse stables for a western saddle hack in the new forest, plus many walks in the new forest, and ventured further to Weymouth and Bournemouth, and the Haines car museum. I would highly recommend the Crown pub near Bransgore and the local Highcliffe Frydays chip shop. The property owner is very helpful and prompt to reply to communications. Would not hesitate to recommend the beautiful property :).
A special Holiday Home
Three generations of our family spent a wonderful week in this excellent property. We knew exactly what to expect from the listing description and were not disappointed except we would have liked a freezer other than the freezer box in the big fridge but not too much of a problem. The house was clean, well maintained, spacious and very warm and cosy. The bedrooms are large even the smallest is big enough for two single beds to fit in comfortably. Everything in the house is of good quality including the bedding.
We had no problems contacting the owner who was very helpful and obliging. We would not hesitate to recommend this property to friends and family.
The house is situated in an ideal spot for a short stroll to the beach and for visiting local attractions Highcliffe Castle, Mudeford, Christchurch, the New Forest and many more.
Hopefully, we will return.
Lovely House in a Lovely Location
This is a beautiful house in a great location. The accommodation was very clean and tidy. The owner has thought of everything that visitors may need from the kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms and provided it. I stayed with 5 other girls for a long weekend, the fact that there were two bathrooms (one an en-suite with very good shower) made it easy for us all to get ready at the same time for our nights out!
There was a lovely touch of a welcome pack waiting for us on arrival.
The house is less than a 10 minute walk from the sea. We had a lovely walk along the beach to Mudeford.
Christchurch is pretty and very close by, I can recommend the Kings Arms for an evening meal and the happy “2” hours for cocktails!
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this to anyone. The owner was great to deal with and answered emails promptly.
Excellent long weekend at fab house
We recently rented this house for a long weekend for a family get together. We loved the house, and all the family loved the large space, dining room to share meals together and the lovely lounge area. I was really impressed with the high spec finish to the house - all the rooms are decorated so tastefully with lovely furnishings and make it feel like a home from home. Location of the house is also great - close to local amenities and a beautiful beach with a lovely walk through a nature reserve. I would definitely recommend the house to all my friends and family, and thank the owners as the whole process was very smooth and easy from making the booking etc and all the info they provided was very helpful . Thanks for a lovely break!
The Beach House
The beach house is ideal for up to eight occupants, it has a very comfortable, clean and modern interior and a large lawn outside.
There is ample parking for 4 cars although you do have to be careful driving out because the entrance is on a sharp bend.
There were 4 couples of us when we occupied the house and we all thought how nice it was, plenty of room and very comfortable surroundings.
Highcliffe itself is a nice little town with all manner of shops and restaurants and is of course very close to the sea. Christchurch and Bournemouth are both very close and depending on traffic very easy to get to.
I would'nt hesitate to return (and may well do so) and if you are considering this property, go for it, you definetly won't be sorry.
From the Owner
“After enjoying a few years in our lovely Lymington cottage, we found a new project to delve into. Our larger property in Highcliffe was a much harder task, but now completed we are really pleased with the renovation. We can now look forward to simply enjoying our holidays without being covered in paint and dust... Let's see how long that lasts!”
Activity and Interests
Highcliffe beach , Mudeford , Bournemouth , Isle of Wight ,
We have discovered that with only about 8 minutes walk you can reach the coast and a safe and clean beach. (Dogs allowed in certain areas ) .
Highcliffe is 8 miles from Lymington, 2.3 miles from Mudeford, and 3.6 miles to Christchurch.
Hurn airport, Bournemouth is 10 miles away with routes to
Channel port Southampton 22 miles along the coast
Ferry from Lymington to Isle of Wight
Care hire or use of car advisable.
Supermarkets- co-op and Tesco are in Highcliffe town, together with a lovely deli. There are take away fish and chips, Indian, Chinese restaurants, and some lovely local pubs- we send a full list with our confirmation of booking.
Lymington has a large market on Saturdays.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are from Friday to Friday but please do enquire for other possibilities. A £200 deposit secures your booking and balance payments are due 6 weeks prior to arrival. We also ask for a £150 refundable damage deposit with the balance. This is then returned (assuming all is well) after your let and an inspection of the property. Please contact us for enquiries and details. We will send you a email or letter of confirmation. Do ring our personal number if you have any additional questions.
Usually Friday however please contact owner for your particular dates or short breaks.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Beach walks Local shops Family games Local history”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with double walk in shower, basin, WC, heated towel rail, shaver point. Family bathroom with bath, shower over and WC heated towel rail. Downstairs WC. and hand Basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1. double king sized bed Bedroom 2. Two singles or one double Bedroom 3. Two singles or one double Bedroom 4. Single trundle bed makes a comfy super king double bed if req
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Our holiday home has a spacious light and airy feel easily accommodating groups of friends or young families. We are happy to offer week long or short breaks in mid to low season -the house is beautifully warm and has double glazing so ideal for winter get-away weeks or for those who like taking time away outside the school holidays. If you are interested in local flora and fauna the New Forest Rangers offer some interesting guided walks see the national park site. You can reach the town centre by a short walk of 3 - 5 minutes! And beach within 10 minutes. We are happy for children or babies to be part of your group but ask that they do not mark walls or wear Wellies inside (you'd be surprised!) There is plenty of space for you to bring travel cots. Strictly no smoking in the property but dogs are welcome. Outside: Nice, open, South facing garden mainly laid to grass giving a great space for garden games (some provided). Garden table with chairs, plus relaxer chairs for you to enjoy. An absolute Sun trap with some shaded areas. You arrive at the back of the house via driveway and a courtyard area with a conservatory leading to the back door, best used for daily access. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dry, iron and board, plus vacuum cleaner and floor dust mop etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. (please bring your own beach towels). End of rental clean is included, more frequent cleaning and linen change can be arranged if required at additional cost. Other: The dining area is linked to the kitchen and has a great family table plus another settee. This makes for a nice open plan kitchen diner for all the family.