Cottage in Peasenhall, Nr. Aldeburgh, Suffolk, England - Private, Peaceful Location In Pretty Village 20 Mins From The Coast
Private, peaceful location in pretty village 20 mins from the coast.
About the Owner
I live in London but do stay at my Suffolk homes as often as I can, not only to make sure the standard of the cottages are maintained, but because the countryside is beautiful and the skies are vast in this part of the country.
I enjoy refurbishing houses and hope visitors find my taste eclectic, homely and comfortable.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a lovely time at your cottage. It was just what we were looking for and provided the perfect base for a few days of gentle exploring and relaxing.
Wonderful relaxing location. Great house - quirky and fascinating. A wonderful time had by us all and we would love to stay again in the future.
A good base for trips - everything was within 20 mins. A lovely bottle of rose to welcome us ... Thank you.
From the Owner
“The area is rural and still maintains rural ideals. It is just far enough from London not to become part of a commuter belt and is still a 'real' village where people live and work and farm. It feels a million miles away from the fast-living City life, although is only 2.5 hours' drive and the rail links are excellent, so provides a real break.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Convenient for birdwatching facilities at RSPB's Mimsmere - as featured on Spring Watch this year.
The coastal resorts are from 20-30 mins drive away, i.e. Aldeburgh or Southwold.
A welcome pack is provided including tea, coffee, biscuits, nibbles and a bottle of wine to help you settle in on arrival.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are normally Friday to Friday, with a check-out time of 10am and check-in time of 2pm, although this May be flexible depending on previous bookings.
Preferred changeover day is Friday.
Notes on prices:
Please see website for pricing, which varies depending on number of nights and seasons. There a minimum of 3 nights in weeks out of high season.
Longer lets can be arranged where there is availability and i am happy to quote better rates upon request.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The cottage is in a small village which does have essential facilities like a well-stocked local store and post office, a wonderful deli and local organic butcher and great eateries within an easy walk. The cottage itself is perfect for small children or those of limited movement as the ground floor is step-free and the stairs to the 1st floor have a door preventing inquisitive toddlers from mounting the stairs by accident. The access to the garden is also step-free.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En suite bathroom with wheel-in shower with seat to ground floor Bedroom 3. Family bathroom with shower over bath upstairs.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms 1 & 2 with double beds, Bedroom 3 with twin beds
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The cottage has a very pretty private garden with unusual trees and planting, including a mature and fruiting mulberry tree and apple trees. There is a large patio with garden table and chairs to seat 8. A barbecue is available and two locked sheds at the rear for logs and bicycle storage, if required. Utility Room: Washer/dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning is done at the beginning and end of every occupancy or each week, whichever is the sooner. All towels and bed linen are supplied and laundered at the end of each tenancy or each week. Other: Entrance hall/dining room with vintage dining table and chairs and retro chandelier.