Periers-en-Auge, Nr. Cabourg, Caen, Deauville, Calvados, Normandy, France - In the heart of A wild and total calm area, 5kms to the beach, close to Caen, D D landing beaches,
In the heart of the Pays d'Auge and the "Route du Cidre" within 8ha (20acres) of fields, without any neighborhood. The proposed house opens onto a 80m2 (80ca) terrasse and a heated outdoor pool. Daily fresh air markets, restaurants and coast all nearby. This property is our secondary house and is available to rent for stays of at least two consecutive weeks during the months of July August and September. Apart from the two summer months July and August, rentals for 7 nights or long week ends are possible.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Irene d'Harcourt
We are a French family of 5 people: Gérard and Irène parents, Flore 19 years old, Oriane 16 years old and Emérence 11 years old.
Even if we live in Paris, we love nature, walking simply in the wild fields, looking at roebucks, picking apples down the trees, sharing time playing tennis or swimming.
We also enjoy visiting Paris, museum and spending time in French "cafés Parisians" and little restaurants.
Irene d'Harcourt purchased this villa in 2012
Why Irene d'Harcourt chose Lisieux area
This property belonged to Irene’s grand parents.
We bought L’Enclos de La Pommeraie 3 years ago and began renovating and giving it a new personality.
We are in love with the sea view, the total calm of the nature all around this unique place.
We have a lot of pleasure spending all our week-ends and holiday taking care of our property, garden and share it with our friends and renters that also love nature nearby the sea.
What makes this villa unique
Very quiet environment (no neighbour around), a fantastic sea view for those who need resting. Many famous places to visit for more active persons : Deauville, Honfleur, Lisieux, old town of Caen, D Day landing beaching Mont Saint Michel ... Many golf club around (Cabourg at 3 miles and Deauville at 10 miles away) for sportive persons.
When friends come to see us, we walk in the countryside, go to Dives-sur-mer old market place on Saturdays, go for swimming on the sea, visit old castles around or follow races at Deauville. We also love staying in our peaceful property welcoming our friends and family, enjoying life, our wide garden with all its flowers as well as the swimming pool when beaches are crowed.
(6 traveller reviews)
We had a wonderful stay at this lovely Normandy cottage. It has been beautifully restored and is situated in well kept grounds with views to the coast. The rooms are simple but well equipped with everything you need. I was most impressed by the quality of the bed linen which was spotless. The owners were delightful and most welcoming, you will find them mentioned in the French equivalent of Debretts! The warm swimming pool was much appreciated and ideal if you are having an early or late season stay. The area is full of interesting places to visit, we especially enjoyed seeing the Bayeaux Tapestry as well as the WW2 landing beaches and a nearby chateaux owned by friends of the owners. We had a busy week but it was nice to get back to the tranquillity of the house. I would thoroughly recommend visiting this area and staying at La Pommerie.
A lovely rural house with fabulous pool
Firstly, the communications with Irene we very prompt. She answered all booking queries very quickly and telephoned us during our stay to check we were happy. We had one problem with a boiler leaking which was fixed within an hour or two of me calling Irene with no bother to us at all. We found the house to be as described. The pool was immaculately clean and the kids spent many a happy hour in there! The house itself had the right equipment we required for self catering and the grounds are really pretty. It was a really warm week when we were there but the house stayed perfectly cool. We tend to always pick places with air con but this really did not require it.
The bedrooms were clean, beautifully soft towels and clean crisp bedding on comfortable beds. The location was perfect for us. Many towns and places of interest within short driving distances and only 10 minutes from a large supermarket but set within tranquil, private grounds.
We have stayed in a lot of self catering places and this is up there as one of my favourites.
As soon as we returned Irene organized the return of our full deposit.
Lovely property, but poor experience
We spent 10 days here.
• The outdoor space is absolutely lovely and peaceful.
• Irene the owner was welcoming when we arrived and had bought pastries and drinks. She and Gerard, her husband, were helpful on several occasions when we had questions.
• The heated pool was a key reason we chose the property. We were informed after arrival that the heater was broken and could not be repaired quickly (pool was too cold to use). The owner offered to give some compensation for the inconvenience.
• We did not receive an inventory upon arrival, nor did the owner conduct a check in to go through the condition of the house. After following up we received an inventory detailing the items in the house, but not their condition.
• The electricity limit included in the price is set at 50KW/ day. Although we didn’t exceed it we were close to the limit even though the pool heater didn’t work and we were careful with usage.
