House in Nanteuil-en-Vallee, Nr. Ruffec, Charente, Poitou-Charentes, France - Village Has Two Restaurants, General Store, Butcher And Baker As Well As A Riverside Arboretum
Les Martinets is a fantastic converted barn overlooking a beautiful, peaceful village. The centre of the village is a five-minute walk down the hill and is host to two restaurants, a general store, butcher, baker and pharmacy. It also has a wonderful arboretum where the children can run around, fish, and spot frogs and dragonflies. Cognac, Limoges, Poitiers and Angouleme are within easy reach for sightseeing, strolling and shopping. Whilst cognac and porcelain may be of interest to adults, the nearby Valley of the Monkeys, Planet of the Crocodiles, La Rochelle Aquarium and Futuroscope are great fun days out for the family. Tennis, cycling, horse-riding and kayaking are also available locally. The house has plenty of space for everyone to relax and can cater for two-three families.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
This wonderful house accommodated two families (10 in total) with lots of young children with ease. The children loved the pool, the parents loved the views and the silence. With lots to do nearby and two lovely restaurants and take-away pizza "with snails" in the village this was the perfect location. I just wish we had booked for two weeks! If you are looking to unwind and relax and enjoy the finer things in life this property is for you.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The cognac houses of Cognac and Jarnac are located within a 40 minute drive as is Limoges. Whilst cognac and porcelain may be of interest to adults, the nearby Valley of the Monkeys, Planet of the Crocodiles, La Rochelle Aquarium and Futuroscope are great fun days out for the family. Tennis, cycling, horse-riding and kayaking are also available locally.
La Rochelle is approximately an hour and a half drive where you can take the toll bridge to Ile de Re.
The closest airport to Nanteuil En Vallee is Angouleme Airport (31 km) also worth considering are Poitiers Airport (65 km), Limoges Airport (68 km), or La Rochelle Airport (118 km).
The nearest town is Ruffec (10km). Local attractions include Valley of the Apes (26km), Futuroscope (65km), Meteorite Museum, Rochechouart (Espace Météorite) (43km), Rochechouart Chateau (43km), Courvoisier Cognac Museum in Jarnac (52km), Hennessy and Martel Distilleries in Cognac (75km), the Courvoisier Cognac Museum in Jarnac (52 km) or spend the day in La Rochelle (120km) and visit the wonderful Aquarium.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
6 Sep 2015 - 31 Dec 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-refundable deposit of £200 per week is required. Confirmation of your booking, along with an invoice will be sent to you once this payment is cleared. The balance is due 10 weeks before the commencement of the holiday.
A security deposit of £150 is required in cheque form upon arrival. This will be returned within 14 days of guests' departure assuming the property is returned in clean condition with no breakages or losses incurred.
Our preferred changeover day is Saturday, however if this is not convenient, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Arrival is after 3pm and departure by 11am, unless by prior arrangement.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- winery tours
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Master Shower Room - Ensuite to Bedroom 1 and its twin. Family Bathroom - Between Bedroom 2 and its twin. Ground Floor Shower Room - Ensuite to Bedroom 3 and the playroom.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a kingsize bed and adjacent twin room. Bedroom 2 has a double bed and views over abbey. The associated twin room is along the galleried landing. Bedroom 3 on ground floor has a double bed. Adjacent Playroom can be converted to a bedroom.
- Golf ...
- Outside: Beautiful large infinity pool that overlooks the village. This is maintained on a weekly basis. Gazebo provides shade to dry off and relax. 8 sun loungers and large floor cushions. Solar powered shower. Small garden area with climbing frame and wendy house offers younger guests a shady spot to play in. Large terrace with dining table for up to 10 guests shaded by wind-out awning, decorated with lots of potted plants. Rear terrace garden with washing line and outside WC. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, large fridge/freezer, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are included. The property will be cleaned to a professional standard before occupation. If you would like additional cleaning services, this can be arranged. The pool is maintained on a weekly basis. Other: Playroom is equipped with plenty of toys to occupy younger guests. Study has a PC with wifi access and a range of good old-fashioned boardgames.