Cottage in Norton Disney, Nr. Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England - Peaceful Location
Blackthorn cottage is attached to the farmhouse, set in the middle of a small mixed working farm. The cottage has recently been refurbished to a high standard and has its own secure garden. This provides the perfect family getaway, the peace and tranquillity of the countryside with the fully equipped modern comforts suitable for families with small children. Come and see our sheep, horses, chickens and rare breed pigs!
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We have been here at White Hall Farm for 8 years. We are aiming to run a sustainable small farm and equestrian business whilst improving the environment for wildlife. We are replacing lost hedges and planting bird friendly boundaries to some fields. The sheep and rare breed pigs arrived in our quest for better quality meat. All this has to work with the equestrian side of our business with which we have been involved for most of our lives.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have had such a relaxing time! the facilities were fantastic and the people so helpful. Thank you!
Perfect base to explore Lincoln and the girls loved the animals!
4.8 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Friendly welcome by the owner. Fresh flowers, wine and a relaxed welcome made us feel right at home. Very warm, logs were plentiful and superb views of the area. The house was equipped with everything we needed for our week away, water pressure was amazing compared to what we are used to at home. Local walks with the children and dogs were serene, and a really professional setup with the equestrian centre. Couldn't fault a thing! Thank you for a wonderful time.
Had a wonderful week here over Christmas. Lovely cottage with great features - oak beams, log fire, lovely period furniture. Very cosy with central heating and as much wood as we liked. Cooked full Christmas dinner for 3 in the kitchen. The welcome was lovely, with eggs, wine and beautiful fresh flowers. The setting is picturesque, rural, away from the roads and towns in a lovely village and yet only minutes from the A46 with easy access to both Newark and Lincoln. Thank you for a great week! We Will be back.
Had a lovely week at this cottage. Very comfortable and well equipped . very friendly owners and much appreciated warm home made bread on arrival and bottle of wine . at the beginning of the week we thought the half mile track to cottage might be a bit of a chore but it was a great wildlife hunt. We even saw badgers. Would definitely recommend this cottage.
This cottage is really nice, homely and comfortable. The pictures do the property justice - nice big sofa, modern kitchen and 2 large bedrooms. We used it as a base to see lots of Lincolnshire. Location is good, pub within 1 mile or so and good food and beer. Easy to get to Lincoln or Newark and the coast is about an hour or so away.
You can walk straight from the house and its interesting watching others over the horse jumps on the site (even if you aren't into horses at all).
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
White Hall Farm boasts exceptional equestrian training facilities.We have a purpose built cross country course with show jumping arena and all weather ménage. Stabling can be provided for people wishing to bring their own horses for training or just riding out in the countryside! If you are bringing horses there are plenty of rides along bridleways, country lanes and through local woodlands.
The coast is about 1 1/2 hours away; you can visit Skegness or Mablethorpe with their huge variety of entertainments.
Blackthorn cottage is situated 1 mile outside the village of Norton Disney, just 8 miles from the city of Lincoln and 5 miles from Newark. Nottingham is 15 miles away. Access is 10mins off the A1 along the A46.
Lincoln has many attraction going on all year round, especially the famous Christmas Market.
There are several antiques fairs which are very popular and attract people from all over the country.
A list of things to see and do will be provided when you arrive.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 20% is required at the time of booking (non refundable unless we can re-let) Full payment to be made 4 weeks prior to the holiday. Payment can be made by cash cheque or internet banking.
For a stay of 7 days the changeover day is Saturday, however we try to be flexible. For short stays just ask! The cottage is available any time after 4pm and departure is by 10am.
Notes on prices:
A general guide to the price of a short break: divide weekly price by 5 then multiply by the number of days you wish to stay.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom upstairs with a large shower. Toilet downstairs.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a king size bed, Bedroom 2 has a 2 single beds which can be turned into a king size bed if required. A cot is available on request.
- Notes on accommodation: Comfortable and spacious accommodation for 4 people. Central heating with luxury furnishings and bedding provide a truly relaxing stay. Up to 2 well behaved dogs are allowed by prior arrangement. Children are particularly welcome, to come and meet all our animals! Wardrobes and drawers give plenty of storage in the bedrooms. Smoking is not permitted within the cottage. Outside: Next to the cottage is a secure garden for children or pets. There is an outside table with parasol and barbecue, allowing you to enjoy relaxed alfresco dining. Utility Room: Washing and drying facilities are available on request. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Good quality towels and linens are provided. Beds are made up and the cottage is fully cleaned before the arrival of guests. Complimentary toiletries and household cleaning supplies are available for your use. Other: There is a spacious entrance hall and cloakroom and downstairs toilet.