• The standard of cleanliness in the house was very poor. Cupboards were dusty, drawers had accumulated dirt, the cutlery had encrusted food. We had 2 young kids with us, and so spent a lot of time cleaning to ensure the house was usable. The ping-pong table was caked with bird excrement and the BBQ was rusty and dirty. We emailed Irene to inform her of the cleanliness issue. Since it was not our responsibility to fully clean the place we left most areas as they were.
• The night before leaving the owner returned and we invited her to review the property, but she declined saying she "trusted" us. Upon our return home however she emailed stating a bench had been scratched (we received an indecipherable photograph as evidence) and a foot had broken off the travel cot (the cot was so old and worn our baby had been unable to use it). A day later, we received another email holding us responsible for coffee stains on some wallpaper. This rang alarm bells as those stains had been there when we arrived, one of many things beneath the expected cleanliness standard. Although we explained this to the owner she still made a deduction equal to the compensation we were due. This was inappropriate given no proper check in or check out had been done, so she had no objective or justifiable reference point for her deductions.
As a family we have rented many houses directly through owners across Europe, including in France, without any problem. This was the strangest, least professional experience we have had.
Beautiful Normandy house with private access
Beautiful traditional Normandy house in a secluded and private location surrounded by fields and apple orchards with heated private swimming pool. My wife and I plus our son and daughter-in-law with their two girls, aged 5 and 8, had the most delightful stay in this lovely house. We loved the peace and quiet, reading books and playing games. The fact there was no wifi was a great treat as it meant no one could do any work at all so it was a proper holiday. The d’Harcourt family had thought of everything and it’s a house that felt like a home, not just a rental property. When we could tear ourselves away from the house and pool we also had the whole of Normandy to explore: D-Day beaches, museums, Bayeux tapestry and food, glorious food!
Gorgeous home and grounds in great location!
We were absolutely thrilled with this property, the kind and helpful hosts and the location. We have 2 small boys (2 and 5) and live in London, so the rural, spacious and beautiful grounds were amazing! Cows, deer, even a sighting of a wild boar on the huge estate. And just so much beautiful space to roam, explore and play, all totally private with no one around but us - we would have had a great holiday just staying at the house! The house itself was gorgeous, with an open plan downstairs and a table in a bay window to sit and enjoy as well as a patio table outside - wonderful for relaxing. Irene set us up with a cot and a little wooden highchair that my 2 year old loved and bunk beds that my older son loved, as well as welcome treats. She even bought us milk, eggs and bread to get started since we arrived late on a Sunday night - she couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming.
The location was also fantastic, easy access to all kinds of sights - Bayeux and the tapestry, D-day beaches, fun beaches for playing, lovely seaside towns like Cabourg, nearby Caen, and we even did an easy day trip to Mont St. Michel.
A wonderful holiday because of a wonderful place. We'll definitely be going back.
Rich Normandy Region
We ventured all the way from Australia with a need to be in Normandy for World Equestrian Games. With no idea of the area we began sending emails with our lovely hosts over 12 months prior. With accomodation scarce we crossed our fingers and hoped we had made a reasonable choice. Well we could not have been happier landing in the beautiful Normandy Region with excellent gateway to the games, historical D'Day beaches, lovely countryside and I haven't even mentioned the property. A beautiful country retreat that externally is "so Normandy" in look and feel but inside it has lovely open plan kitchen living, sizeable bedrooms, modern bathroom and we haven't even ventured outside where wonderful pool area sets the ideal setting for evening relaxing BBQ entertaining. Our UK guests rolled in and marvelled at the wonderful fields and view across countryside. If you are very quiet and alert you will be rewarded with a family of deer who roam the paddocks early and evening. Highly recommended destination with hosts that couldn't do enough to make us happy. Great time Ian
From the Owner
“This property belonged to Irene’s grand parents. We bought L’Enclos de La Pommeraie 3 years ago and began renovating and giving it a new personality. We are in love with the sea view, the total calm of the nature all around this unique place. We have a lot of pleasure spending all our week-ends and holiday taking care of our property, garden and share it with our friends and renters that also love nature nearby the sea.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Its convenient location makes this property a central point allowing you to alternate days on the beach but also to walk to suit your needs in this region how steeped in history, among others that of the Vikings, offering all the landing beaches of Normandy that the city of Caen (its two abbeys and Memorial), the beautiful historic village of Beaumont-en-Auge and many open to the public as can be, among other Chateau Fontaine Henry, Château de Canon properties and landscaped garden of the Château rat Victot-Pontfol between beautiful on other properties. Please feel free to ask us more infos.
