Apartment in The Old Village, Vilamoura, Portugal - Top floor air conditioned apartment in award winning location close to marina, beaches, golf courses
This top floor 2 bedroom apartment with panoramic terrace overlooking the golf course is situated in The Old Village, Vilamoura. It is open plan with a spacious balcony that is ideal for outside dining. The Old Village is 25 minutes from Faro airport and is designed to reflect the 18th century style Portuguese houses. The Old Village has pedestrianised cobbled walk ways, well established gardens, 3 swimming pools, bars and restaurants, a children's play area and supermarket. For keen golfers there are a number of superb golf courses nearby, incuding Victoria, The Old Course, Laguna and Vila Sol. The Pinhal course surrounds the complex. The property is a 15 minute walk to the Marina and beach where there are lots of excellent restaurants, bars and shops. There is also reassurance of 24hr security.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are a family of 4, with two children aged 13 and 9. We have been coming to the Old Village for the last 7 years. We bought the apartment after our first visit as we loved the Old Village because of it's exceptionally well kept gardens, swimming pools, quietness and location as it has easy access to the Marina in Vilamoura and lovely beaches and sports facilities.
The apartment is lovely, well maintained and had everything we needed. We loved the old village as it was quiet and had great facilities for the children. We are amazed at the care and attention the grounds receive and having the golf courses so near was an added bonus. The harbour is vibrant at night with lots of great places to eat and the beaches are beautiful. We will be back. TM Bristol
1 holidaymaker review
Absolutely fantastic apartment, beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. Wonderful views from the roof terrace and a most relaxing balcony leading out from the living room. Would most definitely recommend this property. We have stayed at The Old Village several times and this is most definitely one of the best.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the Old Village and Vilamoura and have spent so many wonderful family holidays together there and will continue to do so. The friendliness of the locals and the accessibility of everything means there is so much to do, from chilling out looking over the marina in a coffee bar to dolphin spotting, to enjoying the cycle paths and of course the beautiful beaches and sea.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Vilamoura is becoming renowned for its triathlon, cycling and running facilities hosting many teams and clubs looking for warm weather training. Vilamoura has a 50m swimming pool, sea swimming, running track, gym and excellent roads for cycling. Vilamoura also has a nature reserve used by runners for its undulating tracks.
The marina and beach are an easy 15 min level walk from the apartment. At the Marina there are facilities for boat trips, hire of jet skis, Para-gliding, sailing, deep sea fishing etc. The main Falasia beach is a large sandy beach where sun beds and parasols can be hired. As well as being accessible on foot, it can be reached by a regular bus service. If you rent a car, parking is available. Bars and restaurants are spread out along the beach.
How to get there
The Old Village is 25km (25 mins by car) from Faro airport. Car hire is available but not essential. Airport transfer can be booked from the local agent on site at the Old Village
Quarteira is about 3km from the Old Village and is quintessentially Portuguese with a large market every Wednesday and an excellent fresh fish market. Vale do Lobo and Quinta Do Largo are c 20mins by car to further exceptional beaches. Albuferia is 10 mins by car and Algarve shopping is 40mins by car. There are a number of fun and water parks nearby including Aquashow and Zoo Marine. Tickets and transfers are available from the management agency on site.
The agent on site will be happy to help you with any information you need and they have an office within 100 yards of the apartment and will supply the entry key as well as:
- Arrange bed linen and towel changes every week (extra to be arranged with the agent and paid directly to them)
- Arrange car hire and/or airport transfers
- Arrange golf bookings at reduced rates and transport to the course if required
- Provide local information and maps
- Deal with any problems relating to the apartment
We also ask you that you do not smoke in the property
There are several bars and restaurants in the Old Village which supply breakfasts, full meals and simple snacks. The restaurants on site are Casa Da Lago (Mixed Menu), Princess Gardens (A la Carte), El Greko (Tapas) and various bars, Village Inn, Bar Nautica, Sports Bar, Bar O’Café. Other restaurants in the locality are typically Portuguese.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner.
Change over day can be flexible. The apartment is normally available after 2pm on arrival day and is to be vacated by 10am on departure day. For early and late arrivals it may be possible to accommodate
These depending on other bookings
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The apartment is located within the Old Village complex in the middle of the Pinhal golf course. The Old Village offers everything you need including 3 pools, bars and restaurants, a supermarket not to mention the beautiful gardens and surroundings”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- near the sea
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with bath, shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 with twin beds and built in wardrobes. Bed 2 with double bed and built in wardrobes.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Cots and high chairs available from the management agency on site. There is a car booster seat in the wardrobe. Outside: The apartment has a beautiful Balcony with table and chairs for outside dining and a private roof terrace with wonderful view of the Old Village and Pinhal golf course. The Old Village complex keeps the open areas maintained to an incredibly high standard, with beautiful gardens. There are 3 communal swimming pools, a children's play area and 24hr security on site. The Old Village lies between the 10th and 12th fairways of the Pinhal golf course. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Includes towels and linen supplied but please bring own pool/beach towels. Local management agency will assist with airport transfers, car hire, golf booking, bicycle hire, excursions and general advice. Other: Balcony with table and chairs for outside dining and a private roof terrace with wonderful view of the Old Village and Pinhal golf course.