Cottage in Montpinchon, Coutances, Manche, Normandy, France - Peaceful Rural Location With Outstanding Views, 20 Mins From The Sea
'La Bourdonniere' is a modern cottage created from an ancient stone barn attached to the owners' home in Montpinchon, a small village between Coutances & St Lo in the Cherbourg Peninsula. The cottage is set well back from the road, down a gated drive. Its peaceful garden is completely enclosed & not overlooked, with parking for two or more cars. There are lovely views across the surrounding countryside.
The accommodation comprises an open-plan kitchen/diner/lounge & a downstairs shower room & wc.
On the first floor are three bedrooms (one double, two twin, additional wooden cot) & a wc. The cottage is WiFi enabled, has satellite TV, a DVD player & a supply of books, games & DVDs.
For your convenience and so you can travel a little lighter, kitchen towels, personal towels and bed linen are all included. Please just bring your own beach towels. In addition, essential household items such as dishwasher tablets, detergents, cleaning products and most kitchen basics such as sugar, salt, cooking oils & spices are provided.
No hidden costs, and the owner will pay your visitor's tax (Taxe de Sejour) on your behalf!
A full pre and end of stay clean is included.
The pretty and private garden is equipped with garden furniture and a BBQ - some children's outdoor toys are also provided and can be found in the wooden summer house in the garden.
The coast is a 20-minute drive away, but many of our guests enjoy just sitting in the garden, looking at the view & unwinding in the peaceful surroundings.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Hello, and thank you for looking at our lovely cottage. My name is Debbie, and my partner in crime here is my Labradoodle, Daisy Bubbles!
4.8 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
A very relaxing and enjoyable stay!!
What a wonderful time we have had in Montpinchon. Stayed there from 1-9.8.15 with our two boys aged 16 and 18. We relaxed and were totally taken in by the beautiful scenery and culture. In Debbie we had an excellent and enchanting host. Our gite/cottage was over and above what we had expected in terms of comfort and was a real "home from home". We would definitely recommend and will visit again. I would like to thank Debbie for her care and kindness and for making our stay so positive.
Enjoyed our stay here, quiet location, very rural. Gite was clean and tidy and had all facilities. Lots of space and welcoming atmosphere
Cant fault it
Me and my family stayed here last year and like all our holidays i worried that it wouldnt be as i expected. How wrong was I! Soon as we arrived we were greeted by Debbie the owner of the Gite, we found her to be extremely welcoming and straight away we were put as ease. She showed us to the Gite and it was exactly as described and the photos really dont do this little gem justice. It immediately felt like home from home. It had all the amenities you could need and during the whole trip Debbie was just next door if we needed anything (not that we did). The weather was perfect, surrounds perfect and exactly what we needed for the relaxing break we needed. We had planned to do a lot more sightseeing than we did due to the fact we were more than happy relaxing in the beautiful garden with the BBQ on the go and the kids playing happily. I honestly would recommend this to anyone wanting a nice peaceful relaxing break away. Its a beautiful house with a very helpful and friendly owner. We have booked again to come back in August and i cant wait. Thank you Debbie for making our stay so perfect.
Excellent holiday on arrival we were greeted by Debbie and Daisy and then shown to our accomodation we were not disappointed lovely and spacious and very clean welcome pack to get us started and everything you needed was available plenty of places to go to or just relax in the garden have a barbi and drink plenty of French wine will definatly be going again just want to thank Debbie for a brill holiday and see you soon.
From the Owner
“We came here on holiday in 2013 and fell so in love with the area that we set about looking for a property. We may be a little biased, but we think we found the perfect one! We think the views are fantastic and it's a great area for walking. Montpinchon is a quiet village, very close to other picturesque villages. Coastline, countryside or bustling towns - it's all nearby.”
Activity and Interests
D-Day beaches, 50 mins drive. Mont St Michel 90 mins drive. West coast beaches: Hauteville-Plage, 20 mins drive; sandy beach in a small resort. Granville, 30-35 mins drive; smart resort with marina, day-trips to offshore islands, casino, lighthouse, harbour, sea-water swimming pool set in the rocks, etc. Agon-Coutainville, 25-30 mins drive; typical French family resort with a lovely, safe sandy beach.
Driving time from ferry ports: Caen/Ouistreham about an hour. Cherbourg 1.5 hours. Le Havre 2.25 hours. St Malo 2.5 hours. Calais/Boulogne 4 hours (non-stop). Use of a car is recommended, if you wish to gain the maximum from your stay, however keen cyclists or hikers will find plenty to explore within the scope of a day's journey.
Many of the D-Day beaches, sites, museums and war cemeteries are within an hour's drive. The city of Bayeux 50 mins, the National Stud at St Lo 20 mins and Villedieu-les-Poeles (copper industry, bell foundry and nearby zoo) 35 mins. The nearest big shopping centres are Coutances (15 mins drive) and St Lo (20 mins).
