Cottage in Thorigne en Charnie, Mayenne, Pays de la Loire, France - Peaceful Rural Location But With Excellent Road Connections To Le Mans And Laval
Les Ecoubleres offers the chance to escape from the pressures of everyday life and is the perfect place to relax, unwind and explore the French countryside. Built in 15th century, the farmhouse has been fully restored and is surrounded by 6 acres of pasture land. The house is centrally heated in the winter months. We are ideally sited to visit the historical cities of Le Mans and Laval plus all the other attractions offered in the departments of Mayenne and Sarthe.
About the Owner
We are artists living in the West of England and Les Ecoubleres is our home. After many years of searching for a French retreat we stumbled across this beautiful property that we have lovingly restored. We hope that all who visit Les Ecoubleres will enjoy it as much as we do and will be inspired to return.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Bradshaw family: August 2014: We had a fantastic stay at this beautiful cottage with such a gorgeous view. We had a very peaceful relaxing time, we definitely will be back.
Mr & Mrs Jacobs, July 2014: Lovely, lovely place, quiet and so relaxing. The cottage is really nicely appointed - we like it so much we hope to revisit in the New Year.
From the Owner
“After visiting the area for several years my partner and I eventually discovered this rambling, rustic, property and fell in live with it instantly. Originally an ancient settlement dating back to the 15th Century, the property is set in 6 acres of open land, attracting a rich and diverse variety of wildlife. Conveniently located within easy reach of the local amenities, les Ecoubleres is the perfect retreat, offering peace and tranquility without being isolated. Since purchasing the property we have carried out extensive renovation work and the house now offers comfortable, modern accommodation.”
Activity and Interests
1.5 hrs from the coast at St Malo.
Rennes airport is approx. 40 mins drive.
Dinard airport is approx 1.5 hrs drive
Tours airport is approx. 2 hrs drive
4.5 - 5 hours drive from Calais and 2.5 hrs from Le Havre
We are approx. half an hour from Laval and Le Mans which are cities with excellent amenities. Sable Sur Sarthe and Evron are local towns which are both about 20 mins drive and have excellent supermarkets. There are many very good restaurants all within 10 mins drive, details are supplied in the cottage.
Conveniently situated on the Mayenne/Sarthe borders, this perfect French cottage retreat is within easy reach of Le Mans, Laval and Sable sur Sarthe so the shops bars and restaurants are never far away. Les Ecoubleres is 15 minutes from the nearest town, 2.5 hours west of Paris and 1.5 hours north of the Loire Valley with its splendid collection of vineyards, wine cellars and French chateaux.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Oct - Dec 2016
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Rates are quoted for weekly rentals, part weeks also considered. Discounts for bookings over 3 weeks available on request. 20% deposit requested to confirm booking(not refundable) and the balance 6 weeks before the date of your holiday.
Linen can be supplied (weekly) at a charge of £10 per person.
Dilapidation deposit of £100 required but is fully refundable in the event of there being no problems.
There is a £50 surcharge for central heating in the winter months
Electricity is metered and charged at the end of your stay - average of less than 10 euros pw
We usually take bookings from Saturday to Saturday but other days may be possible. Arrival time is 4.00pm (unless otherwise agreed) and departure is 10.00am.
Notes on prices:
Please note there is a £50 weekly surcharge for central heating in the winter months.
Pet can possibly be accommodated, please contact us to discuss, a surcharge of £20 per dog applies to cover additional cleaning costs.
A 20% deposit is required to secure your booking and the balance is due 6 weeks before your stay.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Les Ecoubleres has all the charm and character you would expect from a traditional French Farmhouse. The tranquility of the surroundings makes it the ideal place for creative inspiration and the perfect rural escape for anyone seeking time out from a busy life.”
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 2 bathrooms, first on ground floor has a shower and the second on the first floor has a bath.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a large double bed. Bedroom 2 has a double and single bed.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Beautiful spacious living areas offer the ideal place to relax and enjoy your stay. Outside: French doors from the lounge open onto a patio area with table and chairs. Garden area directly behind the house is laid to grass, there is a swing and tyre suspended in the old oak tree. Charcoal BBQ available, also a couple of relaxing garden chairs. You could choose to sit at the front of the house to have your coffee and croissants or alternatively in the gazebo under the grape vine. Whilst there is no swimming pool at the house there are many swimming facilities in the local area, from a heated outdoor pool at St Suzanne (5 mins drive away) to a sandy beach area with swimming in the lake at Brulon. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen is optional and can be provided at a charge of £10 per person. This would be for all bed linen and bathroom towels, T-towels etc. Changed weekly. Electricity is metered & charge at the end of your stay - average of less than 10 euros pw