Nearest Beach: Cabourg or Houlgate 3 miles - 5 km
D day landing beaches 15 to 60kms
Nearest Airport: Caen 20 Kilometres (14 miles)
Nearest Ferry: Cabourg ou Houlgate 5 Kilometres ( 3miles)
Nearest Train: Cabourg ou Houlgate 5 Kilometres (3 miles)
Nearest Motorway: A13 4 Kilometres (exit at 2 miles, but you cannot neither see it nor hear it from any place of the property)
Located 200 km from Paris (2 hours drive) and 2km from the Dozule exit onto A13.
Nearest Barpub: Cabourg ou Houlgate 5 Kilometres
Nearest Golf: Cabourg 5 Kilometres
Nearest Restaurant: Cabourg ou Houlgate ou Dives-Sur-Mer 5 Kilometres
At 4kms : Supermarkets, banks, cinemas... typical daily fresh market places
Golf, horse back riding
The electric pool cover should be closed when not using the pool and especially at night in order to maintain acceptable temperature. Rental price include pool heating but not overcost of electricity consumption (which will be taken from deposit)
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 28 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
29 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Sep 2017 - 14 Oct 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£1,684.38|
Financial conditions are :
- booking is effective by payment of 40% by bank transfer + returning rental contract and pool cover instructions signed in English and French.
- balance is due 6 weeks before arrival by
- a deposit by bank transfer of 2000€ will be asked also 6 weeks in case of damage in the house or garden/swimming pool. We will send it back to postal address within the 2 weeks following departure.
Preferred changeover day is Saturday, with arrival after 5pm, and departure by 10am. Other days possible by arrangement.
Notes on prices:
Conditions and prices stand for a capacity of 6-7 persons final cleaning included (if the house ins unacceptably dirty, a surcharge will be taken from deposit.
For prices with extension of up to 7 additionnal persons ie 13-14 persons in total, please ask owner for more information
Prices include sheets and bath towels. Swimming or sea towels are not provided.
Cleaning or cooking possible during your stay upon request (not included)
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Very quiet environment (no neighbour around), a fantastic sea view for those who need resting. Many famous places to visit for more active persons : Deauville, Honfleur, Lisieux, old town of Caen, D Day landing beaching Mont Saint Michel ... Many golf club around (Cabourg at 3 miles and Deauville at 10 miles away) for sportive persons. When friends come to see us, we walk in the countryside, go to Dives-sur-mer old market place on Saturdays, go for swimming on the sea, visit old castles around or follow races at Deauville. We also love staying in our peaceful property welcoming our friends and family, enjoying life, our wide garden with all its flowers as well as the swimming pool when beaches are crowed.”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- water skiing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1.shower, toilet, sink Bathroom 2: shower, toilet, sink and washing machine Extension possible for 2 other bathrooms Bathroom 1.bath-tub, sink Bathroom 2: shower, toilet, sink
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, Parent's room + bath room
- Bedroom 3 - 4 Single Bed, Children's room
- Description of sleeping capacity: (3 rooms for 7) + (in the other house possibility of 3 rooms for 7). 2 bathrooms in the 1st house (+ 3 bath rooms in the other house) Notes on bedrooms: It offers a master suite on the ground floor with a double bed (160x190) and its private bathroom and 2 bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. One of the two bedrooms has 2 single beds (90 x 190), the other, rather a child's room, with 4 beds
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Max. occupancy: 8
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: Heating, parking, washing machine, hair dryer, iron & board, private and heated pool (from mid june to early September, depending on weather), child's high chair, baby bed, Sleeping capacity of 15 people is using the 2 houses (6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, 3 living rooms and 2 kitchen). Price here enclosed stands for one house (3 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms). Outside: Heated 5mx10m outdoor and private swimming pool (electric cover to be closed at nights in order to keep water warm) Tennis nearby (1km) Golf (nearby 5kms Cabourg- Le Home and 20Kms Deauville) Boat (at the sea side 5kms) Deck / Patio : Peaceful sea and cowntryside views Outdoor Grill Lawn / Garden Petanque Court Utility Room: Extension possible for 3 other bedrooms and 2 other bath rooms : Bedroom 4: 1 double bed Bedroom 5: 1 single bed + 1 double bed Bedroom 6: 2 single beds Bathroom 3.bath-tub, sink Bathroom 4: shower, toilet, sink Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Sheets and bath towels are provided Swimming pool towels are not provided Final cleaning is included but if the house is unacceptably dirty, a surcharge will be taken from deposit Other: Extension possible for 3 other bedrooms and 2 other bath rooms. Please ask if needed.