** Great news for 2016 ** The famous Tour de France will be starting in Normandy for the first time, and passing right by the property! In fact, the first 3 stages are so close by, taking in many great local places so popular with guests, such as Mont St Michel, the D Day landing beach of Utah, St Lo, Coutances with it's stunning Cathedral and the pretty coastal town of Granville. Therefore early booking for July 2016 is highly recommended.
Every year, our village comes alive for a five-day festival around the feast of St Laurent (11 August), featuring a series of cycle races as well as a large fair, a car boot sale and a livestock market. This is a very exciting time for the village and early booking for this period is recommended.
Fresh bread is sold from the bar/tabac in Montpinchon (200 metres from the cottage) every day except Monday. The neighbouring village of Cerisy la Salle (2.5km) has a butcher, two bakers, a post office, a bank, two supermarkets, a pharmacy and a Tourist Information office. There are markets every weekday in some town or village within a short drive - there's a list of locations in the cottage. Buy local produce and soak up the atmosphere.
Normandy is world famous for its dairy produce, its cider and its fiery apple brandy, Calvados. In summer, many local farms, dairies and other establishments open their doors for visitors to come and see the manufacturing process - and sample the goods! All along the west coast of the Cotentin peninsula are centres for sailing, windsurfing, land yachting, sea-kayaking and fishing. The undulating countryside in this part of Normandy is very popular with cyclists.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Low season Winter
2 Oct 2016 - 4 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required to secure your reservation. (It is strongly recommended that you take out appropriate holiday insurance with a cancellation clause, which may enable you to to recover non-refundable monies). You will be sent a letter of confirmation together with a receipt. The balance is payable 8 weeks before the commencement of the rental period, when further information and directions to the property will be sent to you. Payment in GB£ sterling or euros equivalent.
Gas and electricity is included, but a supplement of £35 is payable on arrival per week from November 1st to the end of March
Security deposit of £100 is payable upon arrival and returned upon departure if there are no significant damages. This can be in the form of a cheque.
Changeover Day: (Where applicable)
Changeover day is Saturday. Arrival time is from 4pm, to allow time for cleaning, gardening and maintenance. Departure time is before 10:30am on the last day. If there are special circumstances I will make every effort to be flexible upon prior request
Notes on prices:
2015 short breaks (available 10th January - 4th July and 29th August to 5th December ): Minimum 2 night stay. Weekend nights £55 per night. Weekday nights £45 per night.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Getting here is easy, with many options - nearby airports - Caen, Dinard and Rennes, and ferry ports at Caen, Calais, Cherbourg, Le Havre and St Malo. Personally, I like the Eurotunnel from the UK, bringing my own car, and the roads are great - no traffic jams! The local produce is very good, especially the cheese and cider!”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- recreation centre
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- The spacious modern shower room is on the ground floor through a lobby off the main room, with the separate wc next to it. A 2nd wc is on the first floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 ( 3 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Three bedrooms, all with open country views. Bedroom 1 with double bed, chest of drawers & bedside cabinets. Bedrooms 2 & 3 with twin beds & bedside cabinets. Bedroom 3 has a modern wooden cot. All bedrooms have shutters & fitted wardrobes with drawers.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There are modern, thermostatically-controlled electric heaters throughout the property. Electricity is included but for stays between 1st November and the end of February a weekly supplement of £10 is payable. There is ample hot water available from the moment you arrive. Also note, the tap water is safe and pleasant to drink. The cottage is WiFi enabled. The quiet and peaceful garden is particularly safe for young children, as it is completely enclosed and set well back from the road behind two sets of gates. Mid-week and week-end breaks are available, except during July and August. Although I am fond of animals, I only consider well behaved house trained pets upon individual request at the time of booking, and the security deposit will be increased by £25. No smoking is allowed inside the premises. Outside: The enclosed garden has lawns, a gravel drive with parking for several cars, a decked area, a barbecue, a garden table and chairs and a summer house. There are extensive views over the surrounding countryside, though the garden is not overlooked and has its own gates to ensure complete privacy. The wooden summer-house in the garden is stocked with toys for the little ones and is an ideal playhouse. There is a garden table and six chairs for the grown-ups - and a miniature table and chairs especially for younger children! A store room next to the gite can be used as a secure lock-up for bicycles or surfing/diving/sports gear. A washing line just outside the gite garden is available for the use of guests. Just hook it over the brackets and away you go. Utility Room: There is a small lobby between the main room & the shower room/wc, with a coat rack, a shelf and room for the ironing board & cleaning equipment. A folding airer is provided for drying towels & clothing. The washing machine is located in the shower room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, shower mats, household towels and personal towels are included in the price and are changed weekly. Please bring your own beach towels. The cottage is cleaned prior to every let, but we do hope that guests leave it as they find it.