Holiday Home in Staunton, Coleford, Gloucestershire - Woodland Walks And Cycling From The Door
The Log Cabin is rustic yet luxurious. It is well appointed with a commercial style kitchen, open plan dining, and living area with a cozy wood burner. There is an additional utility area with a freezer, washer dryer and preparation area for any BBQs and outside activities. There are 5 bedrooms, each with crisp white bed linen and towels. There is one en-suite in the master bedroom, other bedrooms are linked to a newly refurbished toilet / shower block of contemporary design with private cubicles accessed via the main corridor. The Log Cabin enjoys private grounds of half an acre, perfect for family games and BBQs.
The Cabin is ideally suited to 3 families (3 sets of parents with up to 8 children). Adult only groups are a maximum of 10 adults sleeping in the cabin as the bunkrooms are designed for children. Camping is available if your group is large, or if some of the group enjoy sleeping under the stars, please note tents are not provided.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(7 traveller reviews)
Absolutely amazing!!! Surpassed all expectation...
Stayed here for a New Year break, 2 families, 4 adults & 9 children. Plenty of space for everyone, attention to detail fantastic. Lovely walks, eating & playing games round the huge dinning table. We'll definitely be returning.
My family and I stayed at this property for three nights last week and were blown away by the property and it's surroundings. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Cath the owner was fantastic to deal with, and has simply thought of everything. We are already planning a return visit.
The photos of this property and it's surroundings do not do it justice. A lovely cabin finished to an incredibly high standard and very well equipped for a large group. The surroundings are beautiful and the scenery on the drive in is simply outstanding. A great base camp for trips into both the Forest of Dean and the Brecon Beacons over the boarder.
Beautiful; great location for a get together
Everything about this property was perfect. The photos really do not do the property justice; the quality of the place is second to none. Amazing little touches made it a real home from home -- they have thought of everything. Speakers, TVs in every room, fantastic amenities (ice dispensers and coffee machines!) as well as dishwasher... A lovely outdoor area with a fire pit as well. The owner Cath is probably the most helpful owner you can ever imagine. Thank you, thank you and more thank yous!
Very relaxing weekend
3 families with 2 children per family stayed. The only issue we had the entire stay was sorting out who would get the fab ensuite bedroom! The pictures don't do the house justice. The surrounding forest provided hours of entertainment for the 6 children….. in fact we had difficulty getting them inside at all.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
26 Mar 2017 - 22 Sep 2018
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
** This rate is subject to a per person/per night fee. The displayed price reflects one guest.
Additional pricing information
|1 x dog per night||£ 15 per person per night|
Balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival
Credit card details are taken on arrival as a Security Deposit in case of damages
Up to 8 weeks – no cancellation charge
4-8 weeks – 50% of rate refunded
2-4 weeks – 25% of rate refunded
Less than 2 weeks – no refund
Changeover Fridays, arrival from 3pm or by prior arrangement. Checkout 10am.
Notes on prices:
Short breaks are as follows:
2 nights £995
3 nights £1200
4 nights £1400
5 nights £1600
6 nights £1800
7 nights £1995
Buckstone Log Cabin is available over Christmas and New Year for short breaks. Please note a double rate will be charged for this period.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- Master Bedroom with ensuite WC and shower The central shower and toilet facilities are tastefully designed to provide privacy and have high spec fittings throughout. There are 2 units, each with 3 toilets and 2 showers.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: - Sleeps up to 14 max (Ideally 6 adults and upto 8 children) - Adult only groups sleeps up to 10 adults 5 Bedrooms: Master bedroom: King size bed, en-suite, double doors open to veranda and grounds. Double bedroom: In main cabin next to the bunk room. Attic room: Twin bed with option of linking together to make a double. Bunk rooms 1 and 2 : 4 single beds in each
- Max. occupancy: 14
- pets considered
- children welcome
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The Utility Room: Overflow fridge freezer. Additional food preparation and storage area. Ice machine and drinks fridge. Melamine plates and cutlery provided for the BBQ. BBQ cooking pots and pans for authentic camp fire cooking. Washer/dryer with clothes racks for drying. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Beds are prepared with white crisp bed linen. Towels are provided (1 bath and 1 hand towel per guest).