Holiday Home in Chideock Village, near Bridport, Dorset, England - Lovely Location 1 Mile Seatown, 3 Pubs / Restaurants / Shop, Footpaths, Near Bridport, Dog Welcome
A small holiday cottage (282 sq ft/ 26 sq m) with a lovely patio area with garden furniture. It is a comfortable cosy bolt hole for two all on one level. French doors to patio giving rural views of Coast path. Dog welcome with small cleaning fee. Here you have everything you require. Dorchester, Weymouth, Exeter, Beer, Seaton and Sidmouth within driving distance or local buses. Lyme Regis for fossils, West Bay (Broadchurch), Charmouth and Golden Cap highest point on South Coast, popular for walkers. Chesil beach, Portland, Weymouth, the Fleet and Abbotsbury on the spectacular coastal road. Chideock is a historic Medieval village with it's own museum situated in the North of the village. Hourly local bus service through village or ride on the top of the X53 from Poole to Exeter calling at all coastal places on this beautiful route. Bus stops are within 100yds. Convenient for touring the coast or inland places of interest. Devon and Somerset within easy reach. Wi fi free.
Top Traveller Review
Prester Garden Cottage
About the Owner
Raised in North Dorset till 13, then based in Chideock with periods living abroad. Three generations of my family live in the village. We have been walking the skyline of hills that you can see from the cottage for 40 years and never tire of that view, or of swimming from the wonderful pebble beach at Seatown tucked below Golden Cap.
Eleanor and Malcolm
Guestbook comments from the owner
Lovely cottage, wonderful hosts. Good food at George across the road, excellent meals and welcme at the Clock Inn and downhouse farm in Higher Eype. Coastal path to the top of Golden Cap well worth the trek. Can't wait to return here. Seatown via footpath good. Alison and Mike Nottinghamshire.
Good weather,good location, good cottage, good food, good beer, good hosts, good bye and thank you. Cath and Mick Towcester.
Many thanks for our stay in your cottage and the useful information you provided us with. Family . Mejam The Netherlands.
4.3 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Prester Garden Cottage
Lovely cottage clean, tidy and well equipped with everything you need. Really enjoyed our stay good location, lovely views. Eleanor is friendly and very helpful. We will be returning. Michael, Pat & our dog Carla xx
Prester Garden cottage
We stayed at this lovely cottage,it is a well equipped with everything you need.
We really enjoyed the peaceful evenings sitting in the garden.
Eleanor and her family were very helpful and kind x
We would love to return and highly recommend this cottage.
Paula,Mervyn and Ollie our little dog x
Superb weather, good central location with lovely views over the hills. Cottage clean and tidy, everything there we needed. Owner very friendly and helpful. Gill and Reg. Leics.
Activity and Interests
Beach one mile from cottage. Access via footpaths and bridal way 20 mins. on foot or by car 5 mins There is a fee paying car park at the beach which can be redeemed when purchasing food/drinks from the Anchor Inn. Charmouth 3 miles drive or about 2/3 hours moderate walking over Golden Cap. Lyme Regis 6 miles by car or for experienced walkers about 3/4 hours over golden cap depending on the condition of the coastal path. West Bay (Broadchurch) 3 miles 2 hrs. walk on coastal path .
Exeter Airport 40 miles. Ferry ports Plymouth 90 miles, Poole 45 miles, Portsmouth 90 miles.Other airports, Southampton and Bristol 75 miles. Bournemouth 55miles.Car hire is advisable but not essential if touring the area as regular buses run from the cottage and there ample walks in the vicinity.There is a coastal bus between Exeter and Poole calling at all coastal villages and towns on route with day tickets available, bus passes accepted. Buses via villages between Axminster and Weymouth.
Nearest town Bridport 2.5 miles for shopping, supermarkets, leisure centre, museum, plus thriving local food shops/markets and Antiques . Lyme Regis 5 m for heritage centre, fossils, the Cob, Theatre, cinema. West Bay Harbour 3 m. Historic Dorchester for museums and shopping 18 m. Weymouth beach and amenities 24 m. Salisbury, Corfe Castle, Lulworth Cove,Sherbourne within driving distance. Beer for fresh fish and the Donkey Santuary and Sidmouth 24 m well worth a visit to name but a few.
Local markets Bridport Sat and Wed. Charmouth Monday, Axminster Thursday, Dorchester Thursday. There is a Leisure centre at Bridport as well as Supermarkets and banks. Several festivals and local events are held in the area such as the Sidmouth Folk Festival in August, the annual Hat festival and the Christmas Tree Festival in Bridport. The Melplash Show. Lifeboat days and Lifeboat week at Lyme Regis as well as village life around the region. Local carnivals in the summer and village fetes. Bridport arts centre and theatres in Lyme Regis, Weymouth and Poole. Banks and interesting shops in Bridport. Museums and shops in Dorchester. Good shopping in the Cathedral City of Exeter on a bus route from the cottage or park and ride. Lovely fish and chips in West Bay (Broadchurch) The Seaton tram ride and many local attractions. Fishing from the beach or organised fishing trips available.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Sep 2016 - 27 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
28 Oct 2016 - 15 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
Booking by e mail preferred or text owner's mobile. 20% non returnable deposit on booking and balance due 6 weeks prior to start date of holiday. If less than 6 weeks to start of holiday balance to be paid on booking. Payment by cheque or bank transfer regret not credit cards. Please feel free to contact owners for any further information. A discount is available for a continuous 2 week booking without linen change or mid holiday service clean.
Weekly changeover day is Friday. Short breaks possible during Low Season. Available after 3 pm on Friday of arrival and vacating by 11 a.m. on Friday of departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom with large shower/wet area all on one level ( no steps or shower tray.) Shower seat and handrail. WC. Wash basin. Radiator.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: 1 double bedroom with 4 ft 6 inch bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Bedlinen, tea towels and personal towels are provided. Property will be clean and prepared for guests on arrival. Use of a washing machine in an outside laundry room. A non smoking property. Off road adjacent car parking is designated to the cottage. Prester Garden cottage is situated behind the owner's medieval thatched cottage and faces the coast with direct views. Well behaved dog welcome. Apologies but NO CATS - allergy. Outside: Prester Garden cottage has a private patio with lighting, garden furniture and a flower bed. Designated off road parking for 1 car is adjacent to the property and a gate from the lane leads to the patio gate of the cottage via an easy attractive pathway .A well behaved dog is accepted (small extra charge ) The patio area is screened on all sides by trees and hedges but has a clear outlook towards the coast. There is security lighting on path to entry. A peaceful setting and lovely to sit out on warm evenings with the patio lights. A country inn is just yards from the cottages with the village local pub just a few miutes walk. A pleasant stroll to Seatown beach takes at most 20 minutes and there is a friendly pub where on a pleasant day meals and drinks can be enjoyed at a cliff top table. The village pubs and the cottage owners are dog friendly. Chideock has a village hall, 2 Churches, a well supplied shop/post office, local museum and cream tea garden. Utility Room: A washing machine is available for guest's use in an outside laundry room with use of a nearby rotary line. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen, tea towels and personal towels are provided. Property will be clean and prepared for guests on arrival. Other: Parking is suitable for any type of car. Small vans ok. Large vans or camper vans will NOT fit.