Colombiers, beziers ,france - Gated complex with three pools next to the Canal du Midi . Several beaches & attractions nearby.
The Villa is ideal for couples and families . The sunny terrace is a relaxing area to wine,dine and sunbathe. There are 2 outdoor pools open May to September and a heated indoor pool ( retractable roof for summer ) open all year . For children there is an all weather sports court plus a small park area for the younger ones. The snack bar offers meals and includes a shop selling essentials and cycle hire . There is entertainment on site in July & August for both children & adults . There are several beaches nearby from peaceful seclusion to resorts with funfair and thrill rides so somewhere to suit everyone . Many tourist attractions nearby to suit all ages and tastes from golf to bouncy castle land, go karts ,horse riding ,forest zip wires to open air theatre productions . Modern and ancient history in abundance with castles , cathedrals, theatres & art galleries.
Top Traveller Review
Bijou and comfortable
About the Owner
I am now retired & eventually would love to live in France on a permanent basis but until then I enjoy popping across whenever possible . Being on site is instantly relaxing and the weather is always better than back home whatever the time of year .
4.8 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Bijou and comfortable
We had a lovely ten day stay at this lovely villa. Everything we needed was there and we literally just had to walk over the road to the pool. Highly recommended.
Lovely holiday thank you. We were a bit disappointed with the state of the patio, length of grass and plants at front of property when we arrived on the Monday. The grass was cut and the weeds were partially trimmed on the Wednesday. Someone pulled the leaves off the plant at the front of the property. Pictures are available if required.
Unfortunately the toilet seat broke due to the fact that the fixings had corroded. This happened on the 5th August. So we were without a seat for the remainder of our holiday because the owner couldn't get anyone there until the 12th.
Awaiting our deposit refund, not sure how this works.
Lovely relaxing holiday
Lovely location,accommodation was good on a small complex ,bar and pool very near but not noisy at night. Canal du midi close we had a lovely walk to bezier and the locks.The beaches were fabulous just a short drive away. Went with husband and 2 children 12 and 15 son played basketball most nights with a group of french children at the complex. We had a thoroughly relaxing holiday with lots and lots of sunshine. Berni communication when booking was excellent .
Holiday in France
We have stayed on this complex previously and love the area. The property is in a central location on the site directly opposite the pool, well maintained with a very helpful owner. We would recommend to friends and relatives.
From the Owner
“Had been looking for my own 'Place in the Sun' for sometime before coming across this site which ticked all the boxes required. It's remote but not deserted , it's quiet but not boring , the weather is mostly sunny no matter what time of year . The site is right next to the Canal du Midi and also close to the beaches , the local village , the City of Beziers and plentiful parks , shops, markets & tourist attractions. Holidays here can be relaxing, energetic or a bit of both. I really enjoy every visit .”
Activity and Interests
Several beaches nearby the nearest being 10 mins by car . There are quiet beaches or you can choose more built up areas like Valras or cap d'age with fun fairs, thrill rides, jet ski etc. The Villa information book provides a description of all of them for guests along with directions .
A car is advisable to get the most out of this beautiful and historically interesting area.
The nearest airport is beziers which is approx 15mins away, Montpellier 45 & Carcassonne 1 hour as is Perpignan . Car hire available from all airports.
Site is located off junction 36 of the A9 motorway.
If travelling by train the TGV calls at Beziers station which is 10 mins from site by taxi .
Beziers City is 5 kilometres from site as is the village of Colombiers. Both can be walked to along the towpath so depending on pace & how often you are tempted by the boats , ducks & cafés takes anything from 25 mins to 2 hours !!!!
Colombiers village provides both traditional French shopping plus the usual out of town style supermarkets. Beziers is a bustling city centre with various shopping centres and a beautiful park . Artisan shops can be found with ease. A regeneration plan has seen many tourist attractions added to the area including forest trails with climbing and zip wires and a centre devoted to bouncy castles which children love especially as they have water cascading down the bouncy slides ( adults also allowed ! ) . There are historical monuments & Cathedrals , mountain trails , canoeing , cinema, bowling alleys , aqua land ..the list is endless and all within 10 mins to an hour .something to suit everyone's interests
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Booking conditions : 25% deposit ( non refundable ) with signed booking form secures dates . Balance plus £150 refundable security deposit due 6 weeks prior to holiday start date.
Change over days are flexible so guests can take advantage of cheaper mid week flights. Avoid Saturdays in July & Aug if possible as roads can get very busy.
Villa ready for Arrival at 4pm with departure 10am again will be flexible if at all possible .
Notes on prices:
Prices include provision of bed linen , hand/ shower towels , electricity, Welcome pack tea / coffee & end of clean stay .
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“I always say to holiday makers a car is advisable which it is is you want to travel the area, however it is also nice just to stay on site & relax which to be fair is what I mostly do on my visits. I love swimming hence why I brought somewhere with an indoor heated pool as well as the outdoor summer ones. There is a weekly market on site in the summer to get provisions as well as the snack bar for meals & shopping essentials. A baker provide fresh bread daily and there are super walks along the canal . The site is safe, secure & friendly .”
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- winery tours
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with shower , heated towel rail , vanity unit and large lit mirror .
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Large bedroom with twin beds plus 2 velux windows . Plenty of cupboard / hanging space . The lounge has a click clack sofa bed which makes full size twin beds or can be used as a double bed.
- Notes on accommodation: The villa offers comfortable , well equipped year round accommodation in tranquil area . There is a launderette on site currently 6 euro a wash 4 euro for dryer. Wi - fi is available currently 5 euro a day 15 week or 20 a month (unlimited) . These are provided by a third party & prices subject to change Outside: The sunny garden has a large patio area and is equipped with a table , 4 chairs & 2 sun loungers . There is an outside light for late night dining . The two outdoor pools are open May to September . The indoor pool is open all year & is heated in winter months & has a retractable roof for the summer. The on site bar offers a daily meals service in summer & stocks all the essentials like bread , cheese etc in its shop area . A local baker visits each morning with fresh bread & croissants there is also a weekly market offering cheese, olives , wine , vegetables plus clothing & jewellery Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen provided as are hand/ shower towels,tea towel & welcome pack tea/ coffee.Guests are asked to please bring own beach/ swimming towels .Rental includes end of stay clean - extra linen/ towels or mid stay cleans can be provided if required